• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi. Guys. Yeah seen this one

Comment

• Originally posted by huskyman View Post
      Hi. Guys. Yeah seen this one
      Don't you just love the Summer! A pint with a couple of mates.

Comment

• Yeah if we are allowed. Go fishing for the weekend with beers

Comment

• Strangely that photo came up this evening on a much more interesting facebook site a erm friend of mine subscribes to.

Comment

• Originally posted by huskyman View Post
            Hi Tommy I have a capri. Pinto engine still with points. So simple even you could do them. But not on mine
            I doubt I could lol

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
            #vanlife

Comment

• Sort a 2 steps forward one back today. Done the tracking ran it out to the filling station by the Salway Arms on the A49, of course with it having no tax or test it was on a private section of the A456 got back and was going to check it over for test and found the oil pressure switch on the cylinder head had decided to spunk its oil. What a fecking mess so that was that for today.

Comment

• Pictures from last week. Mot prep on a strumpets Corrado tomorrow. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4321.JPG
Views:	217
Size:	732.8 KB
ID:	320831Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4322.JPG
Views:	219
Size:	742.3 KB
ID:	320832

Comment

• What tracking gauges are they? I always eyeball it and get a garage to set it with the laser string, a set of gauges would be a good investment

Comment

• Originally posted by d-9 View Post
                    What tracking gauges are they? I always eyeball it and get a garage to set it with the laser string, a set of gauges would be a good investment
                    Dunlop tracking gauges. We still use them on the buses lol

Sent from my SM-A202F using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by d-9 View Post
                      What tracking gauges are they? I always eyeball it and get a garage to set it with the laser string, a set of gauges would be a good investment
                      Dunlop gauges, old as the hills all the part still for sale. Its all you need.

Comment

• Having loaned its starter to the doka and Mol's blue bus its now back in its rightful place. After being stood since August it will be interesting to see what the MOT test trows up tomorrow. Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN4364.JPG Views:	0 Size:	755.7 KB ID:	322961
                        Last edited by S49; 5 April 2021, 07:18 PM.

Comment

• Well after being off the road since August S49 failed its test with flying colours. What sort a twat forgets to replace a broken wing mirror? They advised two tyres, i couldnt be buggered to swap some good ones off the Doka.Slight play in the left front wheel bearing, dont know how i missed that. A brake pipe starting to rust,no grease on it mind And two "worn" rear coil springs which is code for my cheap fleabay coil bound lowering springs.

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                            A brake pipe starting to rust,no grease on it mind
                            Cheers Si

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                              Having loaned its starter to the doka and Mol's blue bus its now back in its rightful place. After being stood since August it will be interesting to see what the MOT test trows up tomorrow. Click image for larger version Name:	DSCN4364.JPG Views:	0 Size:	755.7 KB ID:	322961
                              I'm intrigued Si - how do you get your van onto those car ramps?

When I tried to mount mine, rather than driving up the ramps, the wheels just pushed the ramps forward along the ground. The only way I can stop this from happening is by blocking the other side of the ramps with some sturdy timber wedged in front of them, but this requires something solid for the timber in turn to butt up against, which on my drive remains problematic.

The only way I've managed to do it is by jacking up the wheels sufficiently high enough to be able to slide the ramps underneath - this means doing it in two stages as I'm limited by my trolley jack's lift height.

Do you have an easier solution?

Comment

• Hi Jim, i just wedge the ramps against the wheels then drive gently on with a bit of clutch feathering. I'd advise putting a block of wood on either side of the wheels on the ground as you dont want it rolling off once your on.I find them great for oil changes or in this case replacing the horn,starter and refitting the belly pan.Just got to drop it by the test station once the looking glass is replaced, must say i enjoyed my blast back down the Ludlow by pass on the way home i forgot how well the ole thing pulls on Regs rebuilt injection pump, And i never touched the fuel for the test and it still passed.
                                Last edited by S49; 7 April 2021, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X