X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This came out the arches

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

Get a mig and teach yourself, you wont regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hans View Post
        Sleeping in a van isn't camping. As long as u dont have big set-up.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s
        Exactly the principle here. Don't make a nuisance and you will be ok.
        Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

Nice build thread, btw. Keep it coming. Thanks

Comment

Keep the faith you'll get there.

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
              Keep the faith you'll get there.
              Thanks, Ill keep trying.

Comment

Get a mig and teach yourself, you wont regret it.
                Bought a cheap lidl gasless 90a mig from gumtree last week. Practicing on scraps of metal before tackling the bus.

Comment

Good luck with the welding

Comment

I've decided to start at the rear arches, that's the bits I'm most concerned about and open most to the elements. But I'm confused on exactly what panels to try and buy/source/fabricate. I'll add both sides are pretty much in the same state

I know I definitely need a floor panel and I've found that easily enough on Heritage or Alan Schofield pages.

What else will I need though? The outer wing has obviously had a repair before...

Where you see the spot weld marks inside the repair is flush on the outside of the van and not noticable.. fair enough... but what about the bit that seems to be missing from the arch?? I can see they have formed it with the new panel....

But this just rolls underneath and I can poke my fingers in to the outside all the way along the arch..

Hope that shows what I mean... could anyone upload a pic that shows me what it should look like factory?

Any back arch kits I can find online are basically the repair panels that have already been fitted.. do you get internal arch panels?.. or am I hunting scrappys with a cordless grinder??

I'm getting dragged shopping so apologise in advance for any slow replies.

Comment

You can get the inner arch panels.ebay,Vw heritage.will sort the blue lined bit.fabricate the corner behind wheel tub.it looks like the outer repair panel has been welded straight over the top of the rusty panel without cutting out all the rot?

Comment

Originally posted by Eagles02 View Post
                        You can get the inner arch panels.ebay,Vw heritage.will sort the blue lined bit.fabricate the corner behind wheel tub.it looks like the outer repair panel has been welded straight over the top of the rusty panel without cutting out all the rot?
                        Perfect, thanks. I had a quick look through their site and couldn't see them. I'll look again. And yes the previous repair panel has gone over the top. I'm planning on replacing it. I'm just trying to get a shopping/parts list together.

Comment

Here’s an inner arch from central panels via eBay.Item no in snippet Click image for larger version

Name:	7287670F-2482-4421-BB43-A486B5B5BD12.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	121.9 KB
ID:	268326

Comment

Thanks very much eagles02. I was trying to look through heritage ebay page with no success while sitting waiting outside debenhams fitting room.

Comment

I've had panels from Central Panels on fleabay, I was impressed.

Comment

I've had panels from Central Panels on fleabay, I was impressed.
                                I ordered the inner arch from central panel via the link from eagle02. Ordered a new outside arch panel while I was there. Got the floor panel from Alan Schofield as its wider than the heritage version. Eagerly waiting their arrival. Thsts me skint but hopefully save up enough for next side while I attempt this side

Comment

Working...
                                X