No announcement yet.

Ness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Always the same here, think I've covered all bases get halfway into and bollocks ain't got that part, put it all back the way it was and another month goes past before I get another chance !!!

Sell my T4 ? I'd rather stick wasps up my butt !!!

Comment

I do that a lot.
      Usually it's something small like connectors,
      I have a habit if squirreling the bigger bits

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

Another faultless trip to anglesey for the weekend loads of t4s and other vw camper type vehicles on the way there. 120 miles each way, through traffic and rain. Although better on the big hills I must sort a bit more power.
        On the way back there was a lovely silver short nose with bonnet bra following us on the a5 on the main land near to Conway.

Comment

Get the pump turned up, the extra air needs fuel to burn with it. You'll get quicker boost too.

Comment

That's next on my list. Along with my intercooler

Comment

Fuel first - then intercooler.

You are only running 15 psi? - the intercooler will gain nowt for you apart from a few interweb forum hero points. Chucking more diesel in is where the power lies, trust me you'll spend 30 minutes adjusting one bolt and then go for a drive.......it'll immediately hit you - FUDGE ME! Why didn't I do that ages ago.

At least with the chiller, it IS a job you can pick up and put down, mine spent months mounted up with the holes blanked as I couldn't get time to do the pipework.

Pipe back from chiller to turbo and fanimold - the engine can carry on running with the bypass pipe fitted until you are in a position to make the last two connections,

oh - and 2" i/c pipe btw - this is not the fast and the furious. Two inch is plenty big enough (as I keep trying to convince the missus)

Comment

Lol brill thanks Reg how much can I tweak the pump? I believe mine is the one that I can adjust tickover.
                I have to be honest I thought that if I fitted the intercooler I could set the pump with higher boost from the turbo?

Comment

You can adjust tickover on all the pumps, most people dont know how, they just turn the fuel up and hit a high tickover and live with it.

You can turn the fuel up until it blows coal out the back, it'll go like stink but the man from the MOT station wont like it!

turn it up until you get smoke you can live with (turn it back for MOT)

PM me your email and I'll send you a guide to set up the pump.

You can always take a holiday in Devon and I'll Gov mod the pump for you and set it up bob-on.

Comment

I would quite like that how to guide also, if i can.
                    I'd quite like a trip to Devon but that's a trek and a half
                    Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

I'll second the guide also please...

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post
                        I would quite like that how to guide also, if i can.
                        I'd quite like a trip to Devon but that's a trek and a half
                        Originally posted by The-Fozzer View Post
                        I'll second the guide also please...

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk
                        No problem, PM your emails.

I'll chuck up a couple of how-to type threads when I get the time

Comment

Right so I am thinking that whilst on my days off I would take a look at turning up my fuel pump and fitting if not plumbing my intercooler.
                          I have 2 one small but thick which I am thinking on top as per factory?
                          Or a large thin one from a vauxhall Astra vxr that I was thinking up front of the radiator or if I can make it fit down into the bumper?
                          Now for the question where is preferable? I know best practise is not to block the rad and cooler air would be down in the bumper, but if I can't get it down which of the other 2 options is best?

Comment

Don't fit an interwarmer on top of the engine - shit idea.

Front of the rad aint much better

Join the front mount posse.

MK 2 caddy grille sikaflexed in place

Fitted

Subtle and works v well.

Comment

Cool thanks Reg will see what I can put together. May need another intercooler, as one I have is tall and the other is really small!!

Comment

Just fitted one of these Bluetooth kits to Ness. Really cool bit if kit. And at the price you can't loose!!!
                                http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201943684195

Comment

Working...
                                X