• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I fit decent injectors yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
      Can I fit decent injectors yet?
      Why not.... it'll drive, sound, run and smoke like a REAL cluster fuck then....

Can you try and rewire your immo back in and return to immo ON status with the kit you have?

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
        Why not.... it'll drive, sound, run and smoke like a REAL cluster fuck then....

Can you try and rewire your immo back in and return to immo ON status with the kit you have?
        I did, it wouldn't recognise the chip.

The delights of cycling to work mean you can think about things and I had a idea.

The good running of my van is WAY too dependent on injection timing, advanced timing would mean less energy to spool the turbo, I think a less tight turbo would be the way to go.

Do I just get another V70, have you looked at turbo options outside the V70? Maybe BMW 330D unit?

Why do you believe the new injectors will cause poor running? What new issues will I need to overcome?

Comment

What new issues will I need to overcome?
          The existing ones.
          The running problem(s) will still be there irrelevant of any new hardware you fit.

Comment

The existing ones.
            The running problem(s) will still be there irrelevant of any new hardware you fit.
            Not if part of that new hardware is an MTDI pump.

Comment

• Reg I sent the IMMO off file a few months back were you able to install it using your VAG K Commander? Install that file to the ECU EEPROM.

Also read and send me your cluster EEPROM.

I can map any hardware / injectors you install. Choose a turbo....

Comment

Reg I sent the IMMO off file a few months back were you able to install it using your VAG K Commander? Install that file to the ECU EEPROM.

Also read and send me your cluster EEPROM.

I can map any hardware / injectors you install. Choose a turbo....

You sent me an immo off file? I thought you wanted immo on? - Besides I'm missing the point, I can turn immo off and on no problem

I read the cluster yesterday, forgot to send it last night.

Comment

You sent me an immo off file?
                  I thought you wanted immo on? - Besides I'm missing the point, I can turn immo off and on no problem

I read the cluster yesterday, forgot to send it last night.
                  One or the other, either ON or OFF - but I don't trust VAG K Commander and just so we have a basis to work through the software errors.
                  You choose!
                  Yes, I sent you an IMMO off EEPROM file because the file you sent originally was definitely not. (sent pic aswell to prove).

I've got several good Volvo CHRA's if you want to swap and try another cartridge?
                  Is the actuator sealing properly - I did have this problem on Colins? It was full of soot and the valve failed to seal.
                  How have you plumbed the turbo up? Is the top port capped and sealed? Stop chuntering, I've got to ask!!

Comment

• No the initial couple of reads were immo on

Yeah I could try a cartridge swap - how do i dynamic balance after though?

Have a feeling the top port was never capped - not that it'll be responsible for 1 bar going missing.

Wastegate was perfectly clean.

Comment

No the initial couple of reads were immo on
                      I'm sure you said it was IMMO Off. Whats the status now - ON / OFF
                      Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                      Sorry I've only got used CHRA's pulled from complete turbos. None rebuilt, so per original manufacturers balancing as pulled from the cars.
                      Have a feeling the top port was never capped - not that it'll be responsible for 1 bar going missing.
                      Your loosing or not making 500-600mbar, you can loose that with a split pipe or broken T piece connector.
                      You could apply pressure to the top port ((I know the top is vaccum operated) so just to test the seal) and T off from the side port to make sure its sealing tight.

Comment

No the initial couple of reads were immo on
                        Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                        I'm sure you said it was IMMO Off. Whats the status now - ON / OFF
                        Off - I turned it on last week and it wouldn't recognise the chip

Sorry I've only got used CHRA's pulled from complete turbos. None rebuilt, so per original manufacturers balancing as pulled from the cars.
                        Pop one in the post then - I think this is the biggest problem

Your loosing or not making 500-600mbar, you can loose that with a split pipe or broken T piece connector.
                        You could apply pressure to the top port ((I know the top is vaccum operated) so just to test the seal) and T off from the side port to make sure its sealing tight.
                        I'll cap it off when I change the cartridge this weekend, checked the pipework last Sunday - found nowt.

Comment

Off - I turned it on last week and it wouldn't recognise the chip
                          Which chip? Key?
                          Pop one in the post then - I think this is the biggest problem
                          Will do.
                          I'll cap it off when I change the cartridge this weekend, checked the pipework last Sunday - found nowt.
                          Nice1

Comment

Which chip? Key?
                            Yep the chip from the old broken key, that was taped to the transponder ring for the first 3 years of ownership and prior to that had to be held against the ignition with one hand whilst you turned the other unchipped unbroken key in the barrel.

Comment

Yep the chip from the old broken key, that was taped to the transponder ring for the first 3 years of ownership and prior to that had to be held against the ignition with one hand whilst you turned the other unchipped unbroken key in the barrel.
                              So the key chip did originally worked but now doesn't after rewiring the IMMO box and igntion back up and together with IMMO ON in the ECU?

Do you know if there's a K-line (or is it W-Line) into the IMMO box? Must be programable ....

Comment

So the key chip did originally worked but now doesn't after rewiring the IMMO box and igntion back up and together with IMMO ON in the ECU?

Do you know if there's a K-line (or is it W-Line) into the IMMO box? Must be programable ....
                                Yep that's it, just had to plug the Tx ring back into the immo box and turn to immo on in VCCommander

Four lines to my immo box 12v, Gnd, K line and W line.

Comment

Working...
                                X