No announcement yet.

My second T4, operation de-chav

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L469 "Grown" (as in groan) with a little chrome, red highlights and whitewall tyres . Whats not to like!

Comment

• So, I put it off, procrastinated and generally did anything but sort my van.

I knew what had to be done but had no mojo

so Friday, short day at work, I had a word with myself.... sort your fucking van out.

All in, must have taken about 25 minutes tops and it went so well, I dunno what I was thinking.

Pull front panel off and into service mode

fire up lappy, 12233, set adaption back to stock on the pump

slacken bolts on the pump lid, set the lappy monitoring measuring block 15 - looking for 3-5 ideally 4

hit pump with hammer, peer at lappy screen through window, hit pump again

3.8 - 4.0

tighten pump bolts

quick check on timing

turn off lappy, rad back and panel on.

running lovely, contemplated making a video of it running spot on just to annoy Tommy P, CBA.

Then I washed it and realised the paint is flat and horrible and feels like wet and dry

polished os wing, shoulder crying in agony, gave up.

Comment

• Well done Reg.
        Sorry to hear about your xhoulder.

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
          So, I put it off, procrastinated and generally did anything but sort my van.

I knew what had to be done but had no mojo

so Friday, short day at work, I had a word with myself.... sort your fucking van out.

All in, must have taken about 25 minutes tops and it went so well, I dunno what I was thinking.

Pull front panel off and into service mode

fire up lappy, 12233, set adaption back to stock on the pump

slacken bolts on the pump lid, set the lappy monitoring measuring block 15 - looking for 3-5 ideally 4

hit pump with hammer, peer at lappy screen through window, hit pump again

3.8 - 4.0

tighten pump bolts

quick check on timing

turn off lappy, rad back and panel on.

running lovely, contemplated making a video of it running spot on just to annoy Tommy P, CBA.

Then I washed it and realised the paint is flat and horrible and feels like wet and dry

polished os wing, shoulder crying in agony, gave up.

Anybody want to see a vid of my van running loooooovely cracking the enigma code of the hammer mod is so satisfying, despite going against the grain of hitting things with a hammer .

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
            Sorry to hear about your shoulder.

Misspent youth , old age catches up with us all

Comment

• Go on Reg. post a video. Gotta give Tommy some stick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post

I suspect its more likely the result of kayaking , sea sport injury Kev.... although that hammer making one of the early man pics could of been a cause? ;-)
                Last edited by Activ8; 20 June 2021, 09:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                  I suspect its more likely the result of kayaking , sea sport injury Kev.... although that hammer making one of the early man pics could of been a cause? ;-)
                  Yep, going out in surf that was way too big for a kayak, not making it out the back before the next big set rolled in and getting back flipped hard. That was three years ago and it's still weak. Any repetitive cyclic motion of the shoulder is a no-go, trying to polish with any effort is a killer, just using the sponge to wash the van is enough. To give you an idea of how painful it is, I'm actually contemplating paying someone to polish it for me.

Yeah - this as well.

Comment

• Currently going over pages one and two with a fine toothed comb. Proving a gold mine of info for my up coming paint job.

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                      Currently going over pages one and two with a fine toothed comb. Proving a gold mine of info for my up coming paint job.
                      Any questions or advice required don't be shy, I'm no expert but know a thing or two. I've got that how to spray paint video I could host again if you want to be really bored, its a very good if somewhat dated instructional video from Billy rae cyrus' brother.

Meanwhile, after driving a stock AJT 88bhp - I realised how much livelier my van is, you get used to the power. It has been in Tuning Lab for a week, hopefully pick it up this weekend, then I can put the new wheels on and maybe some more lows...

Comment

• The paint vid was really useful and worth a leisurely watch with a cider or three....

Looking forward to the next De-Chav installment.
                        Last edited by Activ8; 16 July 2021, 05:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post

Any questions or advice required don't be shy, I'm no expert but know a thing or two. I've got that how to spray paint video I could host again if you want to be really bored, its a very good if somewhat dated instructional video from Billy rae cyrus' brother.

Meanwhile, after driving a stock AJT 88bhp - I realised how much livelier my van is, you get used to the power. It has been in Tuning Lab for a week, hopefully pick it up this weekend, then I can put the new wheels on and maybe some more lows...
                          I'd be interested in seeing the hillbilly spray video

Sent from my Nokia 2.4 using Just T4s

Comment

• Me too. Always happy to learn more stuff.

Comment

• First proper drive today, accidentally cut up a cooper S on a mini roundabout, he was sat at the roundabout on my right as I approached, he sat there and sat there so I thought, sod this, I'm going....as I took off so did he - typical.
                              I just gave it a big load of pedal, the inside front lit up and howled like a 80's us cop car chase, and I probably filled him in fair with soot.

Then he just tailgated me as we left town onto tight B roads, 80+ wouldn't shake him and I had to keep slowing too much to get round corners so he had the edge there. After a mile or 3 he backed of as it was getting a bit silly.

Anyway, boost is back at the 1.2 bar requested by the mapper, the diff is starting to whine a bit and coolant light came on, I was loosing coolant before I did the cambelt and that was verified as the water pump, so hopefully it was just air getting burped out of the system due to spirited driving. Best book it back on the dyno, poor boys my wheels and fit them, claybar the paint, fit the 5" springs and finish the a pillar trimming.....in time for 'pod.

Yes Kev, I have the requisite wanky beard, man bag and twatty shoes for the 5" faulkners.

Comment

• Is it as expected Reg?
                                I would of thought it'd be burning v clean with the DS Gibontas (0.24's?)?

Did you fit that ACV gearbox & TT clutch?

Comment

Working...
                                X