Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Dog71's Avatar Now you're learning (Copper)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyP View Post
    Have you considered finishing the job yourself? These really are brilliant motors to learn on and especially that engine with it being such a simple and basic design. Youíll get plenty of help on here with anything youíre unsure of. Yeah itíll take a bit of time and research before you get going but the bulk of the work is done really and the satisfaction youíll get, not to mention practical skills will be unparalleled. Most importantly itíll help you at the roadside in future

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
    Not mechanical minded enough to complete this, Iíve been looking for a T4 Haynes manual but canít find one anywhere

Laz's Avatar You obviously just chat rubbish (Silver)
    Thanks
    My Brooklands manual seems okay for the few times I've had to refer to it. There are different issues that cover different years and engines but they can all be picked up cheap on eBay.

IMG1716A.jpg

It's a pretty daunting job if you've never done anything like it before but as said they're simple machines and they'll be loads of help on here for you. I can't think of any special tools you'd need just a decent selection of sockets, spanners and some spline bits for the driveshaft to gearbox bolts. Then jacks, axles stands and maybe an engine crane which can be hired out.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Laz View Post
    My Brooklands manual seems okay for the few times I've had to refer to it. There are different issues that cover different years and engines but they can all be picked up cheap on eBay.

IMG1716A.jpg

It's a pretty daunting job if you've never done anything like it before but as said they're simple machines and they'll be loads of help on here for you. I can't think of any special tools you'd need just a decent selection of sockets, spanners and some spline bits for the driveshaft to gearbox bolts. Then jacks, axles stands and maybe an engine crane which can be hired out.
    Iíll have a look for one of those manuals. Just so fed up that I wanted my van for so many festivals, and not had it on the road itís so down heartening

TommyP's Avatar You need to get out more (Gold)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Laz View Post

IMG1716A.jpg

From what I read Laz, I think the 1.9td is in already, itís just hoses and a few wires thatís left, along with the front end bits etc.

I know itís easy for us that know a little bit, or a lot whatever it may be about working motors, to say how easy the job is but a huge amount of the hard stuff is done.

eBay is a good bet for a Haynes manual, which is a great start to getting your head around the job but youíll need more assistance which is hopefully where we can step in. We can post pics of our 1.9ís and explain so it should be very straight forward.

Hell, you may even enjoy doing it! As said tho, some pics would be ideal right about now.....

#vanlife

spedwing's Avatar Unemployed (Platinum)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dog71 View Post
    Iíll have a look for one of those manuals. Just so fed up that I wanted my van for so many festivals, and not had it on the road itís so down heartening

Iíve just moved house and I am sure Iíve got 2 Haynes books , I will try an find them and you can have one .... but give me a day or so as thereís shite everywhere here 🤯

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spedwing View Post
    Iíve just moved house and I am sure Iíve got 2 Haynes books , I will try an find them and you can have one .... but give me a day or so as thereís shite everywhere here 🤯

That would be great, much appreciated

regcheeseman's Avatar Privileged
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,068 Posts
    I would have done the whole job for £350, couple of 3 days work.

Shame you are not closer - good luck.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to regcheeseman For This Useful Post:

Activ8 (30th July 2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by regcheeseman View Post
    I would have done the whole job for £350, couple of 3 days work.

Shame you are not closer - good luck.
    I would have snatched ur hand off at that price, gutted you ainít closer

The-Fozzer's Avatar You obviously just chat rubbish (Silver)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dog71 View Post
    I would have snatched ur hand off at that price, gutted you ainít closer

Would it not be cheaper to "recover" your van to Regs all goes well it would only be a one way journey

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Fozzer View Post
    Would it not be cheaper to "recover" your van to Regs all goes well it would only be a one way journey

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk
    Prob not, having it recovered to north Devon from Nottinghamshire is gonna cost a fortune, so trying to get it repaired around this area
    But thanks for the suggestion

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Dog71 For This Useful Post:

AndyLeach (30th July 2019)