No announcement yet.

crisis from start to now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To do the marble effect first you need to paint what you are marbling black. Then using a water based metallic silver (we used outrageous finishes) you spray that on doesn't need to be neat. Next get a carrier bag and dab it over have to be quick as it drys fast. Once you're happy with effect and its dry next is the dye the 1st time we used outrageous finishes was quite expensive but then found concentrate candy on ebay £10ish a bottle.WE have tried it against the expensive one and there's no difference.The concentrate candy is put in the lacquer then build up coats till your happy with colour. Next is the glitter best to put it on when sunny. We went with metal flake silver holographic glitter £7 of ebay. The glitter goes in the lacquer then spray till happy we went abit mad As the glitter is quite rough next we put 2 coats of lacquer then the fun job of flatting it back. We will be putting more laquer when we do the whole van 4 coats then flatting it back then another 4 flat and polish. Hope that helps Dave there's some videos on youtube for marbling effect.

A Bit more progress painted the back end only a tiny bit of sparkle looks more red now. Will be starting preparing the front tomorrow

dyslexics are teople poo

Comment

I just love the look of it, I think it's great.

Comment

Someone is skilled with a spray gun! More faff than I could ever contemplate

Glad you posted up your DVLA letter, it's a comprehensive example, a format I will use when I hopefully send mine off in a few weeks (months) time

Comment

We got a template letter of the net then change to suit. Let me know Reg if you need it as ill try and find it for you
          Got a bit more done painted the white area in artic white and all inside of the doors. Finally got my own way and got the side bars marbled but had to compromise with the hubby to change the wheels again as he didn't like them . Plus we got a new awning was silver casing so that has need painted too. Now need to make our minds up if to put zip stickers on or airbrush ripped metal or zip. Im having a go at the airbrushing but not going to good lol

Cant wait till its finished now but getting a mk1 caddy tomorrow eek excited but needs a lot of work. So van will be on the back burner
          **admin can you put this thread in members built please **
          dyslexics are teople poo

Comment

Not done an update for a while thought it was time quite a bit has happened since . You might of seen for a post on here my van was smoking very bad we couldn't find the course only thing it could of been was the block .
            So found a audi afn 110bhp

With lots of faffing about as the engine sits the wrong way in the audi hubby finally got it in

Next to finish the outside had a bit of a dilemma if to go with a white zip like last time or silver.

Decided on silver for a change so put all the stickers on

Then our window decided it didn't like us and removed itself So we had to fix that

Pimped my little girls cart again got some where for the beers and music for wherever we are and if room the little lady can sit in it Made the sound box if has radio bluetooth usb for charging phones ect.

And finally think i im happy still a few more bits to do. We only made it to 2 shows this year tho
            dyslexics are teople poo

Comment

You've been busy, loving the van keep up the good work. What does the inside look like

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

Thank you theres pic on this thread if you go back might be on page one
                dyslexics are teople poo

Comment

More info on the sound box Kaz, maybe a little build thread [emoji106]

Comment

Ok I'll try and sort a post out tomorrow if I'm down the unit as it's in the camping pile
                    dyslexics are teople poo

Comment

Originally posted by kaz View Post
                      Ok I'll try and sort a post out tomorrow if I'm down the unit as it's in the camping pile
                      Cool been looking at doing one for a while [emoji106]

Comment

After nearly seven months it's great to see you back kaz and on form as usual. Keep up the good work.

Comment

WOW!!! The attention to detail Kaz is outstanding!!! An ever evolving remaining of ideas and putting them into practice, arriving at several points along the way.
                          I can only describe this whole venture as a venture into new ways to do…….. stuff!! I am impressed beyond anything I could even dream of kaz.
                          I await description of the next thing (please make it your sound system!) you upload with bated breath!!

Comment

Loving it Kaz, I'm only in Bridgnorth might have to come and see you about spraying my scooter up just love that effect

living the dream
                            Last edited by Dazteen; 8 October 2016, 09:21 AM.

Comment

Thank you for all your kind comments Will get a build up later once the little ones in bed of the stereo (keeps looking at the clock ) I wouldn't trust ourselves with doing work for people we ain't no professionals most of the painting was done in the man cave. Our brother in law done the backend but if you would like to give it a go ill try and help with advice. We did paint my lads bike ill try and find a pic. Still more work to do so will update and bore you some more soon,,,, lights and heated shower in the tailgate Plz can someone tell me when it will end it's more addictive than heroin
                              dyslexics are teople poo

Comment

Blue candy on our lads old bike.

dyslexics are teople poo

Comment

Working...
                                X