Ness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ness

This isn't really a build thread more of a log so I can remember how much not to tell the boss I have spent.
    When I got Ness a 1.9td short wheelbase 2002 51 plate t4, she had 20" wheels on and alloy arch spats, she had the mustard yellow momo front seats (still does) and a red momo seat in the back with curtains.
    I'm the time I have had her I have fitted new insulated flooring and carpet with a bongo split rear seat on runners. I have also fitted a sub (in my opinion essential for a nice clear sound) I have also fitted split charge and 240v electrics and a tv in the rear. I have changed the Bluetooth don't head unit for my alpine flipout dvd player linked to the tv in the rear so it has a cinema sound!!
    I have also fitted a bleed valve on the turbo and a boost gauge (just fitted a second as the first was so noisy even with a filter in the line.
    More updated to come!!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Oh and almost forgot. For her first mot with me I had to replace rear sliders on the calipers and a bush on the front suspension. And other maintenance. And fitting a set of proper load rated 17" alloy wheels and tyres.
    Move on 10 months and my brother-in-law bought himself a 2001 51 plate caravelle (he got a bargain!! Git!!!!)

Comment

Looks great! Are they Volvo seats?

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

Looks like a lush drive.
        Understandable that you removed those heinous chrome arches.

Comment

Definitely looks better now mate👍

Sell my T4 ? I'd rather stick wasps up my butt !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Nozzle View Post
            Looks great! Are they Volvo seats?

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
            Nope they are Alfa 156 seats very comfortable!!

Comment

I have heard of people fitting the passat hazard switch so that the boost gauge can be fitted, I decided that I didn't want to mess about with moving things around so I fitted a pod in the pocket over the fuse box and put the gauge in there. I know it's not in your face, but it's not something you will be looking at all the time so it suits fine. Pic to follow.

Comment

Comment

I got a cb in that pot so going with the passat switch, that does look pretty neat tho 👍

Comment

Lol love it. Not thinking of going the CB way (shock horror I know it's near mandatory!!)
                    I enjoy not being contactable whilst diving.

Comment

Yea i wasnt that bothered about the cb either but it was already in when I bought the van! Never heard anyone on it round Essex so I've no worries of being contacted 😂😂

Comment

😂

Comment

So with my new boost gauge fitted and reading right I got a little brave and opened the bleed valve in my turbo a little more (not done the fuel pump yet and not fitted an intercooler as yet) but it seems much better, smoother and quicker. Hopefully weekend I will get to look at fitting the intercooler I have.
                          It's from a vauxhall Astra vxr and is really thin so should fit nicely between grill and rad. It's just plumbing that worries me a little.

Comment

Happy days Greeny, just make sure you've got plenty of pipe and angles, im sure you'll get it sorted, I've just got my hazard switch in and waiting to find the time to sort the rest.......... as usual 😤

Comment

Thanks? Yea the t4 comes in second for time to the scimitar.
                              I have loads of angles and odds and sods hoping that I have what I need. But we a know I won't as the law of sod truly applies in my life!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X