T4 with a T4 plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Greeny gtc View Post
    Dont knowing that heater is fixed but u would lift it off the ground a little, the exhaust plate gets very hot!!
    I have mine on 2x 1 1/2 lumps of wood and the plate to lift it up, also air can circulate.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s
    The heater is sat on a big metal plate on top of the van metal, do you think that would be okay?

Grabbed this photo as I was packing up

Shropshireeeeeee

Comment

• Probably be ok but keep an eye on the rubber mat and underneath the van the heat is tremendous.

Which controller do you have?

Comment

• Originally posted by Greeny gtc View Post
        Probably be ok but keep an eye on the rubber mat and underneath the van the heat is tremendous.

Which controller do you have?

Sweet I’ll make sure to keep an eye on it. Just the basic rotary dial.

Shropshireeeeeee

Comment

• Ah nice and simple.
          Just put this one in mine other one is fine but wasn't sure whether its responsible for the heater switching on, so...
          It also comes with a full function remote with display.

Comment

• Do they have a frost setting function Greeny & what frequency is the remote control?

Comment

• Did you have the rotary style in before?

Shropshireeeeeee

Comment

• No frost stat that I have found control for but this controller has loads of settings.
                No frequency to speak of but they bind, a little like modern rc transmitters and receivers.

Comment

• No I had the digital one but more basic than this one

You can just see it in this picture

Comment

• Clever little helmet holder installed and the (potentially) final coats of paint in the van. Took about 5 coats to stop it looking yellow. Heater makes a massive difference being able to work in the van in a t shirt and not wait a few days for the paint to dry!

Comment

• First tonight, got some CTO (colour transmission orange) filters cut out and put behind the diffuser on the LED’s to warm up the light a bit.

Really pleased with the result, you can see from the photo it makes a big difference on the side that’s been done.
                      Then it was time to crack on with the bed building.

That framing on the left is for the extension from a single into a double bed. Will acquire 18mm plywood tomorrow and crack on.

Comment

• Bit more work on the bed tonight, got the ply cut, handles fitted, bit more done to the framing to sturdy it up. Just needs a little refinement like cutouts for the barn door catch and to get past the end of the unit but overall I’m pleased how it’s coming along.

Comment

• Looking good there bud. Works well with the unit there. Keep up the good work.

Comment

• The seat looks very wide and the back very short? Did you fit the top on the bed frame the wrong way round, as it looks like the other way around would allow more space and the bed to retract fully. Or is it an optical illusion, are both sections the same width?

You also seem to have obscured the cupboard opening, would it make sense to put access in the end diagonal panel?

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                              The seat looks very wide and the back very short? Did you fit the top on the bed frame the wrong way round, as it looks like the other way around would allow more space and the bed to retract fully. Or is it an optical illusion, are both sections the same width?

You also seem to have obscured the cupboard opening, would it make sense to put access in the end diagonal panel?
                              Its not fully folded up there Reg, like I said it needs refining so it clears the door latch and the countertop of the unit. It’s not meant to be a chair so much as it is meant to be a single bed. I will be travelling solo with my bikes a lot so need room for a bike alongside the bed.

The double bed part will be used when I’m going without bikes or with the Mrs so there will be room for both of us. The single bed part is 70cm and the extension 50cm.

Comment

• The bed retracts fully once it’s fully folded up

Comment

Working...
                                X