No announcement yet.

My 1.9 t4 Betsy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh yea Andreas, i have a cheap mppt too as well as the other I have, the victron was recommended by our resident solar bod Ric (ain't see you for ages Ric where are you?)
    My other mppt is apparently twice the amps/watts but much much lighter build and was £5 delivered!!! My intention for that one is to have a trickle charge for my scimitar.
    With the victron the geek took over and tbh I am very glad it did. Gives me the possibility of turning things on via bluetooth too!!
    Sorry for the thread hack.....

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

Greeny, how did u fix your solar panels? Did u fix them mechanical or sika flex?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

The panel is bolted to angle ally and the ally is sikaflexed to the roof.
        Had to use angle as the panel is 200w and massive, the panel brackets were not sitting on the roof cos of the shape of the roof....

Comment

Thank's mate

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by Greeny gtc View Post
            Panel is a doddle hardest bit is routing the cabling!
            Panel on the roof or where ever you plan on fitting, cables to where you plan on fitting the charge controller, and cables to the battery via a fuse.
            Personally I can not recommend enough the victron smart solar units, bluetooth monitoring and being mppt they deliver more to the battery than the other type.

Thanks for the advice. Victron appears good quality, but I already have a simple MPPT as I bought the panel originally to charge electric bike batteries, so I might as well use it until it dies.
            I like the dc panel you have there. I just found a 12v dc tv so that will be handy.
            I was thinking of connecting usb sockets with a voltage converter to the dc side before the inverter for efficiency.

Comment

I have fitted all sorts of sockets all over the van.
              As for the tv aldi, £120 wit free view and dvd player. If you have plenty of data on your phone plug a fire stick in the back and boom all singing all dancing

Comment

Working...
              X