X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jim24 View Post

Brickwerks have some Febi ones in stock:

https://www.brickwerks.co.uk/catalog...switch&x=0&y=0

so they must surely be generally available elsewhere as well?
    OK so which on would the abl one be? Red blue black white or does it matter? Or is it replace like for like?

Sent from my SM-G981B using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by Greeny gtc View Post
      OK so which on would the abl one be? Red blue black white or does it matter? Or is it replace like for like?

It needs to be the correct one, so first I would check what the Parts List says, and compare that with what your van is currently sporting

https://volkswagen.7zap.com/en/rdw/transporter/tr/

If they are different, I'd stick with the Parts List, but you could get confirmation from the supplier if you feel uneasy with this?

Comment

• Yeah thought it would be the case, why are these things never simple

Comment

• So have had a little mess about and as it would be it's the brown expensive one. Luckily there is a tps not millions of miles from me so she will be getting one if those

Comment

So have had a little mess about and as it would be it's the brown expensive one. Luckily there is a tps not millions of miles from me so she will be getting one if those

It would be useful to know whether TPS can still supply the genuine article, or if they instead offer you an alternative, what that Brand turns out to be?

Comment

• As soon as they are open I am going to ask the question. They did want part numbers but without removing it I can't see one. I can't remove it as that renders her immobile

Comment

• See the Parts List?

Comment

• The bricworx one have about 5 part numbers....
                  Tps won't even talk to me about part numbers or anything as "not a trade customer"

Comment

• Is this still about oil pressure sender? TPS told me in 2019 that they no longer do them for the ABL.

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                      Is this still about oil pressure sender? TPS told me in 2019 that they no longer do them for the ABL.
                      Yeah,
                      Big red got one, not too long ago, but to not even look due to me not being a trade customer is poor really
                      The guy behind the counter actually said to go get a mechanic to do ot for me
                      Wtf
                      I have been working on cars for over 30 years,,,, I think I can manage a sender unit!!!!
                      Ignorant t w a t

Comment

• The point is TPS is supposed to be for folk in "trade", ie working full time in it or for a firm that does. They want none trade folk to go through their normal parts department and accordingly pay more. It sucks i know but there is a parts supplier by me that sells to the public with the same discount as i'd get trade. I used to get so pissed off with folk quoting me their price when asking me to price a job. Every part i bought had to go out with a bit put on for me, I'm not a builder so why should i get lots knocked off at a builders merchant?
                        Last edited by S49; 23 May 2022, 10:10 PM.

Comment

• What we need is an electrical boffin (Reg,DD) to come up with a way to by pass the over complicated system on the ABL.All you need is a light that goes out when the pressure comes up and not the fecking stupid two switch effort that goes bleep bleep bleep.Mine hasent been right since the switch spunked the oil in 2019.
                          Last edited by S49; 23 May 2022, 10:09 PM.

Comment

The bricworx one have about 5 part numbers....
                            Tps won't even talk to me about part numbers or anything as "not a trade customer"

Find your Part No here:

https://volkswagen.7zap.com/en/rdw/transporter/tr/

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                              The point is TPS is supposed to be for folk in "trade", ie working full time in it or for a firm that does. They want none trade folk to go through their normal parts department and accordingly pay more. It sucks i know but there is a parts supplier by me that sells to the public with the same discount as i'd get trade. I used to get so pissed off with folk quoting me their price when asking me to price a job. Every part i bought had to go out with a bit put on for me, I'm not a builder so why should i get lots knocked off at a builders merchant?
                              See the place in bangor didn't care about trade or hobby etc but oldham was just ignorant....
                              Will order one and fit on my days off this week

Comment

• OK so replaced the sender with a part from vw heritage meyale part with not as cheap as it could have been but arrived within 24 hours if ordering.
                                Driving back to Manchester shortly so will see if its a fix.
                                On another positive I think that the sender was my oil leak.......

Fingers crossed

Comment

Working...
                                X