No announcement yet.

None Start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That twisted bare wire in the photo is temporary. And should I go back and grab the Peugeot pump?

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
      That twisted bare wire in the photo is temporary. And should I go back and grab the Peugeot pump?
      Depends if it's left or right handed Si but it should have an LDA on it I think?
      You need right handed iirc.

Comment

No diaphragm on the top of it(cause its a none turbo pump???). Pump mounted in the same rotation on the golf. I will swap over and put up for Justin. Its just puzzling why it runs so well retarded.

Comment

No diaphragm on the top of it(cause its a none turbo pump???). Pump mounted in the same rotation on the golf. I will swap over and put up for Justin. Its just puzzling why it runs so well retarded.
          I meant the pug 1.9td Si , I can see the Golf has no LDA!!

Could the old Golf unit be sticking or did you "service" it before fitting?
          Last edited by Activ8; 11 August 2019, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Sorry Rob didn't read your reply properly yes I wondered if it may have that on and I think on the Pug it turns the same way as on the ABL. Not sure about the pulley Think the lock pin is in the same place but i'm sure I've used an 8mm bolt to lock off.

Comment

Or that could be the cam? Me minds going.

Comment

Just threw it on to try Rob. Throttle and idle levers all appear to do what they should.Wondered if the golf none turbo pump was somehow set up more advanced? I'm clueless with this.

Comment

The reserve pump also don't appear to have the pin that everyone shortens or taps back just a bare spot on the casing. It has the one to the left of it.

Comment

Or that could be the cam? Me minds going.
                    Sounds like the Golf unit has a few electrickery bits on board. Any idea which engine it's off as you could be heading back to get that too.....

Comment

Mark 3 1.9d. I had the interior light off it last year. There was a loom to all the wires with a big push and twist multiplug. So is it a sort of half way house between an electronic pump and the old mechanical. Wondering whether to go and have a proper look at whats left on it and grab the pug one while i'm there.
                      Last edited by S49; 11 August 2019, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Ours will be back on the weekend.

Comment

Mark 3 1.9d. I had the interior light off it last year. There was a loom to all the wires with a big push and twist multiplug. So is it a sort of half way house between an electronic pump and the old mechanical. Wondering whether to go and have a proper look at whats left on it and grab the pug one while i'm there.
                          I would. The head at least could be usable but a spare engine would be nice? Have you got the Bosch VE pump manual to x-ref the features fitted?

Comment

The Bosch what? Hell no. Did wonder about the head. They must of moved the car as it wasn't in sight the time before I had a mooch. But its not crushed yet. Trouble is when I start getting keen up there they catch on and the price seems to go up. I worry about parts drying up so try and hoover up what I can. Always happy to move the duplicates on at cost to help other where I can.
                            Last edited by S49; 11 August 2019, 09:06 PM.

Comment

The Bosch what? Hell no. Did wonder about the head. They must of moved the car as it wasn't in sight the time before I had a mooch. But its not crushed yet. Trouble is when I start getting keen up there they catch on and the price seems to go up
                              Easy , tell them either the Golf pumps fubar, or the heads gone any warranty ([emoji6]) so your bringing it back so need the Pug unit to make one good one to try plus the head as backup.... how deep are those pockets in your overalls?

Comment

Just threw it on to try Rob. Throttle and idle levers all appear to do what they should.Wondered if the golf none turbo pump was somehow set up more advanced? I'm clueless with this.
                                No it's not - it should bolt up and run the same as the ABL pump

Peugeot pump wont bolt straight up.

The reserve pump also don't appear to have the pin that everyone shortens or taps back just a bare spot on the casing. It has the one to the left of it.
                                The golf pump doesn't have the limiter pin - and the one in the pump I sent back to you has been modified as has the governor - Like I was going to send you back a stock pump!

Comment

Working...
                                X