X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My second T4, operation de-chav

Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
    I don't need to look cool - the more you know, the less you need to show

So after a bit of a cry about not being cool, I decided to clean my bland dullsville audi 5 spokes up.

Then I coated then in some paramose (think nitromors before the tree huggers made it dolphin friendly) and hit them with the pressure washer

Another cupole of coats of paramose and blasting and they now look like this.

Now I don't know if I want to focus the cleaning a bit more and bring the polished faces back up or just continue with the original orange paint plan...

While I have the wheels of I thought I'd best test them over the new brakes , and eyeing the two items up side by side didn't look good.

Thankfully the wheels fit over just perfect...

Don't think 16s would fit, it might be pretty damn tight, nothing with much dish either as the back of the spokes run pretty close.

Yes Dave - about 10mm!
    Not sure I’d paint them orange if the callipers are orange too. Maybe black to show off the callipers? Or gun metal grey?

Tom
    Last edited by Sirfbum; 19 November 2017, 11:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sirfbum View Post
      Not sure I’d paint them orange if the callipers are orange too. Maybe black to show off the callipers? Or gun metal grey?

Tom
      They were black!

Calipers may not stay orange - still need a coat of paint.

But then I'm a slut so wheels wouldn't stay orange/polished and the calipers would just be a manky dirty colour after a few weeks.

Comment

• Polished or silver faces with the openings in your vans anthracite grey but keeping with the orange callipers. Orange wheel bolts or caps.

everything we*hear is an opinion,*not a fact.*
        everything we see is a perspective,*not the truth

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
          Polished or silver faces with the openings in your vans anthracite grey but keeping with the orange callipers. Orange wheel bolts or caps.

Yeah, grey and orange would look good.

Tom

Comment

• Originally posted by Sirfbum View Post
            Yeah, grey and orange would look good.

Tom
            Or grey & orange sticker bombed then lacqured with chromed callipers...

Comment

Or grey & orange sticker bombed then lacqured with chromed callipers...
              Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
              Polished or silver faces with the openings in your vans anthracite grey but keeping with the orange callipers. Orange wheel bolts or caps.
              Liking your style, not sure I'm yoof enough to run sticker bombed, hydro dipped wheels was an option I considered, but then I also considered a nice bright pink - mostly because I thought it was time to come out as a raging homo.

Chromed calipers..... powder coat?

Comment

• Come out? you've been screaming for years
                Jebem ti nanu u trulu sisu

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                  Liking your style, not sure I'm yoof enough to run sticker bombed, hydro dipped wheels was an option I considered, but then I also considered a nice bright pink - mostly because I thought it was time to come out as a raging homo.

Chromed calipers..... powder coat?
                  I think Will from Tidy Transporters runs his Anthracite T5 (I motion like Spit the Dog) on pink rims to match the grey & pink trimmed interior so you'll not be alone...

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

I think Will from Tidy Transporters runs his Anthracite T5 (I motion like Spit the Dog) on pink rims to match the grey & pink trimmed interior so you'll not be alone...

Actually wasn't that one of your song choices... "I think I'm alone now?"

Comment

There's actually a horrific personal story related to that song that I related to my forum colleagues whilst drunk at a vw caddy weekender, I now have a custom status on my member profile of "I think we're alone now'

Comment

There's actually a horrific personal story related to that song that I related to my forum colleagues whilst drunk at a vw caddy weekender, I now have a custom status on my member profile of "I think we're alone now'
                        Originally posted by Activ8 View Post

Apologies. A lot of songs have both good and bad memories associated with them.

Comment

Apologies. A lot of songs have both good and bad memories associated with them.

Oh it's a good memory - just not one you should ever let slip whilst drunk.

Comment

Oh it's a good memory - just not one you should ever let slip whilst drunk.
                            [emoji15] You're not a Scientologist are you? [emoji15]

Comment

• nope - pastafarian.

Comment

• Few more hours working the paramose in and scraping with a plastic scraper - the standard lacquer is good stuff.

One wheel nearly done

Comment

Working...
                                X