New t4 owner.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New t4 owner.

Hello, I’m new to the forum and vans in general. I’ve just bought my first van it’s a 2002 2.5 tdi t4. Wanted one for years now I’ve finally got one! Can anyone recommend the best way to fit some quick release seats in the back as my van only has two seats up front. I would ideally like to be able to put a couple more in the back to take a few mates places. Cheers 👍

Originally posted by Nerve View Post
    Hello, I’m new to the forum and vans in general. I’ve just bought my first van it’s a 2002 2.5 tdi t4. Wanted one for years now I’ve finally got one! Can anyone recommend the best way to fit some quick release seats in the back as my van only has two seats up front. I would ideally like to be able to put a couple more in the back to take a few mates places. Cheers [emoji106]
    Hi Ya Nerve, Welcome, someone who know will be along soon. I believe I have heard talk of fitting mushroom bolts which enable the addition and removal of seats 🤙🏽[emoji1317]🤙🏽

T4ism is not a Dis-easeJust T4s

Comment

Hello Nerve. Welcome to the forum.

Comment

Ah be ya. I have a caravelle seat in the back of ours on mushroom bolts, comes out it 2 shakes of a donkey's tail. DSCN1664.jpg

Comment

Welcome, any pics?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

The grey single you see in the picture could be free to a good home with four bolts but you'd need a lap belt . I've had that for the double in the photo.

Comment

New t4 owner.

This is my opinion...

The best and easiest way to do it is to look out for a twin rear seat complete with the correct mushroom bolts. You my be lucky to already have the holes through your van floor and chassis rails (that’s what I call them) But you need the correct seatbelt mounting point on the drivers side. The passenger side is a lap belt.

I can’t find a pick off the mushroom bolts

BUT, AND THIS IS A BIG BUT...

depending on what T4 you have, you may not have the seatbelt mounting points, and I’m not sure the panel vans had anything remotely like it. One way to tell is to check the vin number. If it starts VW1 its a commercial vehicle. If it’s VW2 it’s a leisure vehicle.

And,

If your van hasn’t had seats in the back before, DVLA may let you change the logbook. They’re being really awkward at the moment.

Ignore the pic of the front twin seat. Tried to delete but it ain’t happening

Sent from The Alpine Express using Just T4s
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Snowrider; 12 August 2019, 05:27 PM.

Comment

That's basically whats in mine Snowrider, I didn't want to start chopping the ply lining to fit the 3 point belt so fitted a lap belt to the drivers side.

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
                  That's basically whats in mine Snowrider, I didn't want to start chopping the ply lining to fit the 3 point belt so fitted a lap belt to the drivers side.
                  That the one. Yours looks a lot more comfy than mine was.

Comment

Yep, think its early caravelle but same sort of thing. Have matching captains in the front know.

Comment

Hello and welcome. Enjoy!!
                      I am sure that the right seat will crop up. .
                      A mate of mine will be selling some seats soon but they are massive and heavy!
                      They are on rails that clip out at the touch (ish) of a button
                      Where abouts are you?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

Hi and welcome!

Comment

Hi, thanks for the help. Do you have any links to a fitting guide or anything of the sort ? Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
                            Ah be ya. I have a caravelle seat in the back of ours on mushroom bolts, comes out it 2 shakes of a donkey's tail. [ATTACH=CONFIG]13363[/ATTACH]

Hi, thanks for the help. Do you have any links to a fitting guide or anything of the sort ? Cheers.

Comment

If I remember rightly, there are four indentations on the corrugated floor. You could start off with a small drill bit as a pilot and make sure all four holes go through the chassis rails (that’s what I call them. See pics above)

Then you’ll need to drill bigger holes to take the mushroom bolts, and then you’ll need the load spread plates (think that’s what they’re called) they have a nut attached that the bolt screw into you need four of each.

The plate that goes into the rails under the van ⬇️

IMG_1880.jpg

The mushroom bolt ⬇️

IMG_1879.JPG

All available on eBay, or try a firm Cali campers.

Comment

Working...
                              X