X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice one... And an update too! 👍

Sent from my B3-A30 using Just T4s
    '00 1.9TDI LWB, '87 Mk2 Golf 16v

Wheel or tyre question? Just ask, it's what i do!

Comment

Originally posted by Davieb View Post
      Well done guys
      I started her up at work ( same problem ) unplugged the MAF and hey presto, off she went like a greased pig at a redneck rodeo

Thanks for the advice
      Think it's good now? Get it fixed and it'll be even better.

Comment

Spoke to a mechanic mate of mine....told him you guys pinned the problem..... He said....aye thought thats what it would be..... Asshole.....lol

Comment

Hi guys, I have removed mine and is running much better. Will I do damage if I leave unplugged??

Sent from my iPad using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Sash View Post
            Hi guys, I have removed mine and is running much better. Will I do damage if I leave unplugged??

Fuel consumption may suffer, performance may suffer as it gets warmer... Just thinking out loud... [emoji854]

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Just T4s
            '00 1.9TDI LWB, '87 Mk2 Golf 16v

Wheel or tyre question? Just ask, it's what i do!

Comment

No. It'll run at about 60% of its capability. Mapped it's often not a problem just reverts to standard - flat and dull , otherwise, standard minus 40% = [emoji25][emoji25][emoji25][emoji25]

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

Is there not a chance it'll soot up the injectors not running at optimum?

Mine had a duff maf for at least 12 months prior to my ownership.

Comment

Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                  Is there not a chance it'll soot up the injectors not running at optimum?

Mine had a duff maf for at least 12 months prior to my ownership.
                  Standard map has an AFR of 16:1 to 21:1 , then remove the EGR fueling and it becomes even weaker. The ECU will still only mix fuel to match the replaced MAF value.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

Heather light flashing constantly on my 03 T4 2.5. Looses power on motorway. Help please

Comment

Going into limp mode. Activ will be by soon. Sounds daft but just check the brake light are working, that can throw the glow plug light on but not sure if it will make it go into limp mode.

Comment

Heather light flashing constantly on my 03 T4 2.5. Looses power on motorway. Help please

Check for air leaks ... any strangers noises ?
                        Clean maf , even disconnect and see what happens ..

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

I'm here (been doing van things - pic to follow) what's up.... if you're in limp mode (limited boost and revs max 3k) you need to pull over and take stock with the engine running. Assuming all was well b4 you started the journey, make a few mental notes after checking the basics , air to turbo, boosted air to manifold, water temp, oil temp, belts for timing - all these will throw the van into limp mode. Rectify if you can. If you're happy turn off, wait a couple of minutes and restart. Next drive to another stop (if there is one, remember might be safer to stay put if you have the kids aboard etc? & call "RAC") but max 3k revs to see if it reoccurrs. 3k is 2/3rd max on a T4 so it'll get you home with a little more gear changing perhaps? Hope that helps.

Comment

Thanks, light is flashing again [emoji35]

Comment

Working...
                            X