Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
    Beerhead?

Sounds like two components for a good night.
    It was only a matter of time... [emoji1751]

Carpark is very busy on a summer's evening mind you! [emoji41]

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Just T4s
    '00 1.9TDI LWB, '87 Mk2 Golf 16v

Wheel or tyre question? Just ask, it's what i do!

Comment

• When is it going to stop raining!

Comment

• Urgh yeah tell me about it. Next week it so looks good though.

Comment

• Charmouth Beach.

Comment

• Okay - well the van hasn't seen much use lately, having the TT to run around in means it's done less miles up till this point. But the TT failed it's MOT, rack and CV boots, leaking steering component, so the van has been called back into action. Cue the list of current faults;
            Alternator chirping.
            Power steering going stiff.
            Knocking from the NSF.

Suspecting that the PAS pump was seizing, I pulled the pulley to check it - nope, spins nicely, no play. Okay, drained the fluid, refreshed it, retensioned the bet and it feels like new again.

Alternator is getting worse, so going to change the bearings - not paying £80+ for a few quids worth of races. Playing around with a spare one at the moment... Anyone got a 24mm socket with spanner flats?

Knocking? That'll be the top and bottom ball joints again no doubt - think there will be a how to coming up!

Comment

• Originally posted by Adventure Van View Post
              Charmouth Beach.

Didn’t realise you could actually get on the beach at Charmouth with a vehicle mate?

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
              Slowly slowly catchy monkey!

Comment

• Technically it's the overflow to the council car park... Go past the first car park (the one on the left that goes down the slope to the bridge), take the next left into the small car park, and go through that into the overflow section. You'll probably need to stake your place early during peak season/school hols as I expect it gets super busy. You'll still have to walk over the bridge to get to the better beach - but if you just want to throw stones in the sea, and then sit in the warm of the van after to drink coffee it's ideal.

Just mapped it - it's called the foreshore car park, and the reason you can't park where I am in the summer is because there's beach huts there...
                Last edited by Adventure Van; 29 December 2019, 10:00 PM.

Comment

• Ah nice one. Might pop up there tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
                  Slowly slowly catchy monkey!

Comment

• Can't believe I've not updated this since December!

Right now redoing door cards, and trimming up the A pillar plastics - cause I fancied a change.

Comment

• Previously...

Fitted an oil catch can, and redid the breather hose to air inlet set up. Was never happy with it after doing the TDI swap. Oil getting into the intercooler was frustrating me, especially with oil unfriendly silicone boost pipes. Didn't take any pictures, sorry. Oh, and tried to sort a leaking oil filter housing gasket - not sure a gasket swap and clean up has sorted it though.

Oh, and it's MOT time again soon.

Last edited by Adventure Van; 12 July 2020, 08:17 AM.

Comment

• They don't all have that black vent in the door trim do they? Thought that was an earlier thing,our 96 petrol has them and the 98 TD doesn't.I'll get me anorak.

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                          They don't all have that black vent in the door trim do they? Thought that was an earlier thing,our 96 petrol has them and the 98 TD doesn't.I'll get me anorak.
                          Not sure... Only ever studied ours in detail. Presumed it was an air pressure vent thing for when you slam the door - ours had a full bulkhead, does that make the difference in the spec?

Comment

• Not sure, Jez had a full bulkhead in his, its in my shed now. Wonder if his has the vents, oh hang on a minute the doka has them too.

Comment

• Well it passed!

No advisories, except a passing 'verbal' about the rear springs are corroded... Was thinking maybe a winter strip down and sand blast/powdercoat parts with some new bushes while I'm there. We'll see...

For now I've just finished trimming the A pillar plastics, and redoing the door pockets and handle covers - I'll grab some pics and put them up. Not sure what to do with the handles, cover them, paint them, change them?

Oh, and it survived another 500 mile round trip to see folks back in the shire - with some spirited motorway speeds, and some A roads on the way home.
                              Last edited by Adventure Van; 20 July 2020, 07:56 PM.

Comment

• Nice one bud!! Always a good feeling.

My next project on the 3d printer is to print something that vaguely resembles the door handles.

I want to have handles where the paint doesn't chip off as the plastic flexes and inevitably gets hit by stuff.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Just T4s

Comment

Working...
                                X