No announcement yet.

My second T4, operation de-chav

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few MORE hours and only one wheel finished. Ouch! That's a level of commitment I can only dream of.
    Me cago en la madre que te pariĆ³!

Comment

• Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post
      A few MORE hours and only one wheel finished. Ouch! That's a level of commitment I can only dream of.
      About 3 hours so far, and that one wheel is not finished, there's still the odd blob of lacquer on it. Then it's masking paint and polishing/waxing. I could have bought a decent set of wheels with the time wasted.

Comment

• What wheel colour scheme are you prepping them all for....

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

• You have more patients than most

Sent from my LG-H870 using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
            What wheel colour scheme are you prepping them all for....

Activ8 came up with the winning plan - effectively combining practicality and bling factor.

I now have a litre of (F) orange paint going spare....subtle roof rack repaint instead?

Comment

• Orange side bars, wiper arms, rear spoiler, wing mirrors and matching roof rack perhaps?

Comment

Orange side bars, wiper arms, rear spoiler, wing mirrors and matching roof rack perhaps?

I was thinking of following the Porsche GT3RS colour scheme to make a GT4RS - orange intercooler grille, mirrors and orange graphics - but then I would have to change the thread title to 'operation re-chav"

No rear spoiler (removed earlier) or side bars (yet)but there is a rear splitter diffuser and deep front splitter waiting to go on

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                  I was thinking of following the Porsche GT3RS colour scheme to make a GT4RS - orange intercooler grille, mirrors and orange graphics - but then I would have to change the thread title to 'operation re-chav"

No rear spoiler (removed earlier) or side bars (yet)but there is a rear splitter diffuser and deep front splitter waiting to go on
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	Flyer 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	262218
                  Sounds like a plan Reg?

Comment

• Seems like plan B now...

The shiny surface I was revealing isn't the alloy but a hard anodise, I'd marked it in a few places so started to polish it and then cut through revealing mirror finish underneath. It's hard as nails, there's no way I can polish all of it off as I've run out of arsed.

Time for the orange paint.

Comment

Seems like plan B now...

The shiny surface I was revealing isn't the alloy but a hard anodise, I'd marked it in a few places so started to polish it and then cut through revealing mirror finish underneath. It's hard as nails, there's no way I can polish all of it off as I've run out of arsed.

Time for the orange paint.
                      Why not grey to match the van with orange reveals...

Comment

• Look forward to seeing the end result

Sent from my LG-H870 using Just T4s

Comment

Why not grey to match the van with orange reveals...

This seems like a good compromise. You van is too classy for orange wheels. Don't do it.
                          Me cago en la madre que te pariĆ³!

Comment

• Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post
                            This seems like a good compromise. You van is too classy for orange wheels. Don't do it.
                            Cheers for the compliment, I think any kind of brightly painted highlight/ insert on a wheel looks about as tacky as you can get, bright orange wheels are at least a class level up from that.

But it is a lot of wheel and it will be a lot of orange.

Comment

Cheers for the compliment, I think any kind of brightly painted highlight/ insert on a wheel looks about as tacky as you can get,
                              Agreed, but it was a suggestion to balance the colour and support your desire for an orange roof rack. 🤔

Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                              bright orange wheels are at least a class level up from that.
                              😂

Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                              Agreed - but it worked nicely on the '06 998 GT3RS. The Porsche roof rack was silver aluminium. 😉

Comment

Cheers for the compliment, I think any kind of brightly painted highlight/ insert on a wheel looks about as tacky as you can get, bright orange wheels are at least a class level up from that.

Well call me Mr Tacky[emoji23]

Tom

Comment

Working...
                                X