Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post
    Send me the ram Si , I can repair it for you
    Its looks like a cheap sealed thing Kev. I'll build the van up peace meal so its light enough to manage on the Sealy "alloy" jack(and thats another story hunk a shit) but i've no time scale.

Comment

• I must be going soft using a ratchet ring spanner, to my mind their a "dads" Sunday morning tool.Skill factor zero but Molly bought em from Aldi so i'd best not let em seize up.

Comment

• This is all Tommyp's fault him and his engine threads.

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
          This is all Tommyp's fault him and his engine threads.
          Fault Si?
          I'd call it inspired!
          The World needs more, the forum needs more!

PS -as you are too Si. ;-)

Sent from my SM-G988B using Just T4s

Last edited by Activ8; 28 December 2021, 08:31 PM.

Comment

• Inspired? Tired more like. An hour after i've finished i always feel like i should have done more. Think i set myself too big a target. If its wet tomorrow i'll settle for washing the engine bay off but hope to do more. At least d-9 was right and it bolts straight in and the holes are there for all the ABL stuff to bolt to so its going to plan.Trouble is i'll need one for the truck now as i think a VR6 will be just too much of a pain.Really warmed to the AEB as i dont have to depend on anyone else for TIG welding and the like.

Comment

• Si. I said. We had one in the yard a few weeks ago. Think it's gone now

Comment

Inspired? Tired more like. An hour after i've finished i always feel like i should have done more.
                I always feel like that

Comment

• I'm having the best xmas holiday ever. Now what i thought was 24 years of dirt and grime appears to be some sort of wax.The chassis rails are full of it to. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4934.JPG
Views:	216
Size:	682.1 KB
ID:	336444Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4936.JPG
Views:	207
Size:	792.6 KB
ID:	336445

Comment

• The story has now crossed over to the Transplant thread. All the usual woes and rubbish will continue here when the motors running.

Comment

This is all Tommyp's fault him and his engine threads.
                      I should really warn people against reading my shit. Got to do the golf one soon. Tempted to just turbo it now.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
                      #vanlife

Comment

• One for Jim. While i was welding on the intercooler brackets i found a bit of grot in the cross member.... Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN5015.JPG
Views:	152
Size:	740.6 KB
ID:	340720Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN5017.JPG
Views:	152
Size:	643.0 KB
ID:	340721Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN5018.JPG
Views:	149
Size:	655.4 KB
ID:	340722

Comment

Now what i thought was 24 years of dirt and grime appears to be some sort of wax.The chassis rails are full of it to.
                          I had the same covering the tops of the wheel arches where the air filter box sits, but not found in the chassis rails. I thought it was thick crud too. Good for making emergency outdoor candles then Si?

Your cross-member looks in much better nick than mine was - don't forget to put in some drain holes

Comment

• i was going to mention i put in a line of drain hole just for you Jim.

Comment

i was going to mention i put in a line of drain hole just for you Jim.
                              It's now mandatory Si - share the love

Comment

• It been five years and ever since it's had a hole in right headlight Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20220603_170352.jpg Views:	0 Size:	720.6 KB ID:	342677
                                Last edited by S49; 3 June 2022, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X