No announcement yet.

Swapping sausages - TDI conversion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just checked my map I played with a few weeks back for you and mine's coming in at 18 psi max with 55mg/s of fuel with a safety cut-off at 20 psi. ... what turbo are you running?

The figures pictured are from an Airmass Calculator, so the theoretical maximum outputs for the AFR & fuelling. 161bhp @ 5000rpm & 336Nm torque @ 2000. About 80-85% of this is normal. With a little tweeking the torque curve will run a little lower but right across to 3k.... it will pull like a train to 5k.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

• Its running the standard ahu wastegate turbo
      Jebem ti nanu u trulu sisu

Comment

• A K03 then so it's good for 20psi 1.3bar max

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
          A K03 then so it's good for 20psi 1.3bar max

Quick question , what would an abl turbo be for for psi wise ? Engines an AHU

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

• Run it at 15psi tops, maybe 14'ish psi without some form of variable control, with a cutoff at 16 psi but on a clean manifold. Personally I dump it for a K03, 2nd hand you can.pick them up for £25. Plus there's plenty of cheap billet wheel options to improve its standard efficiency. I know everyone runs to VNT'S for 'big power' but it's not necessary.

Comment

• Would the ko3 fit on the abl manifold ?

Comment

• Unsure depends on the donor vehicle for the turbo but your only a couple of gaskets, a few bolts and a 10mm plate away from making it fit ... have a go, Reg is your man on these 1.9's.

Comment

• Cheers for info dude , might have a fiddle in the new year , happy since having Tdi done but a little more poke is always nice [emoji13]

Comment

• Originally posted by spedwing View Post
                    Cheers for info dude , might have a fiddle in the new year , happy since having Tdi done but a little more poke is always nice [emoji13]

So you have an AHU tdi fitted but running the ABL manifold and turbo?

Comment

• It's often done that way by converters as it is easier having the turbo sat on the top of the motor and using the abl pipework. You'll need a ahu manifold from the original donor spedwing
                      Last edited by Dave Sausages; 24 November 2017, 08:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Sausages View Post
                        It's often done that way by converters as it is easier having the turbo sat on the top of the motor and using the abl pipework. You'll need a ahu manifold from the original donor spedwing
                        So you can't adapt the ABL manifold? Never played with a 1.9AHU so educate us...

Comment

• tbh I've not looked at either of the manifolds or turbos out of their respective engines to compare, but I know a local guy does the conversions as well and he always uses the abl manifold, turbo and exhaust

Comment

• ...He was trying to convince me to go from ahu turbo over to abl at the time but I wasn't keen on the idea

Comment

• Reg could tell us ... he's probably done it, painted it, smoked it & broken it one way or another... if the ABL manifold is usable and gets the turbo in the right place cheaply sounds sensible but not to experiment with an upgrade or two is shameful... as long as you've got some form of boost control and can dial in the increased fuel why not...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Sausages View Post
                                ...He was trying to convince me to go from ahu turbo over to abl at the time but I wasn't keen on the idea
                                Hmmm, I wonder why.... got more options with the K03, there's some cracking compressor wheel upgrades out there...

Comment

Working...
                                X