No announcement yet.

Old Hat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes Kev, it must be Westons time judging by the shake on the last 2 pictures.

Comment

• Got proper “vice envy” That’s a real mans vice right there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eagles02 View Post
        Got proper “vice envy” That’s a real mans vice right there.
        Cheers, proper welding bench as well you can hardly move it. Gearbox in this morning. Must remember next time you need the motor as low as possible, shafts trumpet and tracking next week then its back to the doka.

Comment

• Came back from are Amy's all fired up to pile some more parts on the ole tub but after doing the tyres and levels on the 3 we have on the road and with the cold it was back in doors and that was that. Another weekend with no progress.

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
            Another weekend with no progress.
            I know that feeling .

Comment

• Theres always a bit of a lull this time a year. Dont mind the cold as a rule but it needs to be dry.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4226.JPG
Views:	217
Size:	876.5 KB
ID:	314698 Gearbox rear mount on,left shaft on,linkage refitted. I was too idle to swap the starters back so S49 has the doka starter. Theres always lots of cross pollenation on are vans hope none of then have covid or aids, if one has em they all will. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4223.JPG
Views:	224
Size:	693.0 KB
ID:	314697

Comment

• Box trumpet on,shaft on,shockers on just those daft exhaust front pipe clips and do the tracking next weekend. Will make a wedge up in the week to spread the spring steel clamps. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4231.JPG
Views:	213
Size:	677.5 KB
ID:	314774Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4228.JPG
Views:	217
Size:	685.5 KB
ID:	314775

Comment

• Si. You can use an old exhaust clamp. By turning the bottom of it upside down an wi nding out. They are a rubbish design. And a nightmare. Might. Be easier on the 1.9. 2.4. Got no room. I bet it takes you over an hour to do them

Comment

• I did buy a Laser tool to do it and it bust first time i used it. I made a wedge as per the Haynes and it worked a treat but i cant find it. Will make another.

Comment

• No pictures but the exhausts back on, made a wedge to open those daft spring clips but it still took 17 stone of yokel with a vice grip attached to a hook to pull the things up and on.

Comment

• Having changed the dokas starter solenoid yet again got it on S49 and it actually spins over.Suspect i my have an slight air leak as boy did it take some spinning over to fire up. Its been in bits since the end of August but with a good battery and starter i see no reason why it didnt fire straight up. Got the track rods evened up the wheels facing somewhere near straight ahead. Will drop the Dunlop gauges on it tomorrow and set it properly. Be interesting to see how it starts in the morning. Clutch feels nice and light so i got that bit right and its holding PAS fluid now to. Then its check over for test ,a fecking good clean and away to go.
                          Last edited by S49; 6 February 2021, 01:03 PM.

Comment

• Si. Glad to see you have made progress. I hope the road test goes okay

Comment

• Oh. Si Not seen them gauges for years. I used those in the late 80s when I was tyre fitting. Are we getting old. Bearing in mind we are the same age

Comment

• I suspect we are mate. Always found the Dunlop gauge the best and simplest.

Comment

Working...
                                X