No announcement yet.

The San Fran Van

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know the bumper mounts are well past it. I've sourced a replacement.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F254156744658

But I'm not into paying 70 odd quid each so think I'll make them myself. I should be able to get the dimensions off the old 1s

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

• Have you tried any of the breakers, or people breaking them on eBay

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
        Have you tried any of the breakers, or people breaking them on eBay
        Theres only really 2 decent breakers near me. Only 1 your allowed to walk around. With no t4s.
        I've got forum member druggedonions number, turns out hes local and breaking 1 but he said bodywork was quite bad. I'll still have to have a look. I just thought I could fabricate something. It would be hidden by the bumper anyway.

Comment

• Is that a section of the chassis that the bumper beam bolts to?

Comment

• I think on our blue one we don't have that part looking at your photo as we have a tow bar that replaces the bumper beam. Will have to have a gander at it Monday.

Comment

• Does this help? If you click on the image it should enlarge like looking at photos on fleabay. Can you tell i'm useless with computers.
              You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                Does this help? If you click on the image it should enlarge like looking at photos on fleabay. Can you tell i'm useless with computers.
                Yea yours looks way different to mine. Your towbar bit looks like it replaces a lot.

That's the bit I'm needing to work on. But I'm gonna have to go along the whole back bar cos where the bumper brackets and cables come thro its pretty rotten.

I've found this pic. It shows the same "u" section I need to get. And the bit I want to replace, but obviously this continues on right along the back.

Not the best pic of the back but it's all that's on my phone. Shows how bad around the factory holes.

Comment

• Mate, we're trying to put a meet together for Monday night at South Queensferry @1930 - come along for inspiration and a chat. I even have a present for you

Comment

• We will be there. No need for presents. Hospitality is enough

Comment

• Had a wee meet with fellow forum member druggedonions this afternoon. Nice bloke. Had a look at a van he's breaking. The body bits I'm after are looking better on his than mine. Not perfect but deffo better. Donor vehicle sorted

Comment

• Hope you don't need the little plastic cover for the OBD as he kindly sent me that last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                          Hope you don't need the little plastic cover for the OBD as he kindly sent me that last year.
                          I don't even know what one of those is Si. Just bodywork I looked at. The 1 hes breaking is in better knick than mine.

Comment

• Its a little bit of trim in the dash. So you'll be harvesting a bit from his van I take it. Has he another on the road as well as the breaker?

Comment

• Yea mate hes quite happy for me to take what I want body wise. Hes got an identical multivan to the 1 hes breaking. An emerald green colour. 6 month in difference off the production line. The 1 hes breaking is a 2.5. I'm sure he said that the 1 he drives is the same.

Comment

• Been a good while since I looked at the bus. Not been near it since November had a productive morning, met up with fellow member druggedonions Jon, and set about cutting out his sill. It's not perfect but way better condition than mine.
                                I brought my cordless grinder to try and after using 1 battery to 1 cut it was no good. Luckily Jon had a mains 1

I'm after more cuts from his van but had to call it a day when we ran out of cutting discs. 1mm don't seem to last so gonna get some 3mm.

Shattered a couple of discs cutting the back bumper bolts out. They were well seized in.

Got a bit disc in my yak, quite a chunk, got it out but its irritated. Moral of story.. wear googles. Usually do but forgot them from farm. I'll grab another set when I get more discs today.

Big thanks to Jon for letting me cut up his van

Comment

Working...
                                X