No announcement yet.

Custard cream build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To insure that the rivnut is 100% water tight I have ordered some rivnuts which have a seal built under the lip which will compress when installed. I will then fill the gutter with water to test this

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

• You'll be using blind rivnuts?

Not trusting rivnuts, I went for simple plain holes and a nut and bolt. The rhino/witter rack brackets have a rubber seal. I put a splodge or tiger seal in.

Three years in and no leaks yet

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
        You'll be using blind rivnuts?

Not trusting rivnuts, I went for simple plain holes and a nut and bolt. The rhino/witter rack brackets have a rubber seal. I put a splodge or tiger seal in.

Three years in and no leaks yet
        Got any pics reg? My thoughts behind blind rather than open is less chance of a leak with a bolt in. Even with a rubber washer there is still a chance water might find its way through for example if the bolt was over tightened and the washer distorts.

Comment

• It seems I’ve overlooked the depth protruding into the van. The rivnut will sit lower than the roof lining oops. I don’t suppose anyone can get a pic of a t5,s fixing from Thule inside of the van. Unless I can find a shorter blind rivnut I might have to use a nut instead.

Comment

• But at least your experimenting on a roof section and not a roof mate.And its helping others on here with similar ideas.

Comment

• But ones crimped it's almost flat

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by Hans View Post
                But ones crimped it's almost flat

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s
                The one in the pic is crimped. The crimp section of the rivnut is only about 8mm of the length of the shaft.

Comment

• Nice camp out with the fam on the weekend 1st one this year can’t wait to go away again.

Comment

• Where it you go?

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                      Where it you go?
                      This is some land owned by the family, it’s usually rented out but not at the moment so we thought we would make the most of it.

Comment

• Often thought of a camp meet on the ole chaps front field but he has them queuing up for the grass keep. If it was mine it would be a free stop over for Just T4 members.

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                          Often thought of a camp meet on the ole chaps front field but he has them queuing up for the grass keep. If it was mine it would be a free stop over for Just T4 members.
                          With running water, free logs & an honesty box for the Westons tap eh Si?

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

• Theres a stream and you could shit in the ditch.

Comment

Working...
                            X