Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post

Yep, preload wound right off
    Stick a 64mm compressor wheel on it at 19psi with a small tweak to the fuelling = 230bhp.

Comment

• Went out for a spin earlier with Josh riding shotgun with a camera

Doesn't seem as smoky as it was last night, idle hasn't got any better

Starts easy, and the cold stinky white Stanadyne stink is gone

I sold my door cards to a mate, so I need to get on with the spare ones, No Slider's amazing job has also stirred me into action, first the cards got stripped and doused in degreaser and scrubbed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210312_171007[1].jpg
Views:	291
Size:	129.7 KB
ID:	321608

Rinsed and washed down with fairy liquid, rinsed again and scrubbed with sugar soap

Name:	IMG_20210312_174249[1].jpg
Views:	296
Size:	134.5 KB
ID:	321609

Cut some circles out of plastic, welded them into the redundant window winder holes and then splodged with JB Weld

Name:	IMG_20210312_203327[1].jpg
Views:	284
Size:	137.8 KB
ID:	321610

Gave the door handles the first coat of Wurth dye, dabbing with the sponge to try and keep the texture

Name:	IMG_20210312_203347[1].jpg
Views:	293
Size:	161.2 KB
ID:	321611

Need another coat but looking good

Comment

• Tidy job Reg.
        Was that still running without the preload?
        It should still peak at 19psi.

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
          It should still peak at 19psi.
          it might do , who knows?? Goes like stink..

Comment

it might do , who knows?? Goes like stink..
            The map peaks at 19psi.
            I can remap and knock the fuelling back on tickover if you require, just send me the current file. If you want the boost limit raising & capping at the MAP sensor range that'll give you additional adjustment on the preload.
            Is it still going into limp with more fuel / energy off of those 0.24's?

Lovely burble from the exhaust on tickover and the smoke run vids.

Comment

• This is seriously highly sexual stuff Reggie. Keep posting as much info as you like. I can’t get enough of this tuning shit.

Which clutch and fly did you go for?

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
              #vanlife

Comment

The map peaks at 19psi.

Lovely burble from the exhaust on tickover and the smoke run vids.
                Does it? I'm on the -20% map and I've had 25 psi out of it?

Yeah it sounds really fit at the moment, lots of compressor whistle through the K&N setup - which is now mounted up on pillars.

Name:	IMG_20210309_174113[1].jpg
Views:	279
Size:	709.2 KB
ID:	321656

Comment

Does it? I'm on the -20% map and I've had 25 psi out of it?

Yeah it sounds really fit at the moment, lots of compressor whistle through the K&N setup - which is now mounted up on pillars.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210309_174113[1].jpg Views:	0 Size:	709.2 KB ID:	321656
                  I don't recall the specifics , without your preload adjuster max on the ECU is 19psi for that compressor but reads like its at the top of the sensor range already. Reinstall the original map and the 100% full power predecessor.
                  Run that and If you want the smoke reducing I'll do it for you.
                  Last edited by Activ8; 14 March 2021, 01:52 AM.

Comment

• Started on the door cards today, first up carpet the top half, top tip, don't try and use HTA adhesive on veltrim or at least don't try and apply it by brush, way too easy to apply too much and it bleeds through, I coated the panel in HTA and the fabric in spray contact adhesive.

Name:	IMG_20210316_104727.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	676.7 KB
ID:	321774

And then first coat of Wurth dye, camera has picked up the streaks very well. Should be better when dried and even better when re-coated (hopefully)

Name:	IMG_20210316_121133.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	701.0 KB
ID:	321775

Dash and the A pillars are next...

Comment

Started on the door cards today, first up carpet the top half, top tip, don't try and use HTA adhesive on veltrim or at least don't try and apply it by brush, way too easy to apply too much and it bleeds through, I coated the panel in HTA and the fabric in spray contact adhesive.

Name:	IMG_20210316_104727.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	676.7 KB
ID:	321774

And then first coat of Wurth dye, camera has picked up the streaks very well. Should be better when dried and even better when re-coated (hopefully)

Name:	IMG_20210316_121133.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	701.0 KB
ID:	321775

Dash and the A pillars are next...
                      It will be better with a second coat. I did mine twice and they’re great. It’s amazing how much doing my dash in black and then the bulkhead and headlining in black carpet, has transformed my work van. The last bit will be what you’ve just done, the door cards. I was planning on the same, carpet top and dye bottom.

#vanlife

Comment

• Second coat on, reassembled, and back in the van

Name:	IMG_20210318_145910.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	704.6 KB
ID:	321875

Comment

• Nice touch with the trim (chrome?) strip between the upper carpeted section.

Comment

Nice touch with the trim (chrome?) strip between the upper carpeted section.
                            Thanks, I had some strips of oak that would have matched the floor but they looked rubbish, so as much as I hate chrome I thought I'd try it, seems to work. matches the trim rings on the dials too.

Just some cheapo 6mm wide plastic chrome strip from ebay, seems to have stuck down ok which is good

Comment

• Yep, looks the tits. Last bit of my work van to do. The chrome is far too posh for mine though.

#vanlife

Comment

• 192 bhp on the rollers, cant get the fecker to idle clean though

Well....Idles clean but not smooth, like a drag tractor the dyno operator commented.
                                Last edited by regcheeseman; 26 March 2021, 11:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X