crisis from start to now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TURK View Post
    Yeah, half the bonnet, and with flowers ! ........ a lot of people asked me why I had wallpaper on my van !? so it had to go. It really didn't suite the 'theme' I was after anyway.

One day I must finish my interior conversion ......... it's on the vwt4forum in the 'Lulu DIY build thread' if you want to take a peek.
    My quad headlight project is taking up all my time at the moment. And I've bought yet another T4 ! long nose version this time, the big engined 151 bhp German version.

TURK
    Will defo be having a peek Its never ending we have a T4 shell and a twin cab shell waiting to do something with them.
    dyslexics are teople poo

Comment

wow! Is that dash painted or hydro dipped? it looks painted...

Comment

Yeps painted same as all the orange outside but inside is brighter as used more candy. Plan is to do all the outside the same plus glitter ...so hard to get a pic of the glitter
        dyslexics are teople poo

Comment

Another set of brilliant pictures. Obviously saying keep up the good work is a foregone conclusion.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s mobile app

Comment

Thanks dave ...Will try to get some more on today
            dyslexics are teople poo

Comment

Wow that looks the dogs danglies

Sent from my LT30p using Just T4s mobile app

Comment

Next brought some seat covers from auto leathers about £150 the sent. We did have problems and i commented on there post on just T4 fb. They messaged me and seen the problems and sent a new set out. When we put them in we used a bit of glue we carpeted the van with. Not put the new sent in yet.

Next my little girl outgrew her cart so we made her a bunk bed out of a cheap camp bed.

Next found some cheap sidebars so we got rid of the plastic drain pipes. But will be painting them at some point as don't like them stainless dont go with the van. Can see in the background started playing with banded steals

Next we thought we would have a go at changing the log book to a motor caravan. Put a table in there just for pics the gas bottle only goes in when camping then it's taken out once we reach our destination as don't cook in the van. As we only have one burner we put a old microwave in the cupboard.... It worked we now have a motor caravan lol .

To be continued.....
                dyslexics are teople poo

Comment

This is a real good post mate!! Great to see how you have done the whole process!! Really interested in what's to come [emoji851]

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s mobile app

Comment

Thanks Jonny .Will try and finish off tomorrow as takes ages got pics all over the place dont help lol
                    dyslexics are teople poo

Comment

Next we took built not brought to the extreme making banded steels We went with 16" vito steels.

Hubby wanted the vw wheel covers and i wanted caddy centre caps so compromised and had both lol.

Next work top looked worn and scratched over the last 2 year so for a quick fix brought a plain glass chopping board from the range and made a sticker. (Excuse the state of the carpet we will be changing it soon.)

Next we needed a drinks holder in the back.

Next after 1yr of nagging hubby finally gave in and we got new injectors went with rake's 0.220 and went to dirty torque for the remap. Just shy of 130bhp .Then 2 weeks ago disaster struck losing water done the fluid head test was a very slight colour change but not very noticeable. So now we needed to make a big decision repare the head/gasket or put the spare engine we have from the golf. After a lot of humming and arring and it being both our only vehicle went decided to rebuild the spare.

Thank god it went well and was only off the road for 2 days felt like my legs had fallen off lol. When we changed the engine accidentally dropped the bonnet so we started repairing that yesterday.

Also yesterday had to repaire 2 doors as we had to put my sons motorbike in the back as he had broke down never again

That's it upto now..... hopefully will have the bonnet finished today just needs lacquering and vinyl zip to be made will continue to add progress.Sorry if i've bored the life out of you all
                      dyslexics are teople poo

Comment

Bonnet done just needs stickers putting on but painting the whole van again so we will do them then

dyslexics are teople poo

Comment

Kaz.... you have to live near me.... SURE I see you about quite a bit.
                          BONGO FURY - 222bhp - 390lb/ft - 16.7064 1/4
                          Are you quick enough for the T17.club?

Comment

I sure do James Telford too ...and thanks again for your recommendation for the remap at dirty torque
                            dyslexics are teople poo

Comment

Bit more done has damaged the front bumper so resprayed them and done inside the hatch.Next will be all the back end as it's faded and doing all the white again just can't make our minds up if to put a pearl on the white. Holographic glitter will be going on the lot need to order some in as accidentally washed hubby joggers with the glitter in his pocket but the cloths will match the van sparkly

When doing the back need to repair this where some twat has picked the paint
                              dyslexics are teople poo

Comment

I love the picture #26 it rarely shows off the finish. all the glitter ,depth and shine. I have decided no more Dulux for me all I need now is a step by step guide, in simple jargon, so that I may attempt it.

Comment

Working...
                                X