Never A Dull Moment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never A Dull Moment

After advising Jumbungla not to spray waste oil all over this nice trailing arm repair I have inadvertently done just that to our old tub. Noticed a trail coming from our van in Aldi car park and found the oil pressure switch on the filter housing was having an oil wee. Maybe taking the wire on and off last week repairing the loom finished it off. Not as bad as the Corsa's as they blow the end straight out of theirs. If those are yours on the park by you Reg carry a spare or if you get on with the folk by you give em a warning. If the factors or TPS have one normal service will be resumed tomorrow after a pressure wash. As I said never a dull moment with an ageing Vdub.

Originally posted by S49 View Post
    After advising Jumbungla not to spray waste oil all over this nice trailing arm repair I have inadvertently done just that to our old tub. Noticed a trail coming from our van in Aldi car park and found the oil pressure switch on the filter housing was having an oil wee. Maybe taking the wire on and off last week repairing the loom finished it off. Not as bad as the Corsa's as they blow the end straight out of theirs. If those are yours on the park by you Reg carry a spare or if you get on with the folk by you give em a warning. If the factors or TPS have one normal service will be resumed tomorrow after a pressure wash. As I said never a dull moment with an ageing Vdub.
    Or the aging VDubber Si!

Comment

I know how the dull moments feel si your right always something to fix , or buy. Bit that been said what we have to focus on if we didn't have them, #hobbie # van life # dub life

Come rain or shine I'm out in mine!!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Just T4s

Comment

Thought I was "rolling coal" but I was just spraying oil. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2719.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	268374Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2717.jpg
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	268375 All fixed with a new oil pressure switch. Then just had to wash off. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2718.jpg
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	268376

Comment

Right a few on here have had oil light and alarm problems. Replaced the oil pressure switch on the filter housing today as it was pissing oil though it. Went home for lunch all good. On the way back to work the oil light and buzzer came on as we got to the workshop. never happened before in nearly 3 years and 30k of motoring. The switch I fitted was a 5 pound Beckermann one with a white collar. the one which came off was a Vdub one with a grey collar, the one on the head is blue. I have now ordered a genuine switch off TPS. Thinking that a lot of folks trouble could be cheap factors aftermarket switches.

Comment

Right a few on here have had oil light and alarm problems. Replaced the oil pressure switch on the filter housing today as it was pissing oil though it. Went home for lunch all good. On the way back to work the oil light and buzzer came on as we got to the workshop. never happened before in nearly 3 years and 30k of motoring. The switch I fitted was a 5 pound Beckermann one with a white collar. the one which came off was a Vdub one with a grey collar, the one on the head is blue. I have now ordered a genuine switch off TPS. Thinking that a lot of folks trouble could be cheap factors aftermarket switches.
            Interesting. I've gone through a handful of aftermarket senders now. Maybe i should go oem and see if it stops the issue?

Mine has come back.

I had expensive mobil 1 0w-40 in and didn't have the oil issue for 5 or 6 months.

Just changed to mobil 3000 5w-40 and i now have the issue again.

"Every day's a school day"

Comment

Never had it till yesterday after the switch was changed. Usually run it with cheap 15/40.

Comment

Hmmmm.... the never ending, constant question raising oil pressure switch problem.

The trouble is that the oil buzzer light seems to also flash/buzz, even when there isn’t an oil issue.!!!

My mates kept buzzing, and all it needed was a little bit of extra water in the expansion tank. So nothing at all to do with oil. Took us forever to work that out.

Nightmare.

Comment

Went to Hereford today and noticed a pattern. First last week I repaired the engine wiring loom due to a short on the stop valve nothing to do with oil bleeping! Went a week with no bleep, only started after replacing the leaking switch. Today, go up a hill and level off beep beep beep, go down a back and level off beep beep beep. Go 12 miles on the flat then up a back beep beep beep you get the picture? It has to be the switch(Beckermann 5.99) over sensitive or not the right tolerances is my guess.l Ordered a genuine for tomorrow. Oil level,coolant and brake fluid spot on the tops marks.
                  Last edited by S49; 29 September 2019, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Went to Hereford today and noticed a pattern. First last week I repaired the engine wiring loom due to a short on the stop valve nothing to do with oil bleeping! Went a week with no bleep, only started after replacing the leaking switch. Today, go up a hill and level off beep beep beep, go down a back and level off beep beep beep. Go 12 miles on the flat then up a back beep beep beep you get the picture? It has to be the switch(Beckermann 5.99) over sensitive or not the right tolerances is my guess.l Ordered a genuine for tomorrow. Oil level,coolant and brake fluid spot on the tops marks.
                    Keep me updated mate! Really interested to see if the vw ones fix it. I'm going to top up my coolant a bit tomorrow.

"Every day's a school day"

Comment

Ok, will do.

Comment

Well after a chat to South Hereford Garages/TPS they tell me the genuine oil pressure switch for the oil filter housing on the ABL has not been available since 2008.Can see the buzzer being disabled and a gauge fitted.

Comment

Well after a chat to South Hereford Garages/TPS they tell me the genuine oil pressure switch for the oil filter housing on the ABL has not been available since 2008.Can see the buzzer being disabled and a gauge fitted.
                          What's the part number Si?
                          I'll look it up and do a search for you if needed.

Comment

They are chattin' shit blud.

Don't mess with a gauge - pointless. Just fit a decent sensor.

what is it on the ABL, a 0.9 BAR?
                            Last edited by regcheeseman; 30 September 2019, 01:21 PM.

Comment

According to ETKA for the 1998 ABL it's

Oil Pressure Switch (top of oil cooler)
                              0.9bar M10x1 068 919 081A

ERA 330341
                              FACET 7.0095
                              FAE 12930
                              FEBI BILSTEIN 08444
                              JP GROUP 1193501100
                              MEYLE 100 919 0029

These apparently supply VAG for that
                              part number.

Note , the same part number without the A at the end is a 1.4 bar M10x1 and the next part beneath it on the system but is NOT designated for the ABL.

Comment

Working...
                              X