Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T4 : Battle Across Time (2010 to present)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next door delivery service 80mm intake pipe...

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
      Any chance you could log a run at temp on Engine / Ch7 ? It's 15deg outside and my IAT is reading 50+ with the Apollo - I'm now sure it's knocking the fuelling back without a fault code being flagged or limp.
      Possibly .....might be a while, you know how useless I am.

Comment

• Rerouted and upgraded the air intake today. I've been using the Volvo V70 tdi intake hose which is a tapered 80mm to 51mm drawing air from the OEM side vent through an enclosed K&N Apollo housed air filter system following the OEM hose path. I've maxxed out the airmass at roughly 1500mg/s but the air intake is getting hot (crotch-pot cooking hot , last run 52°C!, ambient was 15°C) This reduces the oxygen to burn once it's been compressed and inter-warmed with my TMIC.

Time to try the cold air feed the Apollo is designed for. The 80mm heavy duty 4ply silicon 45° hose slipped tightly under the brake servo. The hose shape was distorted a little but not to affect the flow or the ends. Little concerned about vibration but I could reduce the diameter - 80mm maximises the remapped airmass housing. The K&N Apollo air filter and housing now lies low and flat in the bay drawing air from the front of the van. Ive made a heat shield plate to shield the filter and pipework from engine heat but left it off while I'm first fitting. Time for a logrun but too late tonight, positive indications at tickover, the temp was lower than previously recorded.

Last edited by Activ8; 13 October 2018, 08:12 PM.

Comment

• I hope all goes well during the next long run test.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post
            I hope all goes well during the next long run test.
            Cheers Kev. How's your day been? Are you affected by the weather locally?

Comment

Cheers Kev. How's your day been? Are you affected by the weather locally?
              Work work work mate 7 days a week unfortunately, yes the weather is really bad down here , lots of fallen trees , major fooding and one fatality so far after a landslide , luckily where we live we are not affected directly by the flooding , thanks for asking

Comment

• Just returned from my airmass logrun following the airflow pipework changes and it's lost 12°C on tickover (average 52°C previously) and lost 18-30°C on a run (ambient today was 15°C this afternoon).... a couple more runs needed but next is to fit the heat shield and look at opening the front panel up or creating a scoop or feed to it. Success. [emoji41]

Last edited by Activ8; 18 October 2018, 04:49 PM.

Comment

• Fitted the bonnet strut. Which works a treat but it's taken a few lifts to get used to it as I kept shocking myself when it rises automatically.... [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]. Only criticism I have is that the headlight bracket sits skew on top of the top headlight plate as there's a pressed upturned edge it sits on. I stuck 3x large 1mm washers underneath to square it up temporarily but will find something better in due course. I also removed the rubber grommet from the stay and fitted another large washer backing plate to make it solid. Check your bonnet alignment after fitting the top plate. Great for the money.

Comment

Fitted the bonnet strut. Which works a treat but it's taken a few lifts to get used to it as I kept shocking myself when it rises automatically.... [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]. Only criticism I have is that the headlight bracket sits skew on top of the top headlight plate as there's a pressed upturned edge it sits on. I stuck 3x large 1mm washers underneath to square it up temporarily but will find something better in due course. I also removed the rubber grommet from the stay and fitted another large washer backing plate to make it solid. Check your bonnet alignment after fitting the top plate. Great for the money.
                    Instructions (yes i read them) say washers under the bracket and large washer behind where the grommet was. And also remove 1 bolt from bonnet fit bracket then fit the second.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

• No instructions with mine bud!
                      Just a sticker!
                      Washers were small but hey ho, it's done and works well. Just been looking up a stainless strut to replace the Chinesium one when it fails.

Last edited by Activ8; 18 October 2018, 06:05 PM.

Comment

No instructions with mine bud!
                        Just a sticker!
                        Washers were small but hey ho, it's done and works well. Just been looking up a stainless strut to replace the Chinesium one when it fails.
                        Instructions came by email

Comment

• Originally posted by Greeny gtc View Post
                          Instructions came by email

Ah, that's why I didn't get it. Online purchases are made with a temp account that shreds mail after 30 mins. Stops the marketing sh1te...... but looses instructions! [emoji38]

Comment

Ah, that's why I didn't get it. Online purchases are made with a temp account that shreds mail after 30 mins. Stops the marketing sh1te...... but looses instructions! [emoji38]
                            There you go

Comment

Sounds like a banksy picture at an auction!

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
                              Slowly slowly catchy monkey!

Comment

• Originally posted by tommo1366 View Post
                                Sounds like a banksy picture at an auction!

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
                                It's just done silently, timely and its price is negligible but truly satisfying with peace of mind!

Comment

Working...
                                X