No announcement yet.

Custard cream build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have also got rid of the old unit and got my self a new one, very happy with it the tambour doors are great as you don't waste any space. Although it is smaller we have still managed to get everything in there.
    Out with the old

And in with the new

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

Looks tidy, those doors are great, I didn't box off the snail shell on mine and a pan fell into it and jammed it [emoji23] bet it feels spacious in there now.

Comment

Originally posted by ricrhys View Post
        Looks tidy, those doors are great, I didn't box off the snail shell on mine and a pan fell into it and jammed it [emoji23] bet it feels spacious in there now.

Yer there is loads more room now, I need to get a swivel base for the front seats now.

Comment

I haven’t added anything to this build thread in a while so thought I would now. As we are off the bug jam in a few week I thought I would try and sort a few bits on the van. Before I went up to London on Wednesday I set about getting to the coolant sensors to make sure I ordered every thing I needed. First job was to remove the front panel and grill and pull the rad forward into the service position. As I haven’t got the correct tool for removing the front panel I had to improvise with a compass of all things, it actually worked real good, that’s staying in the tool box.

Next job was to locate the two sensors which are on the left hand side near injector 2. The top one has two spring clips which you simply squeeze to release the connector. The bottom one had me stumped for a bit, I couldn’t seem to release the connector but eventually I realised there is a spring clip which you need to pull as well as pulling the connector.

Comment

I ordered all the parts from just kampers which I got for £20 all in which isn’t bad at all.

Comment

As I was under the bonnet I decided to fit a blank plate and gasket to the egr which I have had lying around for ages. One day I might get round to actually cleaning the whole lot.

Comment

Some of those connectors can be a swine. Think with some you need to push in, hold in press the tab and pull and Roberts your mothers brother.

Comment

Good work mate. Keeping on top of things

Comment

Got home from the big smoke this evening and straight away got cracking on the van, to my girlfriends delight- not. I wanted to make a start o the rusty front arch so will continue with the temp sensors tomorrow. The rust isn’t too bad but can’t afford to cut and replace at the mo so gunna diy for now and see how I go. Armed with a grinder, some flap disks and a knot wheel away I went.

I’m no professional but if at least I can stop it for another year that is good enough for me. I then treated it with bilt hamber hydrate and let it dry for the night. More update tomorrow.

Comment

Looks like you got to it in the nick of time Chally. You can keep it going for years with little localized repairs. nice one.

Comment

Bit more prep work last night and this morning, might even start putting top coat on this evening.

Comment

Looking good

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by daleydub View Post
                            Looking good

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Just T4s
                            It is isn't it. Nice feeling when its done your selve.

Comment

It’s not bad, a couple of imperfections if you look closely. I put the top coat on this evening which hasn’t gone as well, I will flat it done with some 2500 tomorrow before I start the clear coat. It certainly looks better than what was there before.

Comment

Great work mate. Always good to have a go

Comment

Working...
                                X