T4 with a T4 plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
    Looks tidy from the pic, what is it size wise and whats your plan?
    It’s a LWB high roof, so about 4.3m x 1.8m floor plan, about 2m tall inside. It will be fully converted to a camper inside with some space for bikes and kit so they won’t need to go on a rack on the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

• Bike garage in the back, accessible via rear doors - that is also the platform for the bed inside?

Comment

• Fantastic. We’ve said for ages about doing an LT and we WILL do it so I’m very interested in see where yours goes so please keep us up to speed.

#vanlife

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
          Bike garage in the back, accessible via rear doors - that is also the platform for the bed inside?
          Very common layout for these size vans. Makes a great touring vehicle for hectic trips like we do as you can arrive later after a long day of traveling and settle for a bit with dinner and fuckloads of whiskey or cider and then just retire to the aft fixed double bed. Perfection.

#vanlife

Comment

• Originally posted by TommyP View Post
            Very common layout for these size vans. Makes a great touring vehicle for hectic trips like we do as you can arrive later after a long day of traveling and settle for a bit with dinner and fuckloads of whiskey or cider and then just retire to the aft fixed double bed. Perfection.
            And it keeps the dirt and crap from the bikes etc out of the living space.

Big ol crafter on the cards at cheesetowers soon...that's the dream anyway, just waiting for the staycationers to get bored and feck off to magarife and sell their vans for cheap.

And yeah a decent fixed bed is the way, rock and roll beds are awful.

Comment

• Must admit, I do want a crafter.
              Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post

And it keeps the dirt and crap from the bikes etc out of the living space.

Big ol crafter on the cards at cheesetowers soon...that's the dream anyway, just waiting for the staycationers to get bored and feck off to magarife and sell their vans for cheap.

And yeah a decent fixed bed is the way, rock and roll beds are awful.
                Yep, we’d have an LT, it’s been spoken about numerous times and saved loads of pics on Pinterest for ideas etc and inspiration.

Rock and roll beds are shite. No arguement here. Transporters are a fair weather camper van or status symbol if you ask me. There’s very few that seriously and properly tour with them that I can think of. The bloke on here in my area that went to Switzerland and did that epic video being one of them. Fritz does good trips too tbf. The majority of owners are just weekend warriors. The type that book sites that do takeaway pitch delivery for breakfast and dinner or have all the facilities that mean you may as well book a travelodge.

Not many adventurers out there.

#vanlife

Comment

• Because you boil an egg & washup in your "Barbie" kitchen with the banded steels and tyres touching grass you become an Adventurist ..... pahahaha!

You're a T4 owner - full stop and everyones needs are simply different. It doesn't matter what its being used for, or how full or empty you keep it whether camperfied or panel van empty. Just have a good time!

Comment

• The o.p., Tenburner, dragged his van all around Europe tommyp. All in this very thread, including his liaison with my good self.

Comment

• Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post
                      including his liaison with my good self.
                      He’s only just finished counciling please don’t remind him of that time you met up again

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post

He’s only just finished counciling please don’t remind him of that time you met up again
                        Jajajajajajajaja.
                        Yeah, alright.

Lets ask him if he wants to meet up again for a catch-up.

I already know the answer.

Comment

• Yep 100% keen for another evening with Mr Fox-Acre, just need travel restrictions sorted.

Touring Europe in the T4 was doable, but the main complaint for me was having 4K of bike hanging off the bike for three months and then the main complaint for the Mrs was making the bed every day, a bigger van solves both of those issues for us.

Sent from my iPad using Just T4s

Comment

• Looking forward to seeing it built.

Comment

• Great van
                              Larger vans are definitely easier. My dad had a LT35 and we went everywhere in it the engine was bomb proof think it had over 250000 when he sold it. Sad day when he sold it and bought an iveco daily to make a camper. He still misses the LT

Comment

• Long overdue an update I suppose. Slow progress on the sprinter, new job and moving house have slowed things down. Van is insulated with solar, roof lights and an LPG system but none of the interior is built! Will look to get it finished over this summer.

Comment

Working...
                                X