Page 11 of 171 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 1701
  1. #101
    Jonnybigballs85's Avatar Unemployed (Platinum)
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Yeovil
    Posts
    1,387
    Thanks
    397
    Thanked 410 Times in 330 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by regcheeseman View Post
    Started by doing some cad work today, using my favourite 'package' - cheerios



    There were 3 version before I got close to the final design, which was then copied onto some 10mm ally plate.

    I started with a jigsaw first and that was very slow and killed a new blade within minutes (about 8mm cut)

    So then I tried an old wood jack saw - that was quicker but soon went blunt

    Then I tried a hack saw with a coarse blade, slow going and heavy work.

    So I bust out the grinder, lots of noise and dust.....



    Everything got really hot, the grinder and the workpiece.

    But finally got something roughly cut out



    Which I have started to clean up with a file and a flap wheel in the grinder



    It's getting there....
    Reg is it not dangerous to be using power tools, especially a grinder with no trousers on?




    Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

  2. #102
    Sirfbum's Avatar Privileged
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Bucks
    Posts
    1,716
    Thanks
    277
    Thanked 393 Times in 346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by regcheeseman View Post
    Nearly forgot one piccy...

    I ordered some paint using the colour code RAL "f*cking orange"



    Subtle.
    Nice!


    Sent using Just T4s

  3. #103
    regcheeseman's Avatar Privileged
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    North Devon
    Posts
    3,798
    Thanks
    77
    Thanked 1,996 Times in 1,261 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnybigballs85 View Post
    Reg is it not dangerous to be using power tools, especially a grinder with no trousers on? ]
    It's more dangerous for you to keep peeking through the crack in my garage door whilst I'm doing it.

  4. #104
    Grubb05's Avatar Unemployed (Platinum)
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Penguin, Tasmania, Australia
    Posts
    1,464
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 295 Times in 269 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnybigballs85 View Post
    Reg is it not dangerous to be using power tools, especially a grinder with no trousers on?




    Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
    How did you expect him to make a template of it without taking his trousers off. 😬
    Impressive Reg 😀

    Sent from my LG-H870 using Just T4s

  5. #105
    robbie#t4's Avatar You need to get out more (Gold)
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    922
    Thanks
    116
    Thanked 178 Times in 161 Posts
    peeping toms!
    Reg you should start charging them for watching!

    Loving the orange! What were the callipers from? And what size disc are you going to use?


    Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

  6. #106
    regcheeseman's Avatar Privileged
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    North Devon
    Posts
    3,798
    Thanks
    77
    Thanked 1,996 Times in 1,261 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robbie#t4 View Post
    peeping toms!
    Reg you should start charging them for watching!

    Loving the orange! What were the callipers from? And what size disc are you going to use?

    Calipers are merc brembo four pots from a big old c class, plenty about and cheap.

    The idea was to get them to fit with the standard alhambra/galaxy vr6 upgrade discs that everyone uses but there's no way with later T4 hubs so I've just gone for bigger audi a8 discs - 345mm I think.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to regcheeseman For This Useful Post:

    rtag319 (16th October 2017)

  8. #107
    robbie#t4's Avatar You need to get out more (Gold)
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    922
    Thanks
    116
    Thanked 178 Times in 161 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by regcheeseman View Post
    Calipers are merc brembo four pots from a big old c class, plenty about and cheap.

    The idea was to get them to fit with the standard alhambra/galaxy vr6 upgrade discs that everyone uses but there's no way with later T4 hubs so I've just gone for bigger audi a8 discs - 345mm I think.
    Ah nice, cheers! Will be watching to see how these progress!
    You may be asked about making some more brackets if its an easy task to fit them!


    Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

  9. #108
    regcheeseman's Avatar Privileged
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    North Devon
    Posts
    3,798
    Thanks
    77
    Thanked 1,996 Times in 1,261 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robbie#t4 View Post
    Ah nice, cheers! Will be watching to see how these progress!
    You may be asked about making some more brackets if its an easy task to fit them!


    Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
    You can ask - you wont get.

    The idea was to make a bolt on kit - but the discs are too thick and need 1mm taking off each face meaning it's not a simple bolt on job.

    If you can find some 345 ish diameter discs with a 112x5 mounting and max thickness of 28mm then I may be able to help.

  10. #109
    robbie#t4's Avatar You need to get out more (Gold)
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    922
    Thanks
    116
    Thanked 178 Times in 161 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by regcheeseman View Post
    You can ask - you wont get.

    The idea was to make a bolt on kit - but the discs are too thick and need 1mm taking off each face meaning it's not a simple bolt on job.

    If you can find some 345 ish diameter discs with a 112x5 mounting and max thickness of 28mm then I may be able to help.
    Could you not machine 1mm off the face with a lathe?


    Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

  11. #110
    regcheeseman's Avatar Privileged
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    North Devon
    Posts
    3,798
    Thanks
    77
    Thanked 1,996 Times in 1,261 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robbie#t4 View Post
    Could you not machine 1mm off the face with a lathe?


    Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
    that's the plan, having to call in a favour though as there's no way the disc will fit in my lathe.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •