Size:	440.1 KB
ID:	332751

Tidied up

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20211019_170834596.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	390.7 KB
ID:	332752

Best Tig welding yet. Started in the middle, lower section is pulled and shite, top bit was pushed and much better, not good but better.

Name:	PXL_20211020_185710308.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	374.8 KB
ID:	332753

plate going on to blank off original flange mounting

Name:	PXL_20211020_190840944.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	371.4 KB
ID:	332754

ran out of gas, it was getting late and couldnt be bothered to change cylinder so left it there and tidied it up a bit

Name:	PXL_20211020_191136622.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	358.0 KB
ID:	332755

Started to hack up a bit of old scrap with the new dewalt battery grinder, could be new favourite tool, not going in the tool thread cos its dirty and used now.

Name:	PXL_20211020_163202771.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	389.1 KB
ID:	332756

My £1 ebay vice still going strong - another good buy, felt bad turning up at the blokes house and giving him a quid.

And this is what is going on the chain drilled bit, MAP sensor and intake flange that was relocated from other end

Name:	PXL_20211020_191433456.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	264.0 KB
ID:	332757

Beauty.

Comment

• I wondered how you were going to swap the air intake. Forgot you could TIG

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
        Forgot you could TIG
        Hmmm, debatable. Lets just say I have a TIG

Comment

• Loving that inlet.
          Nice work Reg.

Comment

• Swapped the gas, didnt have enough time to start welding so as the bench grinder was still set up with the wire brush I gave the alternator a tidy up,

Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20211021_195631933.jpg Views:	0 Size:	479.7 KB ID:	332774

Was a manky black mess before I started, welding tomorrow....

Comment

• Welding done, little issue fitting the manifold as it fouled slightly on the exhaust manifold and got a tickle with the grinder, now fitted, just need to tap the thread for the boost take off port.

Name:	PXL_20211022_193406244.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	371.3 KB
ID:	332796

Name:	PXL_20211022_193417276.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	391.8 KB
ID:	332797

Comment

• What vehicle is that manifold off?

Comment

• Audi AEL engine - 2.5 tdi fitted to early nineties cars

Comment

• Some random bloke turned up today in his grandads car with a AXG gearbox in the back and stole my 02G, so I now have a gearbox that wont fit. Brilliant.

Thanks Tommy much appreciated.

He turned up just as i'd somehow tapped a thread in the inlet manifold that too big for the fitting I had to go in there, quick rummage in the box of fittings turned up the perfect alternative, 6mm push fitting.

Name:	PXL_20211024_141356489.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	273.9 KB
ID:	332909

That's it manifold sorted, only one issue, there's no support for the dipstick so I'll fab up a bracket, oh and the bolts required are 15mm longer than what was fitted before so need to get some M8 x 65mm cap heads.

Comment

• You loved the OAP limo/hearse! As your face is always so lit up with emotion and enthusiasm but never utter distain and horror, I could tell without you saying. Did 56mpg whilst averaging about 85 on the motorway. 470 miles from half a tank. Not too shabby. Vision is a bit of an issue but I put that down to the balaclava.

Anyway, I brought you a nice shiny rebuilt ultra rare box for bargain money and took away some ropey ass looking grease tub for me to have to deal with. Much appreciated by the way despite my rumblings that may lead you to believe otherwise.

The manifold looked great, in a sort of beginners cake decorating class kind of way. Will be an interesting build.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
                      #vanlife

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                        :
                        there's no support for the dipstick
                        That’s bollocks, I gave you plenty of encouragement when I was there.

#vanlife

Comment

• Fecking peugeot, the driveway still stinks of stale piss.

Turns out the driveshafts are the same left and right - dunno how when one cv cup is 98mm and the other 120???

Can you get any info on that input seal as I've turned up nowt except reference to a VW diagram I cant find. (141 020)

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                            Fecking peugeot, the driveway still stinks of stale piss.

Turns out the driveshafts are the same left and right - dunno how when one cv cup is 98mm and the other 120???

Can you get any info on that input seal as I've turned up nowt except reference to a VW diagram I cant find. (141 020)
                            Wtf? I thought it was odd that the o/s would work with your standard shafts. What’s that all about?

I’ve requested info and will get back to you the second I hear back.

#vanlife

Comment

• Is this the one you need Reg?
                              02F311113A 25x40x7 shaft oil seal

https://www.autodoc.co.uk/corteco/2091895

Comment

• Looking at the other items on that list I’d say that’s a 102 gearbox so I don’t think that’s the right one.

#vanlife

Comment

Working...
                                X