My second T4, operation de-chav

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by spedwing View Post

I like my Matt black van and banded steels :-)
    Could be worse,you could have shiny paint,a roof rack that never has anything on it,scene gold wheels,spoilers and the ultimate.A bus evolution sticker on your side window.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

• The knives are out tonight arnt they, who could you mean?

Comment

• Oooh...shots fired.

brace yourselves.

Comment

• Had a birthday in the household

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL-20240330-091756449-MP.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	361483

Bit of a struggle getting there, in the last 1000 miles......

Had a front wheel bearing instantly fail on me at work, and nursed it home at 18mph, did the bearing next morning and drove to Brighton and back next day. Then a grinding vibey noise came back, seemed to be the pendulum mount allowing the gearbox to hit the subframe...

Ground more clearance on the subframe, beefed up the rubber bush and put the uber rare AXG pendulum mount on back order, noise gone.

Day later noise came back again on way to work, thought the bodged rubber had failed again but as soon as I dropped the engine tray I found two engine mount bolts and a motor sitting 3 inches lower than it should.

All bolted up, noise gone and finally rolled over the 150K mark.

Desperately needs underside cleaning, and treating before it turns to welding work, just need some dry weather.....

Comment

• Had a birthday in the household

Name:	PXL-20240330-091756449-MP.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	361485

Bit of a struggle getting there, in the last 1000 miles......

Had a front wheel bearing instantly fail on me at work, and nursed it home at 18mph, did the bearing next morning and drove to Brighton and back next day. Then a grinding vibey noise came back, seemed to be the pendulum mount allowing the gearbox to hit the subframe...

Ground more clearance on the subframe, beefed up the rubber bush and put the uber rare AXG pendulum mount on back order, noise gone.

Day later noise came back again on way to work, thought the bodged rubber had failed again but as soon as I dropped the engine tray I found two engine mount bolts and a motor sitting 3 inches lower than it should.

All bolted up, noise gone and finally rolled over the 150K mark.

Desperately needs underside cleaning, and treating before it turns to welding work, just need some dry weather.....

Comment

• 150k hahahaaha. The usual weekend warrior. Is that 2000 miles you’ve now racked up in 7-8 years ownership? Pmsl.

You people make me sick.

#vanlife

Comment

• Now I think about it, I reckon we’ve only done about 12k in our camper in the last 9 years….

#vanlife

Comment

• Originally posted by TommyP View Post
                  150k hahahaaha. The usual weekend warrior. Is that 2000 miles you’ve now racked up in 7-8 years ownership? Pmsl.

You people make me sick.

Bit harsh.

That's only over 50K in my ownership, as my job doesn't involve driving I don't do a lot of miles a year, typically 6-8k.

The van gets used more than most I know of.

Comment

• Van camper military tool it does the lot logging camping fun in the snow its endless ha ha ha x

Sent from my SM-S911B using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post

Bit harsh.

That's only over 50K in my ownership, as my job doesn't involve driving I don't do a lot of miles a year, typically 6-8k.

The van gets used more than most I know of.
                      You love it.

#vanlife

Comment

• Originally posted by ARMSTRONG 1987 View Post
                        Massive thread jack

Name:	Farmer-palmer.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	361505

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post

Name:	Farmer-palmer.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	361505
                          Is that from Viz?

#vanlife

Comment

• Originally posted by TommyP View Post
                            Is that from Viz?
                            Farmer Palmer - "Ger orf moi laaand!"

Comment

• Mollys has just done 140k today.

Comment

• Dropped into recycling centre earlier, obviously with no huge pile of crap in van and no garage door on the roofrack because I dont use or drive my van ever...

Came to drive away and was getting click, click, click with key and no start. I changed starter motor with gearbox upgrade last year and ignintion switch few weeks ago and though I sorted it.

Got out, waggled wires, got back in, click, click, click three times then fired up.

I guess it didnt want to leave the dump and felt a natural afinity with the other green skips.

Now short shifting everywhere, cant go over 2300rpm as the clutch gives up, got a 500+ mile round trip up to the land of rainbows tomorrow, that should be fun...

You still got that clutch Activ?

Comment

Working...
                                X