My second T4, operation de-chav

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
    Unbalanced injectors would make the timing jump around - don't know if this is picked up by the ECU or if it just takes the needle lift sensor signal as the trigger for timing measurement, which I suspect is the case.
    It only has the needle lift sensor signal.
    I found the two pump belt tensioners make the timing jump a lot, the timing with new tensioners bounces a lot less.
    The bearing quality in original parts compared to after market makes a large difference too.
    Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
    If the spring pressures are weak or the injector pin is worn on the injectors they don't seal(?) and leaking fuel rather than atomize it?
    poor atomisation wont help starting or the white smoke when cold problem - it definitely has that AJT smell.
    I would suggest getting it back on the road with the new v2 map before changing anything else.
    Can you read your cluster EEPROM and email it to me with the current mileage/km reading? I'll check it and rewrite it if necessary so we know its good.
    The new ECU map is good , double checked the checksums.

Colin's map will be fine for my fmic setup?
    Oh yes.... make sure those Mikalors are tight!

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
      It only has the needle lift sensor signal.
      I found the two pump belt tensioners make the timing jump a lot, the timing with new tensioners bounces a lot less.
      The bearing quality in original parts compared to after market makes a large difference too.

I would suggest getting it back on the road with the new v2 map before changing anything else.
      Can you read your cluster EEPROM and email it to me with the current mileage/km reading? I'll check it and rewrite it if necessary so we know its good.
      The new ECU map is good , double checked the checksums.

Oh yes.... make sure those Mikalors are tight!
      The tensioner does wander a bit whilst running, belt and tensioners were good kit when fitted, conti belt and INA tensioners.

V2 map a good idea if I'm supposed to be running in the clutch?

I'll read the cluster if I can.

Mikalors are tight, really want to make some proper one piece intercooler pipes and bead them. Also want to make a proper intake pipe as the bodge I have at the moment I think is responsble for an annoying vibe around 2000 rpm that can be felt on the pedals. The pipe is touching the servo and I think it's that rather than turbo or downpipe that does run tight but I think there is adequate clearance - no obvious witness marks.

Comment

• Time to fit the segominators supplied to me by the awesome scarface lowriders.

Hand delivered by mr sausage himself, he even offered a reacharound as part of the deal.

We spotted last night that the top collar on my HD sachs dampers is going to foul the bracket. I could space it off with a bunch of washers (supplied) but that's a nasty bodge.

Whilst we are talking nasty bodges, I ground the outer diameter of the offending collar away.

Looks a bit 'thrupenny bit' and I'm ashamed it looks like it was chewed away by a rabid fox but you try grinding a round disc that whilst captive on the shaft also spins freely.

To redeem myself, instead of just hacking the bump stops off I stuck them in the lathe, tried to keep the progressive shape and lost about 15mm off the length.

And fitted! The original bracket is shown in the picture just to show what I couldn't bear to bolt back on

Drilled the chassis to take the extra bolts required and gave the repainted area and the brackets a coat of schutz - too late to get the compressor out I just brushed it on - the whole arch and in fact the underside of the van could do with a few litres sprayed on at some point. There's no rust appearing after the original coat I applied 3 years ago and I'd like to keep it that way.
        Last edited by regcheeseman; 5 March 2018, 11:41 PM.

Comment

V2 map a good idea if I'm supposed to be running in the clutch?
          You're driving, just take it easy. Its what its designed for.
          Mikalors are tight, really want to make some proper one piece intercooler pipes and bead them.
          V Nice. That would be unique.
          Also want to make a proper intake pipe as the bodge I have at the moment I think is responsble for an annoying vibe around 2000 rpm that can be felt on the pedals.
          The pipe is touching the servo and I think it's that rather than turbo or downpipe that does run tight but I think there is adequate clearance - no obvious witness marks.
          Get the V70 2.5tdi inlet, quality bit of pipework.
          Did you sell the V40 version. Perfect for a mates AJT....

Comment

• How low are you planning to go?

Comment

Get the V70 2.5tdi inlet, quality bit of pipework.
              Did you sell the V40 version. Perfect for a mates AJT....
              Will it fit my turbo - it sits low in the bay remember. I don't want another bit of expensive useless rubber pipe.

Still got the V40 - let me know your address and I'll send it on - no use to me

Comment

How low are you planning to go?
                Not pointless low, dont want to render the van uncomfortable or unusable - loosing arch gap would be nice.

Comment

• What size tyres are you running now cheeser?
                  Jebem ti nanu u trulu sisu

Comment

Will it fit my turbo - it sits low in the bay remember. I don't want another bit of expensive useless rubber pipe.

Still got the V40 - let me know your address and I'll send it on - no use to me'
                    Yes it will fit but I'd forgotten you're still using the original airbox. The pipe sits perfectly in that void with a cone filter.
                    Will send PM , let me know how much...

Its going to look stunning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Sausages View Post
                      What size tyres are you running now cheeser?
                      17/45/225 or maybe 235 - I'll check.

Comment

Yes it will fit but I'd forgotten you're still using the original airbox. The pipe sits perfectly in that void with a cone filter.
                        Will send PM , let me know how much...

Its going to look stunning.
                        Don't really want a cone filter, yet.

You can have the pipe - I owe you plenty.

Comment

• You will easily lose the arch gap with those tyres and it will handle pretty much like a stock van. Be interesting to see at what point in the suspension travel those Sachs bottom out

Comment

• Don't do a cone filter, I'm putting the car airbox back on mine as the noise does my feckin head in

Comment

Don't do a cone filter, I'm putting the car airbox back on mine as the noise does my feckin head in
                              Put some foam back in the wing just tuck it further back, stops the noise resonating in the cab.

Comment

Don't do a cone filter, I'm putting the car airbox back on mine as the noise does my feckin head in
                                I've got a foam cone filter in mine, don't get any noise off it

Sent from my vernee_M5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X