Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Greeny gtc View Post
    Still waiting for the bushes to arrive.
    But still haven't found the belly pan bushes proper.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s
    Here you go pal.
    M6 bonded rubber bush x2 191 201 256

Comment

Here's a linky for the stereo
      PUMPKIN Android 9.0 Double Din Car Stereo CD DVD Audio with Sat Nav Bluetooth Support Android Auto,WIFI,DAB,USB SD,1080P Video,AUX,Fast-boot,7 Inch Touch Screen https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07QCPQ7..._D5hmDbENVDK0M

Nice bit of kit for the "T4 Gent About Town",....
      Is this one larger than the previous at 9"?

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
        Nice bit of kit for the "T4 Gent About Town",....
        Is this one larger than the previous at 9"?
        Screen on last one was 10" 1/2 the body of this one is a little smaller but longer.
        Having the dvd player built in makes my life easier and means sticking to the 3 dvd players that were in with my alpine unit.
        1 tv
        1 head unit
        1 xbox
        And the tv and xbox will play on the headunit and the head unit will play on the tv
        There may be a roof mount screen fitted also at some point......

Comment

• When I replaced the steering rack on ness the other week, I found one of the rubber bushes that hold the belly pan on had the thread hanging off causing the pan to creak and squeak when going over bumps and humps etc so struggling to find a replacement I punted on the intercooler mounting rubbers being a fit....
          Tbh its looking good!!!

Comment

• Ness got another present today with great thanks to Ric and his lovely wife Sharon.
            200w Solar panel cable and as a bonus a voltage controller!
            Once again the populus of Just t4s and more specifically Ric proves what a cracking place this is and guy he is!!

Comment

• Ness has developed an issue, driving to anglesey and the usually inoperable temp gauge came to life shot to over 100° and then fell to 90° then the low water light came on, stopped and yep low water. Topped up and 40 further miles down the road and same again.....
              So I am wondering are the fans not coming in? The wax stat is working fine I have watched it, the fuses near to the battery are in order.
              I can't find a leak other than what I think is having boiled from the filler cap I am confused.

Comment

Ness has developed an issue, driving to anglesey and the usually inoperable temp gauge came to life shot to over 100° and then fell to 90° then the low water light came on, stopped and yep low water. Topped up and 40 further miles down the road and same again.....
                So I am wondering are the fans not coming in? The wax stat is working fine I have watched it, the fuses near to the battery are in order.
                I can't find a leak other than what I think is having boiled from the filler cap I am confused.

Hmmmm. Sure there's no leak?

Even when it's cold, if I get the van up to temp and then leave it stopped for 5 to 10 mins the fans always kick in.

Worth giving this a try?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Just T4s

Comment

• I am thinking at the moment that the resistors are duff,
                  So plan is tomorrow remove plug from Otter switch and link out to check the fans are working, if they are go for a run and get her nice and hot again and then see if the fans are running, if they are see if I can get the water to leak and see where its going

Comment

• Good luck greeny mate.
                    Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

• It shouldn't be loosing water if just the fans aren't working. Have a good look at the ole coolant flange. Perhaps a pressure test is in order. If you get air in the system, which wont happen unless you have some sort of leak, sensors can be confused. They wont read properly without coolant round them.At least with a gauge it gives you some sort of warning. Never liked the French idea of a warning light. Your bombing down the M5 it spunkes its coolant by the time the light comes on your motors cooked.
                      Last edited by S49; 17 August 2019, 08:20 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                        It shouldn't be loosing water if just the fans aren't working. Have a good look at the ole coolant flange. Perhaps a pressure test is in order. If you get air in the system, which wont happen unless you have some sort of leak, sensors can be confused. They wont read properly without coolant round them.At least with a gauge it gives you some sort of warning. Never liked the French idea of a warning light. Your bombing down the M5 it spunkes its coolant by the time the light comes on your motors cooked.
                        There is water in the header but it triggers the low water warning light,
                        The staining (witness stains) are around the pipes for the hot cold valve and the pressure vessel/header tank. I do know that there wasn't pressure in the system cos the cap came off without steam or taking my hand off.

It's odd because the temp gauge doesn't usually work

Comment

• Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post
                          Good luck greeny mate.
                          Just glad i aint where you are mate cos that would really cause issues

Comment

• If the fans aren't coming on could be its boiling and throwing it out the header tank. Would think you'd see that when you stop and take a l.ook.

Comment

• Try your thermo swich. If u unplug the 3 pin plug, connector 1 should have + , even with ignition off. I had a broken cable on mine. Worth to look at, takes only 5 min

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

• Sorry .connector 3 the red/green wire

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

Working...
                                X