Page 101 of 172 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1714
    regcheeseman's Avatar Privileged
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,013 Times in 1,272 Posts
    The wires that come out if your map sensor, do they point in the same direction as airflow. Could mine be in the wrong way or the sensor not recording the total airflow and the iq setting has been limited for the air it thinks is available?

Mind you with the smog that's coming out the back at the mo I think I have a genuine lack of air, be it boost or just intake volume.

Activ8's Avatar Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,645 Times in 2,856 Posts

Have you got the anti judder valve still fitted? There's an input - I'm guessing - from this, could be just numerical 2D map which is linked somehow to IQ/torque delivery.
    Think I found a switch that turns the boost off completely! Just about to try it!! Plus more related to the bi-turbo setup..... splitting the air across two MAFs ... could be handy for locating a second air flow feed?

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Thanks

Been offered another GRF gearbox this afternoon for 40.
    Picked up the 6 gear change mech and cables and had a look at the GRF drive shafts.
    What do you need?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by regcheeseman View Post
    The wires that come out if your map sensor, do they point in the same direction as airflow. Could mine be in the wrong way or the sensor not recording the total airflow and the iq setting has been limited for the air it thinks is available?

Mind you with the smog that's coming out the back at the mo I think I have a genuine lack of air, be it boost or just intake volume.
    Good shout. I think as long as the sensor is inline with the airflow it wouldn't make any difference?
    You're using the original AJT boost pipe and 2.5 bar sensor I assume? Check the part number.
    Have you got another 2.5bar MAP sensor you could try?

Did some more work on this today.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Activ8 View Post
    Good shout. I think as long as the sensor is inline with the airflow it wouldn't make any difference?
    You're using the original AJT boost pipe and 2.5 bar sensor I assume? Check the part number.
    Have you got another 2.5bar MAP sensor you could try?

Did some more work on this today.
    Original pipe and sensor.

Been offered another GRF gearbox this afternoon for 40.
    Picked up the 6 gear change mech and cables and had a look at the GRF drive shafts.
    What do you need?
    Output shaft and outrigger bearing housing

Have you got the anti judder valve still fitted? There's an input - I'm guessing - from this, could be just numerical 2D map which is linked somehow to IQ/torque delivery.
    Think I found a switch that turns the boost off completely! Just about to try it!! Plus more related to the bi-turbo setup..... splitting the air across two MAFs ... could be handy for locating a second air flow feed?
    Not fitted, No input from the anti judder - there's feedback from the solenoid that operates it as it throws up an error if disconnected so mine is still plugged in but plumbed to nothing - it can only feedback the state of the solenoid winding not any air pressure - I was tempted to just replace the solenoid with a resistor of similar value to the solenoid wiring.

Thanks
    Output shaft and outrigger bearing housing
    Nope - scratch that - just bought the lot from ebay with a pair of driveshafts to cut up as well.

Shifter mech and cable will be required, but I'll probably buy them when I get that far

Thanks
    Activ,

Been thinking more on my lack of boost problem.....

Trying to break it down to the mechanical side of things, the sort of things I understand.

Taking details from the logrun, the various IQ figures, are they just numbers entered into the number crunching? do any of them directly relate to the voltage applied to the Quantity adjuster? - Or can this voltage be logged from another measuring block?

Does the logrun shows that the N75 is doing the right sort of thing??? If so, and if the actual boost is less than the required boost should the N75 do nothing - or is it only applying pressure to the wastegate actuator at lower rpms when the torque/smoke limiter values mean that the turbo is making more boost than the required?

SOOOO.......

1 - If the Quantity adjuster is getting the right voltage (i.e. fuel is not being held back like it was before in semi-limp mis-timed mode) ,
    2 - there is air available via the intake (and the metered values seem to make sense),
    3 - the wastegate is not being told to open

Then there will be no other factor effecting the turbo boost and it must make the required boost - unless there is a mechanical problem (leak)

I need to also make sure that x voltage on the QA results in expected volume of fuel delivered? someone may have adapted IQ in the past or even hammer modded the pump without really know what was going on?

Thanks

Think I've worked out the boost control system.
    Can you do a logrun?
    Set the logging up from cold , static with just the ignition on.
    Temp Channel (?) / MAF (3) / MAP (11)
    First , ignition on but don't start the engine. Theres a pressure setting at ignition that gets written into the EEPROM as a reference for the drives Boost calcs.
    Next , no revving get the van up to coolant temp before making a run, do this at idle.
    Once up to temp (min. 80 degC) go for the logrun.
    Take it steady so we collate some data , then do a 3rd gear WOT run.
    Email me the data.

Thanks
    coolant up to temp at idle? that could take days.

Thanks

Been thinking more on my lack of boost problem.....
    Trying to break it down to the mechanical side of things, the sort of things I understand.
    I'm not sleeping much as its not resolved yet!
    Taking details from the logrun, the various IQ figures, are they just numbers entered into the number crunching?
    They ALL relate to maps I've written, ran and tested extensively.
    Do any of them directly relate to the voltage applied to the Quantity adjuster? -
    Or can this voltage be logged from another measuring block?
    All three "smoke maps" relate to the QA Voltage map written to deliver 51mg/s.
    The voltage map is also correct and delivers all the fuel required across the rev range to 51mg/s.
    There is a measuring block to review this.
    Does the logrun shows that the N75 is doing the right sort of thing???
    Yes, the N75 duty cycle was showing max closed as the boost pressure specified was not being met. Where it did change was to release pressure at the lower rev range values.
    It looked correct to me. Compare the map and logrun with v2 with Colins logrun that I sent to you.
    If so, and if the actual boost is less than the required boost should the N75 do nothing - or is it only applying pressure to the wastegate actuator at lower rpms when the torque/smoke limiter values mean that the turbo is making more boost than the required?
    I think you're asking good questions but missing the point.
    Irrelevant of ANYTHING modified to date you are still only getting 10psi (controlled) and ONLY 13 psi with NO control, no restrictions, no limiters & open pressure. Exactly the same as the OEM K14 setup.
    1 - If the Quantity adjuster is getting the right voltage (i.e. fuel is not being held back like it was before in semi-limp mis-timed mode) ,
    It is getting the correct voltage - all the way up to 51mg/s.
    2 - there is air available via the intake (and the metered values seem to make sense),
    From Channel 8 the ONLY fuel limiting factor will be the air supply and flow , to which the ECU will add fuel at 1:16 across the rev range.
    3 - the wastegate is not being told to open
    You have no "wastegate" control the top port is capped and hopefully sealed tight and closed.
    The side port is "open" and the control through it is made through the N75 adjusting the pressure.
    If you've pulled off all the "boost controls" , wheres the boost being lost as it can ONLY max out and freely spin up.
    Then there will be no other factor effecting the turbo boost and it must make the required boost - unless there is a mechanical problem (leak)
    I need to also make sure that x voltage on the QA results in expected volume of fuel delivered? someone may have adapted IQ in the past or even hammer modded the pump without really know what was going on?
    The voltage map is correct. The hammer mod (the daftest mod on an ECU controlled vehicle) would simply reposition the QA adding more fuel but its still limited to 5V.