2.5tdi 888

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
    Those are good figures from standyne injectors - well done!

I like your minimal camping setup, I'm considering ripping all my furniture out and doing similar with mine.
    Thanks, full width bed came with the van so I'm just making the most of what I have. couple of other bits to do as you loose so much storage with a full width bed.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by jones7777 View Post
      Are the l200 intercoolers better than the standard 102 set up? And can 102 injectors be fitted to an 88 without it being mapped?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Just T4s
      Not sure about better, but cheaper and just as easy to bolt in.

You can do anything to a can without it being mapped. However it will run rough as the ecu thinks it still has the old ones in

Comment

Originally posted by Bluefrog View Post
        Not sure about better, but cheaper and just as easy to bolt in.

You can do anything to a can without it being mapped. However it will run rough as the ecu thinks it still has the old ones in

Thanks [emoji106]

Comment

Love the van and what you have done. I too have 888 special 2003 140k 2.5tdi and at the moment configuring the inside like you. I'm putting in a bench seat that folds flat for bed on it but also like you I'm boxing in the kitchen area at the back to cook under tailgate. Any tips would be welcome.

Sent from my D6503 using Just T4s

Comment

Love this van and a great build thread. Is the cooker from a trailer tent ?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Just T4s
            dyslexics are teople poo

Comment

Originally posted by kaz View Post
              Love this van and a great build thread. Is the cooker from a trailer tent ?

Yes it's is... cut down of course as it wouldn't fit

Comment

Thought so been looking for one for our van hard to find

dyslexics are teople poo

Comment

Originally posted by 888_special View Post
                  Love the van and what you have done. I too have 888 special 2003 140k 2.5tdi and at the moment configuring the inside like you. I'm putting in a bench seat that folds flat for bed on it but also like you I'm boxing in the kitchen area at the back to cook under tailgate. Any tips would be welcome.

Thanks...

If your doing similar, then have a look at the multivan set up. The seat / bed pulls forward and has a shelf behind to make up. You could put the kitchen under that shelf.

Also look at getting some sides for the tailgate to give some wind protection when cooking. Mine sits in 400mm and was still affected by wind

Comment

Are the l200 intercoolers better than the standard 102 set up? And can 102 injectors be fitted to an 88 without it being mapped?

Don't know about better but works out cheaper... I paid 150 for mine with all the pipe work and brackets... oh and an allard pipe which is 65 notes on its own.

If you fit 102 injectors you will need a remap as the ecu won't know the difference till its told.

I wouldn't our second hand injectors in either as they have a life expectancy and your not going to have much time out of them before they need replacing.

Comment

Don't know about better but works out cheaper... I paid 150 for mine with all the pipe work and brackets... oh and an allard pipe which is 65 notes on its own.

If you fit 102 injectors you will need a remap as the ecu won't know the difference till its told.

I wouldn't our second hand injectors in either as they have a life expectancy and your not going to have much time out of them before they need replacing.

I already have a allard pipe fitted, so hopefully might get it cheaper again, so will the l200 fit directly or will u have to mod anything? And would the van be ok to drive with the 102 injectors till it got mapped or would it have to be done straight away? Thanks for the advice [emoji106]

Comment

I already have a allard pipe fitted, so hopefully might get it cheaper again, so will the l200 fit directly or will u have to mod anything? And would the van be ok to drive with the 102 injectors till it got mapped or would it have to be done straight away? Thanks for the advice [emoji106]

With the brackets for the correct motor (long/Short nose - they are different) it will bolt on normal.

The pipe work will need a modification, most removing and replacing with pipe. One piece will need cutting I know if you have a long nose (not sure about the short).

If you have a long nose then I can take pictures / let you know where to cut.

Van would be OK to drive with 102 injectors in but will run like a bag of shit till it's remapped.

Remember if you put second hand injectors in and they fail you will need to get it remapped all over again when new injectors are installed even if they are the same 102 injectors

Comment

I've checked online the price difference between the 102 inter and the l200 is massive, I understand what you mean about the injectors, it's a risk buying second hand but there so expensive new! Wouldn't wanna be mapping twice though. Thanks for the info

Comment

You'll need to turn the IQ down at the very least, maybe even hammer mod the pump.

I bought volvo injectors for £80 about 12 months ago, then shelved them - was stripping them last night to fit new nozzles (not that they actually need them it transpires) so hopefully they'll be ready to fit soon - unless I get distracted again and shelve them for another 12 months.

Comment

2.5tdi 88bhp standard injectors
                              Egr delete
                              Allard pipe
                              L200 intercooler
                              K&N filter
                              SS decat straight through
                              Remapped

Must have a good engine. .. history says she has been looked after and continues to be treated well in my possession

Hi Bluefrog
                              I'm intrigued by this.
                              My van has 2.5tdi 88bhp standard injectors, intercooler off a 102bhp model and a decat straight through side exit exhaust. If I have a remap can that improve power? Pulls like a train anyway but interested.
                              Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by 888_special View Post
                                Hi Bluefrog
                                I'm intrigued by this.
                                My van has 2.5tdi 88bhp standard injectors, intercooler off a 102bhp model and a decat straight through side exit exhaust. If I have a remap can that improve power? Pulls like a train anyway but interested.
                                Cheers

Yes will improve power and fuel economy.

Basically your ecu currently thinks it's still running the same as standard even though you have changed a number of things.

Going for a remap to tell the ecu... I've been playing with a few things will improve the power distribution as well as fuel economy.

My fuel economy has increased to 100-175 miles per tank and bucket loads more power over standard.

Remember though I have a 3 map setting box which gives me the original map 88bhp, economical power 122bhp and raw power 137bhp. Also it's a little more than your standard map. However fuel savings means it will pay for itself within 9-10 months.

Fuel figures are based on the economical power one which is what I have on 99% of the time.

If your in the Midlands or willing to travel to Staffordshire I would recommend my guy Luke Hutsby @ MPG Remaps

Comment

Working...
                                X