My second T4, operation de-chav

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
    So use VAGCommander and turn the IMMO off.
    I'm confused? we are going round in circles!

I thoughh the flashing light may be because the immo is turned off - so turning it back on may solve the light.

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
    You need the PIN code to read your van ECU, cannot remember the process but sent you a RossTech link in Nov17.
    At no point do I get a prompt to enter a pin code - not that I've noticed - and I've read it loads of times, you have the evidence.

Your ECU code however is corrupted / missing / lost - it shows "0" in my software.
    It wasn't.....

PIN is no good because it reads "0" according to my read of today of your 6 Nov 17 file.
    I'll see if I can find an earlier read.

Did you not brick the ECU? Then do a recovery?
    Nope. wouldn't know how to recover it if I did.

I had the issue when refitting my UNTOUCHED original ecu back in that the van would start and die, like an immo fault - and yes the immo was enabled and also throwing up a fault. It resolved itself by having the loom/ecu in the right position in the bay which points to a damaged wire in the loom - could I replicate the fault nope!

It happened a few times but only when refitting the original ECU (after trying and failing to create a clone) so I search the net for immo off methods and turned it off in original ECU

The original immo off switching did not cause the light to come on - i think that appeared after the second/third map was put in.

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
      I'm confused? we are going round in circles!
      Yep, me too.
      Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
      I thoughh the flashing light may be because the immo is turned off - so turning it back on may solve the light.
      OK, so lets get a datum point and van status so that we can try and resolve this.
      At no point do I get a prompt to enter a pin code - not that I've noticed - and I've read it loads of times, you have the evidence.
      In the RossTech VCDS software you can make engine "Adaptions", some functions require no login codes but others do.
      There's a four digit pin held in the 24C02 & 24C04 EEPROM 's in the ECU. I too have software that can interogate this EEPROM.
      I understand your VAGCommander can also read it and through its software interface make adaptions to the ECU, Example link.
      http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index...I_ECU_Swapping
      It wasn't.....
      I've only read & written your file "ICZ7832 full standard read.bin 512Bytes of 06 Nov 17" , yesterday and returned the file by email to you yesterday with IMMO off.
      Its this file that contains the 4 digit PIN code. If its been corrupted it ain't by me Reg. Who's touched the ECU before 06 Nov 17?
      I'll see if I can find an earlier read.
      Could be your VAGCommander? Does it prompt to run a checksum write after changing the IMMO status?
      Nope. wouldn't know how to recover it if I did.
      OK.
      I had the issue when refitting my UNTOUCHED original ecu back in that the van would start and die, like an immo fault - and yes the immo was enabled and also throwing up a fault. It resolved itself by having the loom/ecu in the right position in the bay which points to a damaged wire in the loom - could I replicate the fault nope!
      OK
      It happened a few times but only when refitting the original ECU (after trying and failing to create a clone) so I search the net for immo off methods and turned it off in original ECU .
      RossTech Guide but requires PIN, thats not to say it will not work with "0".
      http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index...g#ECU_Swapping
      The original immo off switching did not cause the light to come on - i think that appeared after the second/third map was put in.
      OK, the first two maps sent were my generic AJT K14 maps. Tried and tested.
      Last two maps for the new turbo were written on your file "ICZ7832 Initial read.bin 524.3KB from 06 Nov. Checksums all good.

Let me know how do you want to proceed?
      Back to standard? Then we work forward...

Comment

I've only read & written your file "ICZ7832 full standard read.bin 512Bytes of 06 Nov 17" , yesterday and returned the file by email to you yesterday with IMMO off.
        Its this file that contains the 4 digit PIN code. If its been corrupted it ain't by me Reg. Who's touched the ECU before 06 Nov 17?
        No idea - not me. Only ever read from, never written to

There was matey with his hand held doofer - no light flash after that though.

Could be your VAGCommander? Does it prompt to run a checksum write after changing the IMMO status?
        It could well be, date would coincide with me getting commander running

OK, the first two maps sent were my generic AJT K14 maps. Tried and tested.
        Last two maps for the new turbo were written on your file "ICZ7832 Initial read.bin 524.3KB from 06 Nov. Checksums all good.

Let me know how do you want to proceed?
        Back to standard? Then we work forward...

I seem to recall you saying there were checksum errors in the one/both of my initial read files that I sent you ages ago?

Are you confident that the file you sent yesterday was good - MPPS really didn't like it, quite happy to import all other previous files into the software.

Proceed? I'll wait for the other ECU and fix my clutch in the meantime. maybe.

Comment

No idea - not me. Only ever read from, never written to
          There was matey with his hand held doofer - no light flash after that though.
          Try and login to the ECU Adaptions within VCDS and lets see if it will take your current "0"code?
          PIN is required to swap ECU's. As per RossTech link.
          It could well be, date would coincide with me getting commander running.
          I seem to recall you saying there were checksum errors in the one/both of my initial read files that I sent you ages ago?
          I wonder whether theres a read / write error occurring using VagCommander?
          Yep, only read and wrote to the 512KB file, that showed checksum errors upon reading it.
          Its not unusual, had the same yesterday. But who knows the history after 6-7 owners?
          I've seen ECU's with modded mileage and corrupted EEPROMs, but you can only roll it forward!
          Are you confident that the file you sent yesterday was good - MPPS really didn't like it, quite happy to import all other previous files into the software.
          I am, however I would not use or do anything with it. Its just IMMO off. Lets leave it until we work this through.
          Whats the IMMO status currently according to VAGCommander?
          Proceed? I'll wait for the other ECU and fix my clutch in the meantime. maybe.
          Fix the clutch - van runs allbeit with the MIL. Keep it running...
          Where you at with the clutch? Have TechniClutch confirmed the flywheel specs?
          Try and login to the ECU using VCDS test that PIN code.
          How come you removed the ignition ring if you have the key etc...?

Comment

• FYI - I've just chased TTV up for an update.

Comment

• http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index..._Procedures.3F

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ross-Tech PIN Requirements.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	263081

Comment

• Bought a new clutch

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SPECIAL-O...i:362235325452

Thanks for that. The item is listed on the following link:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/362235325452

The flywheel does have eight bolt holes - it will all fit fine. It is officially rated to 480NM but should take a bit more. It is the friction material that will suffer first and beyond this you would need cerametallic material (on a paddle plate).

Thanks again,

Frank

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/TECHNICLUTCH

Comment

Great a step in the right direction, look forward to the feed back.
                  Based on T7OMMY's 1.8T TT engined 314hp experiences it should hold and for half the price of the ZF SRE Offerings...

Comment

• Email sent with data logging attachment.

Comment

• Clutch turned up today,

no markings on pressure plate, number on clutch plate and on the flywheel which have been obscured by one of the mounting holes.

I'm guessing H0320131230 - google says no.

Special order single mas flywheel and 228mm carbon kevlar clutch kit bought as special order from Techniclutch on ebay who were very helpful, price was good to!

Comment

Clutch turned up today,

no markings on pressure plate, number on clutch plate and on the flywheel which have been obscured by one of the mounting holes.

I'm guessing H0320131230 - google says no.

Special order single mas flywheel and 228mm carbon kevlar clutch kit bought as special order from Techniclutch on ebay who were very helpful, price was good to!

Are you pleased? What's the weight & quality like?

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

Are you pleased? What's the weight & quality like?

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s
                          It's quite heavy and cheaply made.

Comment

It's quite heavy and cheaply made.
                            Any markings or branding on the pressure plate? Could not find any references or start points for the flywheel or clutch plate.
                            On some of the parts that I've ordered none seem to cross fit, the three pressure plate lugs/locators are set differently.
                            Have you got another clutch plate to offer up to the flywheel and pressure plate? How much would the kevlar clutch plate costs on its own?
                            The Sachs compoments are so far the best quality.

Comment

Any markings or branding on the pressure plate? Could not find any references or start points for the flywheel or clutch plate.
                              On some of the parts that I've ordered none seem to cross fit, the three pressure plate lugs/locators are set differently.
                              Have you got another clutch plate to offer up to the flywheel and pressure plate? How much would the kevlar clutch plate costs on its own?
                              The Sachs compoments are so far the best quality.
                              No other markings, there's a number on the box - I'll post it up.

Not got another clutch to offer, plate shouldn't be much - puck would be the next step?

Comment

What's the weight & quality like?
                                11.1 KG for the fly

Which also has these numbers on the box

FA0026-76
                                PO-SP001597

Tried the new ECU today, seemed reluctant to start - and then died like the immo was on.

Read the codes - nothing relating to immo.

Name:	tootling about2.JPG
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	263181

Deleted the immo anyway - then I spotted something related to my flashing glow plug light....

Vag commander window looks like this (without the greyed out boxes)

Name:	tootling about3.jpg
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	263180

Note I can either write to eeprom or flash - the flash option has never worked and just fails connection.

So.... if I write a map file to eeprom, is that how I've screwed up my ECU?

The other software I have checks the file before writing and wont attempt if it looks suspect - but vag commander don't seem to care it'll just write any old bullshit.

That said - I'm pretty sure some of the early maps sent by Activ were written via commander eeprom option and they worked fine so it must be putting them in the right place but surel it should write them to flash??????

Annnywaaayyy.....

The new ecu continued to start intermittently and die so I gave up and put my original ECU back in and it's doing the same thing as well - starts and dies like an immo, so I read the codes and get the same as above with a crank sensor error.

So I remove and refit the ECU a few times, and wiggle the wires about and eventually it starts and runs fine.

aha - dodgy connection you say? my thought too, but once it's running you an wiggle the wiring about as much as you like and it'll run perfectly.

Thought I'd get started on the clutch this eveniong but it didn't happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X