No announcement yet.

The San Fran Van

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your welds look 10 times better than mine mate, should have a deal ,u weld ,i bend. ;-)

Sent from my SM-T810 using Just T4s

Comment

• Also if i'd welded it in from above in the runner channel the fffing door wouldn't have fitted in the runner then I would have been well fecked.

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
        If that repair is underneath i'd be tempted not to grind it off. Heres the same spot on our blue one. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0778.JPG
Views:	286
Size:	675.6 KB
ID:	296784Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0771.JPG
Views:	293
Size:	861.1 KB
ID:	296785
        Ok mate I'll take that advice. Is that a repair panel or did you make it? I couldn't find a replacement on ebay

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

• Thanks Andreas. If only you weren't 600 odd miles away

Comment

• Looking great mate lovely job

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Just T4s

Comment

• Its a cut of a cut from one in my local yard. I had the whole step but thought it easier just to put in the bit that was rusted. Amazed after how well the door fits. Better than on the white one which hasn't had any repairs to that area.

Comment

• Originally posted by fife t4 new View Post
                Then I went on to the underside of the sill.
                Took an aluminium strip off?? And this was underneath
                Cut all that mess out
                I'll hold up my hand to that one. Thought it was a good idea to put a kador strip runner on that side of the van to take an awning skirt to keep the wind out. But it was more hassle than it was worth fitting each time.

Looking good though mate. Keep it up.

Comment

• Originally posted by druggedonions View Post

I'll hold up my hand to that one. Thought it was a good idea to put a kador strip runner on that side of the van to take an awning skirt to keep the wind out. But it was more hassle than it was worth fitting each time.

Looking good though mate. Keep it up.
                  I thought it was maybe for an awning. I looked on mine and couldn't see it so decided it was coming off.

Comment

• Got a little bit more done today. More cutting out and removing than anything else. Cut out where the replacement sill is going.
                    Then discovered more tinworm under the paint. Where the passenger door inner sill runs to the sliding door sill on the underside has been replaced before. Needs done again tho. Need to order a new sill to see how it finishes. For now does anyone have a pic of this bit? and heres the shit I cut out
                    also managed to get 1 back bumper mount off. This took quite some time

Comment

• U aint scared mate fair play

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Just T4s

Comment

• No choice buddy. It'll be a new van at this rate

Comment

• ...a heap load of of work but once you start then you have to continue. hats off to you - your welder looks like a newer version of the one I borrowed = what a difference the gas makes :O)
                          Last edited by mike_skinner; 6 May 2020, 08:59 AM.

Comment

• ? What gas u are using?

Sent from my SM-T810 using Just T4s

Comment

• Same bottle as you I think hans. It won't let me upload a pic. Hobbyweld I think. Its co2 argon mix

Comment

• Originally posted by mike_skinner View Post
                                ...a heap load of of work but once you start then you have to continue. hats off to you - your welder looks like a newer version of the one I borrowed = what a difference the gas makes :O)
                                I loose motivation quickly with the state it's in. But got a buzz for the t4 again. Deffo better than gasless. Also, I think I've done better welding since changing from the disposable bottles. Less splatter.

Comment

Working...
                                X