• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you changed the MAF yet?
    Jebem ti nanu u trulu sisu

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Sausages View Post
      Have you changed the MAF yet?
      MAF in the last logrun was functioning fine. The key here is that nothing to date has changed the 10psi (n75 controlled) & 13psi (no control) Reg started out with. Changes are - from memory - 2.5"DP, exhaust manifold , turbo, inlet's been on & off, N75, MAP sensor, 3x different ECU maps, cloned replacement ECU, IMMO fixed, no faults logged / no MIL?. Crank sensor wiring fixed, timing double checked, new SMF & clutch.

Same mapping on identical AJT setups hits all set fuel / airflow / boost parameters with no faults.

Some new logruns are needed looking at the other sensors - TEMPS for fuel, coolant, oil, MAF , MAP.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

• Yep that's about it. Except still on original Map sensor.

I appreciated the lack of boost earlier. . .
        Some monkey spanker in a meriva or some such shit insisted on driving right up my chuff in a forty limit.
        I noticed there door mirrors were folded in and that really passes me off as well .

The Vauxhall got a fat slab of coal rolled on him with a side order of soot . Fair filled the road behind me. Twat didn't drive so close after that.

Comment

• Reg . Was thinking through your problem - well the vans problem! Quick thought about the EGR setup you're currently running? I know it's mapped out and you have an Allard fitted. What's plugged & plumbed in?

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
            Reg . Was thinking through your problem - well the vans problem! Quick thought about the EGR setup you're currently running? I know it's mapped out and you have an Allard fitted. What's plugged & plumbed in?

The EGR is plugged in but not plumbed.

It's limping all the time now - I can be just cruising along steady with very little loud pedal on, come to accelerate and it's gone into limp - I can live with it around town day to day and it still goes rapid, just catches me out on a run, I couldn't risk trying to overtake anything.

Gonna mock up a gearbox plate and some exhaust manifold flanges to get a load of laser cutting done.

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
              The EGR is plugged in but not plumbed.
              OK , good.
              Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
              It's limping all the time now - I can be just cruising along steady with very little loud pedal on, come to accelerate and it's gone into limp - I can live with it around town day to day and it still goes rapid, just catches me out on a run, I couldn't risk trying to overtake anything.
              Been thinking about this;
              Need a logrun from cold start with the temps displayed (Water/Air Temp/Fuel/Pressure) plus RPM Atmospheric Pressure / Boost Specified / Actual .
              Do you want to send me your original ECU I'll drop in a new map with a rewriten map reducing the boost?

Did you check any other pins / wiring in the ECU connectors ? You had that odd fuel temp reading last week?

Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
              Gonna mock up a gearbox plate and some exhaust manifold flanges to get a load of laser cutting done.
              Need some cash? What flanges are you making up? Something generic?

Comment

• OK , good.

Been thinking about this;
                Need a logrun from cold start with the temps displayed (Water/Air Temp/Fuel/Pressure) plus RPM Atmospheric Pressure / Boost Specified / Actual .
                Do you want to send me your original ECU I'll drop in a new map with a rewriten map reducing the boost?

I'll log run buit not too worried about a new map at this stage - I'll live with it

As you said the air and fuel seems right, the timing is ok - can't be the ECU holding anything back because of a duff sensor??

Need to get that wastegate + actuator out

Did you check any other pins / wiring in the ECU connectors ? You had that odd fuel temp reading last week?

Was it odd? I've seen it on other peoples vans and the figure in measuring blocks seemed sensible

Need some cash? What flanges are you making up? Something generic?

5 cyl exhaust flange and T3 turbo flange always need cash but you'd get them at cost if you are interested

flibble flibble flibble

Comment

flibble flibble flibble

As you said the air and fuel seems right, the timing is ok - can't be the ECU holding anything back because of a duff sensor??
                  Of course it could, example would be the air pressure sensor or a fault in the throttle position sensor.
                  My own experience Friday was the glitch in the coolant temp sensor. Unrecorded error for 6 seconds but threw the ECU into limp mode.

Comment

Of course it could, example would be the air pressure sensor or a fault in the throttle position sensor.
                    My own experience Friday was the glitch in the coolant temp sensor. Unrecorded error for 6 seconds but threw the ECU into limp mode.
                    Yes but in my particular situation the limp is due to lack of required boost.
                    Any other sensor issue would result in a fuel or air issue- as i dont have either. Ie the fuel and air are there to make the boost then the problem must be mechanical or bad reporting of the boost pressure. ( it isnt)

Comment

Yes but in my particular situation the limp is due to lack of required boost.
                      Any other sensor issue would result in a fuel or air issue- as i dont have either. Ie the fuel and air are there to make the boost then the problem must be mechanical or bad reporting of the boost pressure. ( it isnt)
                      I disagree.
                      My van IS also not making specified boost and going into limp with the new turbo. It's different to your problem as I was running 2.5bar before fitting the new hybrid turbo. So mines a turbo setup "delay/err" once I change the coolant sensor.

Been looking at the boost mapping this morning. The turbo pressure is broken down into Boost Calc / Wastegate / Boost Control / Control Adaption / Monitor / Shutdown . Inputs look like ATM sensor / Air Temp Sensor / Water Temp Sensor / Speed Sensor some new maps ATM / IQ & switches not seen / found before.

Working my way through the Shutdown routine to locate the inputs to help work it through. It's like watching coloured HEX dry but might help write a new log for road testing.

Comment

• The wires that come out if your map sensor, do they point in the same direction as airflow. Could mine be in the wrong way or the sensor not recording the total airflow and the iq setting has been limited for the air it thinks is available?

Mind you with the smog that's coming out the back at the mo I think I have a genuine lack of air, be it boost or just intake volume.

Comment

• Have you got the anti judder valve still fitted? There's an input - I'm guessing - from this, could be just numerical 2D map which is linked somehow to IQ/torque delivery.
                          Think I found a switch that turns the boost off completely! Just about to try it!! Plus more related to the bi-turbo setup..... splitting the air across two MAFs ... could be handy for locating a second air flow feed?

Comment

• Been offered another GRF gearbox this afternoon for £40.
                            Picked up the 6 gear change mech and cables and had a look at the GRF drive shafts.
                            What do you need?

Comment

The wires that come out if your map sensor, do they point in the same direction as airflow. Could mine be in the wrong way or the sensor not recording the total airflow and the iq setting has been limited for the air it thinks is available?

Mind you with the smog that's coming out the back at the mo I think I have a genuine lack of air, be it boost or just intake volume.
                              Good shout. I think as long as the sensor is inline with the airflow it wouldn't make any difference?
                              You're using the original AJT boost pipe and 2.5 bar sensor I assume? Check the part number.
                              Have you got another 2.5bar MAP sensor you could try?

Did some more work on this today.

Comment

Good shout. I think as long as the sensor is inline with the airflow it wouldn't make any difference?
                                You're using the original AJT boost pipe and 2.5 bar sensor I assume? Check the part number.
                                Have you got another 2.5bar MAP sensor you could try?

Did some more work on this today.
                                Original pipe and sensor.

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                                Been offered another GRF gearbox this afternoon for £40.
                                Picked up the 6 gear change mech and cables and had a look at the GRF drive shafts.
                                What do you need?
                                Output shaft and outrigger bearing housing

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                                Have you got the anti judder valve still fitted? There's an input - I'm guessing - from this, could be just numerical 2D map which is linked somehow to IQ/torque delivery.
                                Think I found a switch that turns the boost off completely! Just about to try it!! Plus more related to the bi-turbo setup..... splitting the air across two MAFs ... could be handy for locating a second air flow feed?
                                Not fitted, No input from the anti judder - there's feedback from the solenoid that operates it as it throws up an error if disconnected so mine is still plugged in but plumbed to nothing - it can only feedback the state of the solenoid winding not any air pressure - I was tempted to just replace the solenoid with a resistor of similar value to the solenoid wiring.

Comment

Working...
                                X