So sorry, a curtain thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So sorry, a curtain thread.

Move it to a better place if that exists.
    Can anyone point me to images or anything showing bright ideas for curtains for the windscreen. Certain criteria, as laid down by the domestic manager, need to be met.
    1) They are not commercially available as the fabric has been bought and the rest made. We could of course steal some one else's idea.
    2)They don't dangle down by the steering wheel. If there was some metal at the bottom of the glass I would use a magnet but there aint.
    3) Pillars are plastic covered so magnets don't work there
    4) Must use the current (and admittedly useful) curtain rail as taking them down and shoving them under seat isn't allowed.
    I would like something that is so smooth fitting that looks as if its sprayed on (that's is acceptable as long as I meet all other criteria) so how do I hold them fairly tightly to the bottom of the screen? Sticky Velcro I suspect but it looks "so tacky" when not in use
    Apparently I have 6 weeks school holidays and understand the internet so I can deal with this so help me please!

Haha good look bud could u not just use one of the outside wrap around screen covers
    Originally posted by mattsccm View Post
    Move it to a better place if that exists.
    Can anyone point me to images or anything showing bright ideas for curtains for the windscreen. Certain criteria, as laid down by the domestic manager, need to be met.
    1) They are not commercially available as the fabric has been bought and the rest made. We could of course steal some one else's idea.
    2)They don't dangle down by the steering wheel. If there was some metal at the bottom of the glass I would use a magnet but there aint.
    3) Pillars are plastic covered so magnets don't work there
    4) Must use the current (and admittedly useful) curtain rail as taking them down and shoving them under seat isn't allowed.
    I would like something that is so smooth fitting that looks as if its sprayed on (that's is acceptable as long as I meet all other criteria) so how do I hold them fairly tightly to the bottom of the screen? Sticky Velcro I suspect but it looks "so tacky" when not in use
    Apparently I have 6 weeks school holidays and understand the internet so I can deal with this so help me please!
    Sent from my JSN-L21 using Just T4s

Comment

Or maybe glue little magnets along the edge of the dash and pillar covers [emoji106]

Comment

Originally posted by damont4 View Post
        Or maybe glue little magnets along the edge of the dash and pillar covers [emoji106]

Or drill holes to inset them into the plastic [emoji1303]

T4ism is not a Dis-easeJust T4s

Comment

Idea 1
          Strong magnets would penetrate through the windscreen glazing and give you that sprayed on look. Just fix some inner tube rubber between the magnet and glazing.

Idea 2
          Remove the dash and line the windscreen edge with magnets or a curtain rail to run the fixings into. Use the sun visor mounts to secure something similar for the top edge.

Comment

Working...
          X