Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
    Wants a tap on the front with a de chav stick
    It does come with original parts, and yes what an ugly miserable front end, cant believe they made and sold more than one.

Nice paint and vivid interior if chrome and flames is your thing, I'd rather that than bloody skulls/snakes/eagles/wolves.

Intercooler in bumper for asthetics.
    - doesn't work then...on both counts.

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post

Feck knows, it's just numbers, you could work it out as degrees advance, but then you'd just have more numbers. Ignore the theory, do what your good at....
      Fucking it up it is then!

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
      #vanlife

Comment

• Trial and error TP, you'll crack it bud.

Comment

• Quick thanks to fruitbat for giving me the incentive to go out today and do some work on my van, yeah it meant jacking the van back up again, undertray off, and removing the front mount intercooler to get a decent view of the front edge of the pump.
          I put a small disc in the dremel and put a couple of reference line between the base housing of the pump, the intermediate housing which holds the QA and the top cover.
          The plan was to use these as a reference to adjust the QA again as although it idled OK, it would hang up a bit when coming off the revs and wasn't quite right. A TD pump displays a similar trait when you go too far on the fuel screw and the idle spring cant compensate properly.

Anyway that was the plan but it turned out Fruitbats advice was good, tapping the top of the pump, letting it settle and trying it was the solution. Too much QA and the hunting idle came back, too little QA, the idle dropped away and there was poor response from the throttle pedal. Exactly like adjusting the fuel screw on a real man's pump.

It was the case of finding that sweet spot, which has left me with a high idle but that's down to the map. I'm going back to Tuning Lab to get it finished - hopefully...

Cheers Kev for motivating my sorry arse.

Comment

• Thanks , I’m happy that my post and video inspired and helped you

send me a vid when the van is all sorted .

Comment

• Finally, only now just been back to the beginning of your thread to check out the backstory and all your hard work… only ever read your recent updates.
              Apart from your back bumper (sorry, not my cuppa, but not my van - can't unsee the fact that Darth Vader has been reversed over), you've achieved some top results with undeniable fine workmanship.
              Top skills indeed there Mr Cheeseman, I doff my cap!

Comment

• Originally posted by No Sliders View Post
                Finally, only now just been back to the beginning of your thread to check out the backstory and all your hard work… only ever read your recent updates.
                Apart from your back bumper (sorry, not my cuppa, but not my van - can't unsee the fact that Darth Vader has been reversed over), you've achieved some top results with undeniable fine workmanship.
                Don’t encourage him please. Didn’t you read the sign? “Do not feed the Big Cheese”

#vanlife

Comment

Finally, only now just been back to the beginning of your thread to check out the backstory and all your hard work… only ever read your recent updates.
                  Cheers! It's come a long way from that ugly white van I bought cheap.

I love the rear splitter.

Comment

Ignoring the blatant brown nosing, you're relatively new here so we can see past that, the real question is what colour do you think his van is?

P.s. for the future, please don't feed the monkey with compliments. He is alergic to them. It upsets his delicate friendly balance and he will start being mean again.
                    Thank you.
                    Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

• Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post

Ignoring the blatant brown nosing, you're relatively new here so we can see past that, the real question is what colour do you think his van is?

P.s. for the future, please don't feed the monkey with compliments. He is alergic to them. It upsets his delicate friendly balance and he will start being mean again.
                      Thank you.
                      Ha, ha! Sounds like I should of been a bit more cutting with my opinion on that rear bumper just to balance things out a bit.

My immediate thoughts with the colour was anthracite grey (L469 apparently)…

Click image for larger version

Name:	917434.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	436.5 KB
ID:	326072

Comment

Ha, ha! Sounds like I should of been a bit more cutting with my opinion on that rear bumper just to balance things out a bit.

My immediate thoughts with the colour was anthracite grey (L469 apparently)…

Click image for larger version

Name:	917434.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	436.5 KB
ID:	326072
                        Wrong, it’s ‘Grown’ paint code A45E

#vanlife

Comment

• Originally posted by TommyP View Post

Wrong, it’s ‘Grown’ paint code A45E

Aah yep, of course! Must admit, mine's a bit of a growny colour depending on the light - bit lighter though.

Can we get a 'team grown' please admins?

Comment

• It's green. He knows it, we all know it and so do you.

Comment

• Purest green like on Blackadder?

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                                Purest green like on Blackadder?
                                Yep. Green.
                                One day he will admit it.

Comment

Working...
                                X