Old Hat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TommyP View Post
    Oh sweet Jesus I’ve literally today just scraped my home build downpipe back side exit exhaust! [emoji30]

Si, I need you help and guidance to take me away from the mindset of my ‘throw away’ generation!

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
    You younguns are just too quick to "buy new" ...

Comment

• Ours will be a stop gap till I can run to another full system off Uk Performance. Mind I may get their decat pipe(58 quid) Then reproduce my side exit effort from stainless.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1334.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	266535Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1336.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	266536Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1337.jpg
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	266537 Looks like brown vans are fastest at the moment. I must have the dirtiest van west of the Severn.
        Last edited by S49; 10 March 2019, 09:27 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]11500[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]11501[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]11502[/ATTACH] Looks like brown vans are fastest at the moment. I must have the dirtiest van west of the Servern.
          This sort of pipework construction was last seen on the A-Team ! Cue intro music ....
          Last edited by Activ8; 2 March 2019, 08:00 PM.

Comment

• Not only has the bus been "exhausted" this weekend its had a bath as well. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1346.jpg
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	266545 And just to add to the tidy up Mol has threatened to cut my hair which has been getting well out of hand.

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
              Not only has the bus been "exhausted" this weekend its had a bath as well. [ATTACH=CONFIG]11510[/ATTACH] And just to add to the tidy up Mol has threatened to cut my hair which has been getting well out of hand.
              Run like the wind Si!

Sent from the Midlands by pigeon

Comment

• Haven't done much on the old thing lately, got a spare wiper motor and some 2.5tdi calipers and carriers to upgrade to vented disc's. Cleaned up with a wire wheel. The pistons went back nicely, bleed nipples and pipes all undone. Painted with some horrible Halfords caliper paint I got in 2017, wish i'd got black. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1451.jpg
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	266732Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1453.jpg
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	266733Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1454.jpg
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	266734Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1455.jpg
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	266735 Pads and vented disc's ordered to fit S49's alterego VA03GYG

Comment

• Not quite as catchy as s49. The new one needs a name
                  Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

• Now that’s RED.lucky S49 has the speed to wear such bright callipers.

Comment

• Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post
                      Not quite as catchy as s49. The new one needs a name
                      Its not a new one Arf its the reg of the scrap one I've been harvesting for the past 9 months in the local scrappy. Kept the plate as the factors can bring up its details when quoted. Toying with having the seats and back bumper as i'm £120 in credit for some wheels we had which wont fit either van or the corrado. And there's still 5 standard wheels there with good tyres they want 20 a wheel for. You gotta love a scrap yard. Perhaps I should make my own.
                      Last edited by S49; 23 March 2019, 04:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eagles02 View Post
                        Now that’s RED.lucky S49 has the speed to wear such bright callipers.
                        And hopefully by next weekend the brakes to stop it.

Comment

• Hopefully the red wont show much with the standard "new banded"

Comment

• That's a great red Si... who / what did you bludgeon to get that colour .... [emoji106]

Comment

• Thought they looked better in the natural wired off state, Is there caliper lacquer available? They may have looked better that way.

Comment

• Well while battling against an impending shire sunset I've got the TDI brakes on the old bus. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1508.jpg
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	266763Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1510.jpg
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	266764 In 1987 the year I got the last of me City and Guilds I could have explained the benefits of vented disc's..........sadly it escapes me now.
                                Last edited by S49; 26 March 2019, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X