Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hans View Post
    Not the best pic . It's blurred
    Just bought a new phone because the camera is dying on this one, it struggle to get a focus and then wanders in/out of focus. It still in the box, I need to get it set up

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post

No, have you seen them on another van? Audi rims, Scirocco twists, land rover, T5 GP steels or banded steels are the way to go if you want scene.
      I’ve seen them on another T4 , I’ll see if I can find a pic .

Comment

• Had another look this morning and they do grow on you.... Mrs loves them, citing "Reg must be a man.of style to go with the gold", .....

Comment

• I thought I’d seen them before …not sure they suit your van colour .. that’s just my thought

Comment

• Originally posted by spedwing View Post

I thought I’d seen them before …not sure they suit your van colour .. that’s just my thought
            That’s the pic I was looking for although I think regs wheels are tighter on the spokes and the rim is exposed more , but very similar

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post

That’s the pic I was looking for although I think regs wheels are tighter on the spokes and the rim is exposed more , but very similar
              Ermm, not even close. My old calibre vintages were closer looking than that, you may as well just found a pic of my van 12 months ago, they seem to be pretty marmite though, the woman next door loves them, the farmer laughed and asked if I got them cheap from Delboy.

Anyway it dont matter, drove to the beach, coolant light came on again, topped it up, noticed a fair bit of moisture around the top of the gearbox and felt quite good as the coolant leak should be an easy fix, also spotted that I hadn't fitted gearbox inspection bung back in.

Driving home it seemed like someone had converted second gear to straight cut, sounded amazing, probably isnt.

Big pool of gearbox oil under van and the moisture aint coolant, looks like gearbox oil being flung out of the inspection hole. FML.

Comment

You are all right, felt guilty so took the van out tonight

All the way to costcutter.

And how did it repay me? Bloody glovebox catch fell off.

Not 100% sure on the rims, looked great off the van....fitted? I dunno. Definitely way too bling for some, they look better without the massive arch gap, need to get the 5" springs fitted.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210813_202941.jpg
Views:	474
Size:	264.8 KB
ID:	330139
                On 5’s they are going to be like 50p’s within a few weeks. Your going to have a cracking time or end up driving like your pissed up avoiding pebbles in the road.
                Love the colour on the van Reg

Comment

• Originally posted by Biff View Post

On 5’s they are going to be like 50p’s within a few weeks. Your going to have a cracking time or end up driving like your pissed up avoiding pebbles in the road.
                  Love the colour on the van Reg
                  How does the length of the spring effect the force the road exerts on the wheels or potential damage caused....

I am pissed?

Comment

• If you want to borrow to trial a new set of 5" 900lb Faulkners before investing, let me know.

Comment

• Got some on the shelf and the straps, aint 900lb though.

Replacement gearbox takes precedent though...if anything purely because I hate working on lowered vehicles.

Comment

• Yep 900lb is on the low side if you believe the internet but mine is an empty van. I think Spedwing and others recommended 1100lb for a camperfied T4..

Comment

How does the length of the spring effect the force the road exerts on the wheels or potential damage caused....

I am pissed?
                          It doesn’t but how hard you have the suspension to stopping it nodding down the road will.
                          Think the reason people go steel wheels when you are low is that they don’t crack. Not everything is done to be “scene”
                          900lb 5” springs crack eventually, shocks there are only 3 options of short shock which you will need for 5’s.
                          Sachs are too soft so the only options you have are gmax or gaz. I went gaz which are wound right up to hard & run 1100lb springs & my bus still nods a bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Biff View Post

It doesn’t but how hard you have the suspension to stopping it nodding down the road will.
                            Think the reason people go steel wheels when you are low is that they don’t crack. Not everything is done to be “scene”
                            900lb 5” springs crack eventually, shocks there are only 3 options of short shock which you will need for 5’s.
                            Sachs are too soft so the only options you have are gmax or gaz. I went gaz which are wound right up to hard & run 1100lb springs & my bus still nods a bit.
                            I cracked a banded steel. Not around the weld either, it was part of the original lol

I seriously highly rate the Sachs HD Super Touring, got them on both vans and the composure and handling are fantastic with no nodding as that was seriously annoying before I fitted them. A huge improvement to the nearly new OEM Sachs that came off it. They were terrible, used to bounce seemingly endlessly all over the place and undulations in the road felt like being in stormy seas on a floating barn door.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
                            #vanlife

Comment

• Floating tailgate would have kept you drier.
                              Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

• Possibly every van in use is load different , the passengers weight to the loads nett and gross carried. Its a compromise from empty to fully laden. Off the shelf solutions for lowered vans is just another factor to chuck-in.

The Sachs HD's are designed for a 50mm drop (?iirc) and to keep the same properties as the standard oem shock. They are great shocks at that sort of ride height. Go lower may just make them as crap as the rest.

I've got adjustable Gaz shortened shocks fitted too, 2/3rds of the adjustment is a waste of the adjustment function as theyre too soft to drive with even on a stripped canvas, which stinks of design compromise or lack of design. Complete waste of money for the real range you actually get.

Faulkner are great to deal with and extremely helpful and will design a spring for you at a cost otherwise the off the shelf ranges need to be matched with your nett and gross loads. Their range is more than enough to meet most van ride height designs. But, its still only as good as the shock fitted. Bilstein B8's (£ ouch) maybe the only shock designed for real "lows" or retro fitting an airride system (£ ouch) to keep your van at scene levels with any load carried.
                                Last edited by Activ8; 25 August 2021, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X