No announcement yet.

red rusty bus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love what your doing so far, one thing though, the language says UK but the mods are not UK standard fare, cummins and supercharger are distinctly odd. What country are you from?

Comment

hi i am from the uk wolverhampton , iam just a bit old school, had too many turbo cars and vans and just bored of them and trying something different.
      i want to aim for 40p+psi if the engine lets go its no big deal. i could do it easy with a turbo but its just boring.

Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
      I love what your doing so far, one thing though, the language says UK but the mods are not UK standard fare, cummins and supercharger are distinctly odd. What country are you from?

Comment

Originally posted by qtronix View Post
        hi i am from the uk wolverhampton , iam just a bit old school, had too many turbo cars and vans and just bored of them and trying something different.
        i want to aim for 40p+psi if the engine lets go its no big deal. i could do it easy with a turbo but its just boring.
        Thought the Eaton M62 was limited to 14psi boost , max 14k rpm?

Comment

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
          Thought the Eaton M62 was limited to 14psi boost , max 14k rpm?
          gonna run a bigger one or 2 small ones, i was loading it to 20psi the other day but would need an underdrive pulley then prob death lol.

Comment

gonna run a bigger one or 2 small ones, i was loading it to 20psi the other day but would need an underdrive pulley then prob death lol.
            I've got the compressor maps for Eaton superchargers if it'll help you?

Comment

guy dropped off the inline pump today after waiting 2 days and him not turning up. you guessed it it has a 20mm shaft . so i am on the hunt fot a 20mm taper pulley 44t.
              which was why in the first place i built the ve pump into the 17mm shaft body so i didnt have to mess about.
              i might had to use a 20mm center and have the 44t pulley machined cut and welded to it.

Comment

Use a mk 4 golf boss and pulley.

If you weld pulley to boss, how do you time the pump - I know nowt about inline pumps, do they move on mounts or have another method to time them up?

Comment

Use a mk 4 golf boss and pulley.

If you weld pulley to boss, how do you time the pump - I know nowt about inline pumps, do they move on mounts or have another method to time them up?
                  hi just found out a defender pulley is the one i need. 20mm shaft and 44t. there is a locking pin in the side of the pump for tdc. and slots like on the ve pump but.
                  but i have to make a new bracket as it is 4 holes and needs moving forward a couple of inch.
                  before i can fit it a have to buy all the fitting and oil feed and sort the return out.

Comment

hi just found out a defender pulley is the one i need. 20mm shaft and 44t. there is a locking pin in the side of the pump for tdc. and slots like on the ve pump but.
                    but i have to make a new bracket as it is 4 holes and needs moving forward a couple of inch.
                    before i can fit it a have to buy all the fitting and oil feed and sort the return out.
                    why 44t? does the pump not run at half crank speed like the original then?

Is 44t not standard VW size? Never bothered counting the teeth on the pulleys as they are all the same on VW engines

I guessed there would be a locking feature but if the pulley is fixed to the shaft, there's no way to tweak the timing unless the pump rotates on the bracket?

Comment

Reads like qtronix is going down a "common rail" injection route with injector timing????

Comment

why 44t? does the pump not run at half crank speed like the original then?

Is 44t not standard VW size? Never bothered counting the teeth on the pulleys as they are all the same on VW engines

I guessed there would be a locking feature but if the pulley is fixed to the shaft, there's no way to tweak the timing unless the pump rotates on the bracket?
                        yeah there is slots on the pump to tweak the timing but 4 so i have to make a new bracket.

Comment

yeah quoted wrong post lol

Comment

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                            Reads like qtronix is going down a "common rail" injection route with injector timing????
                            its a mechanical inline pump, no ecu

Comment

I don't get why you'd go inline pump over a rotary? I thought that the rotary was a much better option for power, revs and efficiency??

Comment

just thought i would put it here for people looking for a cheap pump upgrade,
                                i was given an fuel pump off a Kia Sedona 2.9 its a 11mm pump with lda 20mm shaft. the boost pin looks like the modded ones you can buy with steep ramp angle.
                                0460414139 VE4/11F2000R624-3
                                didn't even think of looking into thses cars for pumps lol.
                                Last edited by qtronix; 27 July 2019, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X