Swapping sausages - TDI conversion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dave Sausages View Post
    Didn't notice the brake lights as my mutant stalk eyes hadn't been fully developed at that point. Didn't try the fan. I still think it is my mega duff battery, leave it a day or so now and it won't start the van.
    Hahaha, mutant eye stalks.
    It's like when the Guadia stopped me the other week. "Do you know you have a brake light out?" "No Officer, because when i drive the car i do it from the front, mostly"
    Me cago en la madre que te pariĆ³!

Comment

Didn't notice the brake lights as my mutant stalk eyes hadn't been fully developed at that point. Didn't try the fan. I still think it is my mega duff battery, leave it a day or so now and it won't start the van.
      But it was starting the van when it wouldn't flash an indicator right?

Comment

• Yeah, that's what bothers me

Need a new battery anyway, as the existing now won't hold a charge within one day, so ordered a 100ah 900cca bugger
        Jebem ti nanu u trulu sisu

Comment

Yeah, that's what bothers me

Need a new battery anyway, as the existing now won't hold a charge within one day, so ordered a 100ah 900cca bugger
          Make sure you've not got a current drain or the new battery will be ruined in a very short time

Comment

• Will do bud, might hassle you to give it a check over?

Comment

• yep no problem. Could do it Thursday evening rather than just standing around bitching about all the people we hate?

Comment

• Nope, will be standing at the side of the road watching bikes go past at nearly 200mph

Comment

Nope, will be standing at the side of the road watching bikes go past at nearly 200mph
                  I remember when you used to ride bikes not watch them, we were much younger then.

Have fun!

Comment

• How was the isle of men?

When your indicators didn't work - did the hazards work?

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                      How was the isle of men?

When your indicators didn't work - did the hazards work?
                      I am guessing hard and fast?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

• Just bumped this for Bradleigh2.

Comment

• I spent a couple of evenings working on the sausage mobile.

Long story short - when you fit a diesel pump and slide the pulley on, dont push the woodruff key out of the shaft. Took me ages to find it and then I only found it by accident as the key was loose, rattling around behind the pulley. When I tried to loosen the three bolts to shift the timing, the key was stopping me getting on one bolt, only when I got my head in there with a torch did I spot it.

No - I didn't fit the pump originally, but I was called to diagnose why it wouldn't start or run.

The original fitter also didn't lock the pump up to re-time it, just put it back in what he thought was the same position on the belt - so at first inspection the pulley was about 15 degrees out, I reset it, but it still wouldn't start, but I managed to get it running on easy start, but it was still obvoiusly mis-timed. The pulley being randomly timed on the pump shaft obviously didn't help here.

Comment

• Well diagnosed Reg never easy chasing someone’s previous f@ck muppetry !

Comment

Working...
                            X