My camper / swamper / work van build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My camper / swamper / work van build

He's still learning the forum talk we can put it down to his age [emoji6] I take its JP, Bluefrog?

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
      He's still learning the forum talk we can put it down to his age [emoji6] I take its JP, Bluefrog?

LOL,, Yes Dan im JP

Comment

where did ya get the units from mate? also im looking to put leds on the roof for better light, easy or hard job to do? im currently up in worcestershire at the mo, cheers

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by StitchMyRide View Post
          where did ya get the units from mate? also im looking to put leds on the roof for better light, easy or hard job to do? im currently up in worcestershire at the mo, cheers

Scott
          The units i got from a guy up in Stoke, was a private advert and i managed to catch it 5 mins after he posted. Couple of people asked him to hold them for a week but i said i could collect that evening. Was a 4hr, 150mile trip but for £60 was well worth it even adding on the fuel money.

As for the LED's, they came with the unit. They arent wired up, so thats something i need to look into too. If you find anything regarding wiring them up please let me know.

Comment

Had a bit of spare time today, so thought id have a go at making a center console out of pallet wood. Pallets have been sourced locally free of charge . Im by no means a carpenter and all i had was a tape measure, scissors, drill and hand saw. Im sure that at some point its going to fall apart, when it does ill do it a bit differently.

Just need to make a lid tomorrow and some cup holders.... might just get a piece of ply for the lid anyway heres some pics from today. Will get it finished tomorrow
            Attached Files

Comment

I like the USB/Clock/12v socket fitment not seen one like that before. Anyone know where to get them. That should have been a smiley face so what chance have I got of putting a frigging wink in.

Comment

Oh I see now once it's posted it changes, what a breakthrough.

Comment

That'll be a battery meter not a clock and they're on eBay or the bloke sometimes attends the shows .

Comment

Battery meter, two switches, lighter sockets and a usb port. All fed off a 12v male socket ???

If i use the unit i will remove that as im not keen on it to be honest

Comment

Let me know if you do as I would be very interested.

Comment

Right nothing done for a while now. Had enough at work today so i decided to come home early and stick the units in the van. Might give me the umfff to get off my arse and start ordering stuff to get the van done. Money is an issue at the moment, but there are a few jobs i can do bit by bit really.

Anyway units are now in, works with my work kit in there (being a work van). Units are a bit ropey in places so ive decided to make my own. Will use these as a template when i eventually get round to it, but for now they will do for now. Need to figure out how to wire up the LED's now

Click image for larger version

Name:	van fixed unit 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	257419Click image for larger version

Name:	van fixed unit 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	257420

Comment

Got my square side bars about 3/4 weeks ago now. Havent got them on till now as there was a slight issue with some extra metal work under my van on the fixing points which stopped them from fitting in.

Well today i got a crowbar at it and bent it out of the way.

First picture is the bare metal as i picked them up, 50mm box 2or3mm thickness (forget which it was). Ive done a rattle can job on them for now till i am ready to get a few things powder coated and a couple of things sprayed.

Very pleased with them, they are something different to the round ones most people have. As im going for the swamper look these will look good when i have my AT tyres on eventually
                          Attached Files

Comment

Good thread mate. Need to start my own, I bought my first T4 panel van few months ago and starting a conversation. What is a swamper?? [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s mobile app

Comment

Subtle job JP looks good.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob p View Post
                                Good thread mate. Need to start my own, I bought my first T4 panel van few months ago and starting a conversation. What is a swamper?? [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s mobile app
                                Jacked up with a off road style setup

Comment

Working...
                                X