No announcement yet.

Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to hijack , but i couldn't agree more with your comments guys. For me, owning a dub means you get stuck in and do stuff yourself!
    We have done everything ourselves on our camper, even down to making our own units! And it has been really fun, stressful and patience testing, but so worth it! Its a journey and you meet people who help who then become friends! Not just another customer at some garage!

This is what we managed to build [emoji16]

'Its a t4 thing'

Comment

Now there's a classic example of out of the box thinking, the curved top. That's unless some one has already done that. I like it, it adds that bit extra. A few more pics would be quite good so we can see a bit more of the interior.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave T View Post
        Now there's a classic example of out of the box thinking, the curved top. That's unless some one has already done that. I like it, it adds that bit extra. A few more pics would be quite good so we can see a bit more of the interior.
        is that for quick gettaways with pints on the side?

Comment

Are they painted or laminated Robbie?

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s mobile app

Comment

Thanks Dave T, there is a company making units with a curve, but mine is different. Will put up some more pics soon, i should move my build thread over from the 'other' forum but i think it will take a while!

Ha ha! Something like that mugglesquop! Certainly makes everything slide easier!

Jonnybigballs! There are laminated bud, i made the units then glued a full size sheet on top and then trimmed it down with a router. I will put some more pics up soon which will show how i did it [emoji854]

'Its a t4 thing'

Comment

so, whilst waiting for a chance to get cracking on the van (moving house in a week, so its got to wait), i've been thinking and planning...

couple of questions for campers:

What do you do with the waste from a sink? run a pipe through the floor? (will be camping mostly in fields, previous caravans we just let the water run out onto the floor)
              Clean water, again, pipe through the floor to a container outside? - i have an aqua roll

Comment

Sink? No need for a sink in a van (unless you need a urinal and even then the missus complains about the splashback when she's trying to sleep)

Just put a washing up bowl in a cupboard with your utensils in, you empty the bowl when you eed to cook and eat and then use it to wash up in afterwards, dispose of the waste water responsibly and then re-pack with your clean bits and pieces until next time.

No freshwater tank you have to clean frequently (your coffee always tastes of plastic regardless) and no waste pipe to worry about.

What's the story with the mk1 caddy, is it nearly finished? Looks like nearly a cool reg number.

Comment

i hadn't noticed the numberplate, nearly awesome.

haha, with the state we get in a sink is required i've got a heat exchanger planned as well.

Caddy is sat being unloved. what would be really handy is if some bloke turned up and gave me a hand to get the engine running right

Comment

Working...
                  X