Not T4 Lowering Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not T4 Lowering Question

If you have a car that is lowered and you don't know by how much and you don't know the brand of spring and then you get a bust front spring what would you do? You'll need a set of 4 but its a shot in the dark to get the right stance. Asking for a rather nice lady with a Golf 4motion.

Originally posted by S49 View Post
    If you have a car that is lowered and you don't know by how much and you don't know the brand of spring and then you get a bust front spring what would you do? You'll need a set of 4 but its a shot in the dark to get the right stance. Asking for a rather nice lady with a Golf 4motion.
    Could you go original and get the original stance, would that be an option?

T4ism is not a Dis-easeJust T4s

Comment

No no,it’s a lost cause.Best strip it and graft the engine and drivetrain into S49.

Comment

I woukd take a look at the dampers and see what make they are, then find the spring that are usually sold with those dampers. Like if it's got bilstein on, I would bet the springs are eibach.

If it turns out to be some £300 ebay special, id probably bang on another ebay special, or suggest the lady puts something decent on there instead.

Oh, if it's coil overs, they usually have the spring rate stamped on the top coil, so buy a pair of the same rating from faulkner.

Comment

Measure wheel ctr to arch lip and approach a company and to see what they say. But I think I would replace the 2 to be sure of level across the axle.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

Agree with d-9, if not stamped on the coil or damper re branding etc, just take the good opposite spring off and do some maths. You can calculate the loading from the spring dims then contact Faulkner either to buy a pair or try a single, personally I'd buy a pair and keep the other for Justin. Easy maths, but I can help if required? [emoji106]

Comment

Originally posted by Greeny gtc View Post
              Measure wheel ctr to arch lip and approach a company and to see what they say. But I think I would replace the 2 to be sure of level across the axle.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s
              If you know the standard arch gap and now the lowered arch gap you can work out wether you have let’s say 30mm lowering springs , 40mm ect , change the pair , if one has broken the other side won’t be long until it breaks .

Comment

Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post
                change the pair , if one has broken the other side won’t be long until it breaks .

Yep - what this man said - The first spring will be sagged by now and never match with new one. Always replace as a pair

Comment

Was going to change the 4, not an issue as how many to do just don't want her moaning"its too high " or its "too low". A lot of folk moan when I fit a pair on an mot failure but that way you know its all good.

Comment

Just to round this off, I've got a set of 30mm lowered springs. Just fitted the left front to get it mobile.that corner is slightly higher, will fit its brother to the right in the week time allowing and keep the rears in stock for Justin. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2847.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	268530Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2848.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	268531

Comment

Working...
                    X