My second T4, operation de-chav

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lol, pahaha TP.
    Your Deloreain't Van needs a kick in the Futures bud as 112bhp don't cut it in Modern Mans World despite your simplistic USP of a two tool repair strategy. ;-)

If you reached 200bhp with the torque to match you'd become a Cult in the Western hemisphere with ten's of followers, all keen to travel back in time to revisit their Grandfathers Fathers tech, dissentry & wear heavy woollen underwear because they lived in the Dark.

Don't you go worrying yourself about us lot with sense or somethings we'll wait for you to catch up bud.... carry on.

Last edited by Activ8; 11 May 2021, 07:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post
      For those of us who don't know, what the chuff is the hammer mod?

Why do I get the feeling I've just fallen into a trap.
      Like the time I bought a Matayogi.
      Its the tool of choice & persuasion when the vans IQ is more than the owner wants it to be.

Comment

• Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post

Is that really it? That's the famous hammer mod? Can't be...
        It's not.

And I didn't use a hammer, because I have the correct tools to do it properly.

Oh sorry, cant actually do it 'properly' because it's not a valid technique - unless Bosch do it themselves and train their techs to do the same?

And nope Tommy, at cold start the pump is spinning so slowly the vane pump creates next to no pressure, yes that solenoid bleeds pressure to retard the timing

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
          Lol, pahaha TP.
          Your Deloreain't Van needs a kick in the Futures bud as 112bhp don't cut it in Modern Mans World despite your simplistic USP of a two tool repair strategy. ;-)

If you reached 200bhp with the torque to match you'd become a Cult in the Western hemisphere with ten's of followers, all keen to travel back in time to revisit their Grandfathers Fathers tech, dissentry & wear heavy woollen underwear because they lived in the Dark.

Don't you go worrying yourself about us lot with sense or somethings we'll wait for you to catch up bud.... carry on.

Second time I’ve spat my tea out today , first time was to do with a pug 508 ahhhh what a day
          Last edited by Activ8; 11 May 2021, 08:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post

It's not.

Oh sorry, cant actually do it 'properly' because it's not a valid technique - unless Bosch do it themselves and train their techs to do the same?

And nope Tommy, at cold start the pump is spinning so slowly the vane pump creates next to no pressure, yes that solenoid bleeds pressure to retard the timing
            But.... but.... but, in your tickover video the final shot was deliberately of your large ball peined swing-o-meter "Thor"! Bet you've got a little toffee hammer for the delicate jobs?

Interestingly Bosch refer to the supply pump pressure as a "characteristic"... odd I thought. Characteristically at 750rpm the pressure is a mere 3.4 - 4.0 bar.

So out of interest what version of QA map is the ECU actually running? Can I help?

Comment

It's not.

Is the pressure not being created by the pump head then and what’s released back into the casing after being spilled?

What you say sounds logical though as the PRV is in the vane pump region. Hmmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
              #vanlife

Comment

Lol, pahaha TP.

NONSENSE AND YOU KNOW IT!

You’ve been in it and won’t go into detail to all the boys and girls about your sense of amazement at my marvel. Nor the comments regarding the “limitless potential” of the mTdi......

But I’m not daft Robert, I know what your game is, goading me into rushing back to the rollers! You’ve hassled me multiple times about getting the pump setup and test it again! You need to be patient grasshopper, good things come to those that wait now contain your excitement.

#vanlife

Comment

• Originally posted by TommyP View Post

NONSENSE AND YOU KNOW IT!

You’ve been in it and won’t go into detail to all the boys and girls about your sense of amazement at my marvel. Nor the comments regarding the “limitless potential” of the mTdi......

But I’m not daft Robert, I know what your game is, goading me into rushing back to the rollers! You’ve hassled me multiple times about getting the pump setup and test it again! You need to be patient grasshopper, good things come to those that wait now contain your excitement.

Rob riding shotgun ?

Comment

Is the pressure not being created by the pump head then and what’s released back into the casing after being spilled?

What you say sounds logical though as the PRV is in the vane pump region. Hmmmm

Yep you got it, pump casing and advance mech are subject to low pressure 40psi? max from the lift pump, controlled by the bypass valve, changing the bypass could give more pump pressure and more advance, but that's not the way to do it. more travel and a softer spring rate is the way to go. still doesn't give you loads of advance at start

Comment

Yep you got it, pump casing and advance mech are subject to low pressure 40psi? max from the lift pump, controlled by the bypass valve, changing the bypass could give more pump pressure and more advance, but that's not the way to do it. more travel and a softer spring rate is the way to go. still doesn't give you loads of advance at start

Ah okay, I’m after playing around for the opposite, mine is spring only with no bleed valve so can only be advancing too soon. It’s got to be enough pressure to advance for cold starting in the Tdi.

Have you ever measured the advance range of the DA with a pump apart? Would be interesting to know. I checked the cold start mechanism on the mech pumps to be about +0.2mm of extra lift.

#vanlife

Comment

• DA - At full chat 4.7 - 6.3mm , 7.3 to 7.9 bar.

Comment

• https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Transp....m46890.l49286
                          Wow same front as urs had

Sent from my XQ-AD51 using Just T4s

Comment

DA - At full chat 4.7 - 6.3mm , 7.3 to 7.9 bar.
                            How does that relate to lift?

#vanlife

Comment

• Originally posted by Team robinson View Post
                              https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Transp....m46890.l49286
                              Wow same front as urs had

Sent from my XQ-AD51 using Just T4s
                              Wants a tap on the front with a de chav stick

Comment

How does that relate to lift?

Feck knows, it's just numbers, you could work it out as degrees advance, but then you'd just have more numbers. Ignore the theory, do what your good at....

Comment

Working...
                                X