My second T4, operation de-chav

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
    Really??? Based on that last logrun you posted you didn't even make 1 bar of boost not even at 4k.... must be running flat as a witches tit?

I think the lack of boost is waiting for an modded actuator or someone to add some 'preload' into the N75 map

Nope - far from it, I'll bet that the top end figures aren't there but low down in the revs there's a stronger power and torque - meaning it's more driveable 2 - 2.5k which is 60 - 75 and ideal for a back road, especially when you know the road.

And without all that boost at high revs, there's no reason to thrash it. Short shift and don't brake for corners

Still limping on light throttle and the smoke map needs sorting........
    Last edited by regcheeseman; 8 October 2018, 10:08 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
      I think the lack of boost is waiting for an modded actuator or someone to add some 'preload' into the N75 map

Nope - far from it, I'll bet that the top end figures aren't there but low down in the revs there's a stronger power and torque - meaning it's more driveable 2 - 2.5k which is 60 - 75 and ideal for a back road, especially when you know the road.

And without all that boost at high revs, there's no reason to thrash it. Short shift and don't brake for corners

Still limping on light throttle and the smoke map needs sorting........
      Yep its down to me... [emoji53]

You're right it is about knowledge and driver skill too.

A quick look over your logrun (after waiting 8 months, its been really useful by the way) @ 2000- 2300rpm you only made a rising half a bar of boost (162-540mbar (4psi?)) it's not the smoke map mate its not having ANY boosted airmass!

Last edited by Activ8; 8 October 2018, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Yep its down to me... [emoji53]

You're right it is about knowledge and driver skill too.

A quick look over your logrun (after waiting 8 months, its been really useful by the way) @ 2000- 2300rpm you only made a rising half a bar of boost (162-540mbar (4psi?)) it's not the smoke map mate its not having ANY boosted airmass!
        Yep the turbo is toast, BUT the smoke map is there to limit the fuel based on the air available - or that is my understanding.....???

Therefore despite what wish and torque maps might want to tell the fuel map the smoke map should see that there is no air and limit the fuel and thus pump voltage???

Comment

Yep the turbo is toast, BUT the smoke map is there to limit the fuel based on the air available - or that is my understanding.....???

Therefore despite what wish and torque maps might want to tell the fuel map the smoke map should see that there is no air and limit the fuel and thus pump voltage???
          The smoke map is working fine. You can see it working correctly in the image of the logrun you posted. [emoji38]

If you want a different AFR in the smoke map let me know the rollin coal ratio you'd like to try..... [emoji847][emoji9]
          Extracts from "Friend Like Me"

I got a powerful urge to help you out
          So what-cha wish? I really wanna know
          You got a list that's three miles long, no doubt
          Well, all you gotta do is rub like so - and oh....

Mister Reggie, sir, have a wish or two or three
          I'm on the job, you big nabob...

Have some of column "A"
          Try all of column "B"
          I'm in the mood to help you dude
          You ain't never had a friend like me

Can your friends do this?
          Do your friends do that?
          Do your friends pull this out their little hat?
          Can your friends go, poof?
          Well, looky here
          Can your friends go, Abracadabra, let 'er rip
          And then make the sucker disappear?

Last edited by Activ8; 8 October 2018, 12:46 PM.

Comment

• The smoke map is doing something but I'm still getting smoke.

Don't go saying that's because I've not got the air there, that much I know and we'll go in circles here!

Comment

• The smoke map is doing something but I'm still getting smoke.

Don't go saying that's because I've not got the air there, that much I know and we'll go in circles here!

Comment

The smoke map is doing something but I'm still getting smoke.

Ive packaged the actuator up so should make the PO today - youll enjoy receiving this package! [emoji38]

I forgot you're going green - Is the engine at temp when you're rollin coal....

Comment

• Actuator posted today. [emoji38]

Comment

• Reg,
                    have you got a drawn exhaust manifold flange in a vector file format ? (DXF, DWG, AI, EPS)?
                    Unsure whether you've got this far? Or can I buy a flange from you?

Clutch has started to slip.... [emoji17]

Comment

• Sent.....I'd test print first.

I could get a price for a couple?

Comment

Sent.....I'd test print first.

I could get a price for a couple?
                        Cheers.
                        Does this look right?

If you've got time to get a price I'll do the same. I'm still "trying" to learn LibreCAD.

FZR turn up OK?

Last edited by Activ8; 27 October 2018, 12:11 AM.

Comment

• Nope that's wrong - you want the five pot manifold flange I'm guessing.

Comment

Nope that's wrong - you want the five pot manifold flange I'm guessing.
                            Thought so but thought it could be a Cheesemeister cunning plan ... yep the 5 pot flange.

Comment

• Did you locate a source for "ARP" head bolts (M12 115mm)? If not look at the Wuerth.de site (UK not shown) as they sell a pack of 50x M12x115 12.9's but you still need to cut the head washers off but might be more economical than ARP's . I paid £15 for a pack of 10 ELRING M12x166mm Golf ARL bolts. (2 packs required)

Comment

Did you locate a source for "ARP" head bolts (M12 115mm)? If not look at the Wuerth.de site (UK not shown) as they sell a pack of 50x M12x115 12.9's but you still need to cut the head washers off but might be more economical than ARP's . I paid £15 for a pack of 10 ELRING M12x166mm Golf ARL bolts. (2 packs required)
                                I'm tempted to go for some Unbrako 12.9s - they wont be TTY and therefore re-usable. Have to buy in large(ish) quantities though (MOQ 50 - 100)

I've got the flange drawn for the 2256 mount and working on an exhaust flange for the same.

The 2.5 and gearbox are getting to a position of being brought together - just getting some plate and a large billet to fix crank to gearbox input shaft and avoid the possibility of clutch misalignment. Then I can make up a plate.

Comment

Working...
                                X