My second T4, operation de-chav

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
    You had a spare wastegate that you had hacked into?
    Yes I have one. Cut the top off and changed the spring (I think to 14psi) cannot remember. Need to find it.
    Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
    Had a thought last night - moment of clarity - when you were talking about using an MBC, you meant to have it paralleled with the N75 to create an additional control signal. I was thinking you were trying to use it to modify the boost pressure I'm using to hold the wastegate shut - hence why I couldn't see how it would work.
    Yes both together.
    I need to get a fixed preload on my wastegate because at the moment the turbo cannot make boost properly with a wastegate slightly open, it cannot close that wastegate until it starts to make boost = catch 22.
    Spray some EGR cleaner into the side port to decoke the chamber. I think its just coked up a little and needs to be run. If the pressure from the manifold is equal to the pressure applied to the top port then the pre-load is the spring (10-11psi). The N75 control boost is operating the valve over the preload value. What's needed is a logrun to 1) to check the N75 duty cycle and the pressures at which it has applied control to 2) to check the range of the N75 duty cycle 3) identify areas of the boost that are over target / under target 4) identify improvement in the boost pattern to limit faults and limp mode 5) possibly remap the N75 map to broaden the duty cycle tolerance.
    Meanwhile.....wheels are being collected by courier today and there's a dyno day next Saturday (28th) at a mates garage - planning to go and get some figures.
    Good news about the wheels - your audience awaits. Love your build and the humorous detailed journey you've shared. An RR day will be a good datum point for advancing your project.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
      Yes I have one. Cut the top off and changed the spring (I think to 14psi) cannot remember. Need to find it.

Yes both together.

Spray some EGR cleaner into the side port to decoke the chamber. I think its just coked up a little and needs to be run. If the pressure from the manifold is equal to the pressure applied to the top port then the pre-load is the spring (10-11psi). The N75 control boost is operating the valve over the preload value. What's needed is a logrun to 1) to check the N75 duty cycle and the pressures at which it has applied control to 2) to check the range of the N75 duty cycle 3) identify areas of the boost that are over target / under target 4) identify improvement in the boost pattern to limit faults and limp mode 5) possibly remap the N75 map to broaden the duty cycle tolerance.

Good news about the wheels - your audience awaits. Love your build and the humorous detailed journey you've shared. An RR day will be a good datum point for advancing your project.

Can't wait to see your new wheels Reg

Sent from my vernee_M5 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by rjhoy02 View Post
        Can't wait to see your new wheels Reg

Just between you & I, Reg sent me a preview.... he's erhermmm moving away from the "gay orange" look to something with more character & definition....

Comment

Just between you & I, Reg sent me a preview.... he's erhermmm moving away from the "gay orange" look to something with more character & definition....

So not these then?

Comment

• Lets have less cock and bull stories please

Comment

Obviously not for me but I don't hate them - would look good on sarah's nemo.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjhoy02 View Post
                So not these then?

That's his spare!

Comment

True

Comment

• Made for it.

Comment

True

Very true. What about it Sarah?

Comment

I thought that Reg!!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

• Cartridge received back today. Gave me a chuckle when I proceeded to open it and open it and open it - three levels of improvised cardboard origami. Top marks.

Comment

• No problem!

I did a bit of unwrapping of my own today too...

Shame I didn't have time to wash it.

Bigger shame that they wont fit over my big bakes (when I fit them)

Comment

No problem!

I did a bit of unwrapping of my own today too...

Shame I didn't have time to wash it.

Bigger shame that they wont fit over my big bakes (when I fit them)
                              Now I do like them Reg, when you doing the spokes orange?

Comment

• Everytime I wash ours it needs doing again after going about 100 yards.

Comment

Working...
                                X